Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventures in the Durian Region THE REBOOT RP

Ampharos

OOC

The Durian Region! A fairly new island discovered about 50 years ago. No new Pokemon have been found here, but Pokemon of every region have found there way here. You're adventure starts in Acai Town, where you will meet with Professor Maple and receive a Pokedex! However, this isn't a necessity, only highly recommended. So what are you waiting for? It's time to start your journey!

Finally! Mags is finally strong enough to start off an adventure! I wonder who I'll meet on this journey? Guess I'll find out at the lab!

"Hello, Cedric! I believe you're brother started off his journey a few years ago. Come to follow in his footsteps ey? Well come, come. Get this Pokedex here. Noone else has shown up yet."  

"I think I'll wait a bit to see who shows up. Thanks again Professor."

Cedric took a seat near the table of Pokedexes and held Mags in his arms. Mags seemed to be able to control the intense heat of his body, allowing Cedric to be able to touch him.

@@Ampharos

Alissa swallows the lump in her throat as she stares up at the entrance to the lab, clutching a pokeball tightly.  It had taken her a while to work up the courage to come to get a pokedex - now that she was actually here, she was trying very hard not to back down.  The pokeball in her hand was really the only thing reassuring her right now.

Dad sent this Flabebe back for me from the Kalos region...  I want to be a strong trainer, like him...  To make him proud, to make my new Flabebe proud...  Come on Lis, open the door...

Taking a deep breath, she slowly walks forward to open the door to the lab.  Glancing around briefly before lowering her gaze to the floor, Alissa starts to walk into the lab and towards the Professor.

"Umm...  Is this...  The place to get a pokedex?  I mean...  If you still have enough...  And don't mind letting me have one..."  This was a terrible start - she felt sure that the answer was going to be no, that she should just go away.  She glances towards the floor again, her long hair falling down to hide the left side of her face.

Damien stood at the entrance of Professor Maple's labratory, holding his Pokeball in his right hand. "Hmm. Alright, Plusle. I don't have a name for you yet, but soon you'll have one. And maybe I can find a Minun somehow; you'll be the best of friends. But right now, let's get our Pokedex." As he walked throught labratory, he looked at the various machines, running each one's purpose through his mind. "Professor Maple? This is Damien Vesper, here for a Pokedex." He noticed the girl with the long hair, and decided to wait beside her, but in his cryptic manner, kept silent.

"Is this the place where we get our Pokedex? If so, I really want to hurry and go out into the Durian Region with Plusle here." He stroked the Pokeball and looked down at it. "So, Plusle. I guess our journey together will start soon. Together, we'll be the greatest team in the entire region!"

@,@@Starbound,

Cedric lifted his hand in greeting to the incredibly shy girl, having remembered seeing her around town every now and then. He gave her a sincere smile before she lowered her head and then waved casually at the boy who had walked in. Mags made little reaction to the new comers, simply sitting there on Cedric's lap. Or laying... Or... Sliming. Whatever it was Slugma's did.  

"Ah, greetings young ones. I am Professor Maple and this is indeed where you find your Pokedex dear. And don't look so down, I have plenty here! I think Cedric messed up with the order a little..." Cedric smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. "I may have put a zero where there shouldn't have been... Hehe." Maple simply chuckled lightly and picked up two dexes, walking over to the two aspiring trainers. Cedric got up as well and walked over to them, too, Mags still in his arms. "I entrust the two of you to research all the Pokemon you can, and use this device to find out new information yourself. The dexes have limited information on all Pokemon, so don't be afraid to give it a shot when you're unsure of something." "Alright. I'll be heading to the Pokemart, Maple. Was a pleasure meeting... sort of meeting you two." With a final smile, Cedric took off towards the blue-roofed building on the edge of town.  

Damien rolled the Pokedex in his hands, and opened it. The screen lit up, and he saw the main interface. "Thank you! This is great!" Once again, he stroked his Pokeball, and slipped the Pokedex into his vest pocket. "I'll have to get a bag sometime soon. Anyways, I will probably go to the Pokemart, too. Maybe spend a bit of my money on some Pokeballs and Potions. "I hope I can come back here soon, but until them, goodbye, Professor Maple!"

He hurried out of the room and race-walked to the Pokemart. "Well, this is it, Plusle. Our adventure has officially started. Why don't you come out?" Damien tossed the Pokeball at the ground, and in a flash of light, Plusle appeared. "Plus... le...? Plusle!" He knelt and held one of his arms out to Plusle, to see if at least was accepting of him. Plusle hopped forwards, slightly, but then stood still. "Well, we will surely bond over time." He gave an Oran Berry to Plusle, and Plusle jumped and snatched it out of the air, and nibbled on the berry. Damien stood up and perched Plusle on his shoulder, and continued walking towards the Pokemart. "Hmm... good names..."

Alissa hesitantly took her pokedex, opening it up to flip through a couple of the pages before closing it and slipping it into the bag she was carrying over her shoulder.  "Th-thank you...  I'll...  I'll try my best..."  She slowly walked towards the door, listening quietly as the two boys mentioned going to the pokemart to stock up on supplies.

They...  Didn't already do that?  She had gone to stock up on supplies earlier, trying to put off going to get the pokedex.  Plus it was harder for her to talk herself out of the journey when she'd already paid for the pokeballs.  She briefly considered going with them anyways, maybe to see if Cedric could give her any advice since she'd recognized him from around town...  But then again, he probably didn't want her to bother him.

Reaching for the pokeball holding her Flabebe again, Alissa sighs and shuts her eyes for a moment before turning to walk towards one of the routes leaving town.  She was going to go through with this, she was going to make herself take her first steps on her journey.

@@Ampharos,

((You mentioned there being three routes out of town?  Pick one at random for her in that case, I don't know the layout XD)) 

(edited)

@,

After stepping onto the dirt road out of town, one could see a post with a sign that said "Route 2". Around route 2 were conveniently basic and fairly weak Pokemon, perfect for a new trainer.  There were several bug types moving around in trees, including Caterpie, Wurmples, and Sewaddles. A Butterfree's wing could be seen poking out of one of the bushes near a yellow leaved tree. Around the rest of the area were both genders of Nidorans, a Turtwig that seemed incredibly interested in watching the sky, and just about all the basic normal types you could imagine. Rattatas and Patrats were looking for food together while Zigzagoons and Poochyenas wrestled with each other, some away from the groups. A single Bunnelby could be seen burrowing into the ground as if it were looking for something. The route was very large and was definitely able to be the home of all these Pokemon.

Edited by Ampharos

@@Ampharos

Alissa stood hesitantly watching the different pokemon roaming around before pressing the button on the pokeball in her hand.  With a brief flash of light suddenly the tiny Flabebe was floating in front of her on a blue flower, and she smiled a little at the sight of the tiny fairy pokemon.

"Umm...  Okay Flabebe...  Are you ready for our first battle?  I-I'm sorry if I'm not very good at this."  When the tiny pokemon chimed up to try and reassure her trainer, Alissa smiled again before turning to look at one of the closer wild pokemon.  It was a purple little pokemon that her pokedex told her was called a Nidoran.  

"Okay...  Use umm...  Fairy Wind?"  Not the surest way to phrase the command, but she'd spent a couple weeks with her Flabebe so far and the patient little pokemon had started to grow accustomed to her trainer.  Upon hearing the command a pink wind started to flow from the small floating flower towards the Nidoran, while Alissa clutched an empty pokeball against her chest.  Oh, I hope this works...

Damien hurried towards Route 2, he was very serious about his adventure, he didn't actually need to head to the Pokemart. He only saw that as an excuse for leaving in a hurry without being rude. "So, Plusle, this is where Route 2 starts." He took Plusle off his shoulder and settled it on the ground next to him, and on cue, they both stepped onto Route 2, and again Plusle hopped. "You know what, your name has to do with hopping or jumping. You seem to do a lot of that. Hmm... Pip. That's it! Pip! How do you like that?" Plusle stared up at him with big, beady eyes, and replied "Plus... le! Plusle!" Pokemon weren't just dumb animals. They were smart. And apparently Damien's Plusle understood him; this was going to be the start of a wonderful friendship.

Bethanne looked up at the Professor's lab, her fingers idly tapping the side of her leg. Reaching for her belt, she grabbed the first of the six pokeballs, turning it in her hand. She clicked the button on the pokeball, and it expanded in her hand. She tossed it slightly, and the pokeball burst open in mid-air, allowing a Hoppip to take form and begin floating in front of her. Bethanne looked at the pokemon, smiling slightly. "You ready, Hoppip?" She asked, walking towards the lab in front of her. "Hoppip, hop!"

The duo entered the building, one walking, one floating, both heading towards the far end, where the Professor currently stood. "Hoppip!" exclaimed the pokemon, rushing forward towards the pile of pokedexes on the counter. "Morning, Professor!" Bethanne started, watching as her pokemon attempted to pick up one of the dexes. "Sorry about Hoppip, he's really excited about today."

(((@@Ampharos Sorry I was a bit late, forgot how hectic RPs could become. Do you mind explaining how exactly movesets etc. would work? I forgot pretty much everything from last time. XD )))

@,

The Nidoran jumped unexpectedly at the attack, having thought the trainer would do no harm. However, this only caused it to be taken by the wind and thrown farther than it would have been. It got up, trying to shake off the attack, charging for a Double Kick. Both kicks landed on the Flabebe, but the damage wasn't too severe. It then jumped back and waited to strike again.

@@Starbound, ((Look at my post to Lhee about what Pokemon are on the route.)) 

@@Pinkie Paranoia,

"Hehe, it's quite alright dear." Maple took the Dex off of Hoppip and handed to Bethanne. "I hope you have a wonderful adventure."

((Sorry it can't be longer. Gotta dash.)) 

• Brohoof 1

@@Ampharos,

Alissa gasped and covered her mouth with one hand as the Nidoran launched its counter attack.   "Flabebe!  A-Are you okay?  I'm sorry!"  When it seemed that the little fairy pokemon was fine however, Alissa swallows the lump that had been forming in her throat and tries to get back into the flow of the battle.  

"Use...  Umm, use Vine Whip?"  As the long vines lashed out from the grass underneath where Flabebe was floating on its flower, Alissa blinks and looks at the empty pokeball in her hand.  Oh...  should...  should I try this now?  Glancing back to where the little pink Nidoran was, she shakes her head and throws the empty pokeball towards it.  

@,

Nidoran jumped out of the way of the Vine Whip with ease. Feeling accomplished he began to strut around out of cockiness, before realizing one of the vines had wrapped around his leg and had thrown him into a tree. Seeing the Pokeball fly towards him, Nidoran gave next to no struggle, seeing the potential in this trainer and wanting to be a part of her growth as one. The Pokaball shook three times before letting out a few sparks to show the Pokemon had been captured.

Nidoran's data has been added to the Pokedex.

Nidoran ?, the Poison Pin Pokemon. It scans its surroundings by raising it's ears out of the grass. Its toxic horn is used for protection.

032.png

First encountered: Route 2 - OT: Alissa - Gender: Male

Nature: Bold. Proud of it's power.

Ability: Poison Point. Chance of enemy being poisoned from contact with Nidoran.

Moveset: Peck, Double Kick, Leer, Focus Energy. Learns Poison Sting with minimal training.

((I didn't even know you started the rp until just now. Why didn't you link it to the OOC?))

Zain sighed as he walked up to the professors lab and walked in "yo professor, I'm here to start my 'epic journey' or whatever. Am I late?" He asked sarcastically, hoping to get started on his traveling soon.

Edited by ~LoSt SoLe~

Hmmm.... so this is Acai town eh? 

Alek just arrived earlier from Unova. He was eager to start his adventure, however, part of him was worried. He's been all over and visited many regions with his Father before, but he's never been here. This region is fairly new with who know how many different Pokemon. Anything could happen on this journey. Alek instantly shrugged off the feeling and looked towards his Petilil, Petals. He met her a while back ago in Mistralton by some of the vegetables. He smiled at the Pokemon perched upon his shoulders and it glanced back at him. "So what do you think Petals?" "Petil!" "Yeah it is quaint isn't it? Not like a lot of places at home. Come on, let's find that professor."

He walked around town for a bit until he found the lab. It looked just like any other Pokemon Lab. He walked inside without saying anything and noticed a man in a lab coat and some other kids there who looked roughly his age. He assumed the man in the coat to be the professor and walked over to him. "Greetings. You must be Professor Maple." Alek said extending out a hand. "I came here to retrieve my Pokedex so I can go on my journey."

Edited by AnonBrony

@@Ampharos

((I didn't even know it had started yet! 0.0 But whatever, I'll begin posting...))

Ace took a bored glance around the island as he stepped off the boat, he had just arrived from his hometown in Kanto and was eager to begin his new adventure, but the reason he looked so grumpy was because he had to go away from the ocean and into the mainland, he preferred the water over the land almost any day, even if he didn't seem like it. "So...this is the place, huh? Seems kinda dull to me...maybe things will get more exciting after I actually get my gear?" he thought, before walking towards the direction of the professors lab.

After a short walk, and a short pause to let his carnivah Riptide out of it's pokéball, Ace arrived at the entrance of the lab and, with a deep breath, walked inside. "Is there a professor Maple in this place? I'm here to start my..." he stops as he sees a few girls around his age in the room, causing him to smile a bit. "Pretty girls? Hmm...maybe this little intro won't be so bad after all..." he thought, his dark blue eyes scanning the room. Carnivah hovered around his legs and eyed the other Pokémon, seemingly sizing them up.

@@Ampharos

"Alright. There seems to be a lot of Pokemon here. How would you like that, Plusle?" "Plusle! Plus Plus Plusle!" "Good! Lets try to defeat a Pokemon first; then I might want to catch a Turtwig. My cousin has a Torterra, it is pretty powerful." Damien saw a lone Poochyena, and pointed it out to Plusle. "Plusle!" He crept up on it, careful not to alarm the Poochyena. It looked his way and he froze; "Oops."

(You know what, I just realized I hated Pip as a name. Ignore my last post.)

Edited by Starbound

((My internet decided to go down right before I posted. Apologies.))

@@Ampharos

"I suppose we are late, my friend." A girl with long red hair said, upon arrival to the small town. "Though there was not a specific time we were meant to be here, the earlier the better, correct?" She didn't seem to be talking to anything, as there was no people or pokemon alike in sight. Well, there was, but they were nowhere near hearing distance of her. "Alas, there is no point doddling here. Let us make haste." She said, entering the signature lab of the starting town in this region. 

The thing the girl had been talking to finally made itself known. It had seemingly been hiding in her hair before, but now slung itself over the girl's shoulder. There appeared to be two other trainers at the lab. So, she wasn't terribly late after all. One of the trainers seemed to have a pokemon with them as well, while the opposing one seemed very impolite. Hopefully she would not have to converse with the likes of him. "I never quite understood why pokedexes are so different for every region. Getting multiple is quite a waste of time. But oh well. I suppose we should make ourselves known." The trainer whispered in a low voice to her partner. 

Approaching the professor she had forgotten the name of, and ignoring the other two trainers, the girl spoke up. "Hello, Proffessor. I am Stella, and I am here to retrieve a pokedex. My apologies if this is bad timing."

((Since you didn't mention it, I'm inferring I'll get to pick Mienfoo's gender/ability? I might have missed it, if you said anything. x3 But if you didn't, I would quite like her to be a girl, and to have the ability Reckless or Regenerator if I can't use the HA, if that's alright.))

Edited by Firebolt

@,@@AnonBrony, @, @,

Professor Maple smiled again at the newcomers. He shook the boy's hand and turned around to grab more Pokedexes. "I am indeed the Professor, and there's no worries of being late or having bad timing. My assistant, who I believe left for the Pokemart a short while ago, ordered a few too many Pokedexes by mistake. Now..." Maple gave the dexes to the three newcomers and smiled warmly at all of them. "I sincerely hope all of you have a wonderful time out there. Good luck." And with that, Maple turned around and became engrossed in his work. An Espeon was levitating important looking papers over to Maple so he wouldn't forget about them. "Ah yes... Thank you Olive." The Espeon nodded silently and began walking around the lab.

((Gonna randomize Cedric's route for funzies. Gonna make up the Pokemon first so I don't make them up as I want them.))

Cedric finally grabbed all of the things he needed and rushed out of the Mart, still carrying Mags. If the Pokemon could talk, it would probably be telling Cedric it had a Pokeball. Cedric ran off towards Route 1, heading towards Orange Town. Route 1 was quite beautiful. There was a fair abundance of Pokemon, and a beautiful lake that held Horsea, Goldeen, and Magikarp. If one looked close enough, they might have seen a brown-orange shell near the bottom of the somewhat shallow lake. There were a few bird Pokemon in the trees, namely Starlys and Pidgeys. A Pancham seemed to be getting into an argument with a Mincinno over something as their siblings and a few Pikachu, as well as some Eevees stood by. Before attempting to catch a Pokemon though, Cedric took a seat under the shade of a tree and began sketching a few of the Pokemon he saw on a small notepad. He caught sight of an Abra and tried drawing it before it could teleport away.

@@Starbound,

The Poochyena immediately heard the newcomer, and quickly turned around, pouncing at either Pokemon or trainer. It seemed to be going for a simple tackle move. 

• Brohoof 1

Zain grinned and levitated the device in front of him with telekinesis "sweet! Alright, see ya guys later. I've got some Pokemon to catch!" He said, slipping the pokedex into his pocket and running out the door. While he ran he pulled out a pokeball with telekinesis and threw it into the air "cmon out skrelp, time to find some new friends!" He said, as said Pokemon came out of the ball and followed him. The two quickly made their way into the forest and began to search for some Pokemon to battle, and hopefully catch.

@@Ampharos

((I'll be going the same route as Cedric. So, if that's not okay using the info you gave for him, just let me know and ignore this post.))

"Thank you." Stella said, after she had retrieved her pokedex. But, she was quick to leave. Not bothering to converse with the other trainers, or professor anymore. Stella wanted to head out to the next route as soon as possible. She went to the nearest route she could find. One near the pokemart. There seemed to be a trainer already here. But more importantly, there were quite a few pokemon.

Stella looked around the route and grinned. There were certainly quite a few pokemon around. Stella first saw the Eevee. Quite a rare pokemon. Then she saw the Starly and Pidgeys. Starly was a pokemon she rather liked, but Mienfoo might have a hard time battling one. An Eevee would be the better choice. "Alright, Mienfoo. Let's go catch one of-" The girl was cut off by an unseen presence. Literally unseen, as the Mienfoo had disappeared. It had run off towards the scuffle between the Pancham and Minnico. "Mienfoo! Wait!" Stella called after the pokemon, chasing after her. Mienfoo seemed to want to settle the debate between the two pokemon. Probably due to Pancham's typing.

@@Ampharos

"Thank you sir. It was a pleasure meeting you. If I ever find anything interesting I'll be sure to tell you. Let's go Petals." "Petil!"

Alek then walked out the door with his newly acquired Pokedex. He look at it for a moment, but considering there were no entries besides Petilil, there wasn't much of a point. He then needed to decide on a route to take. "Which route should we take Petals?" The grass type hopped off his shoulder and walked over to one of the signs indicating that was where we should go. "Route 1 it is then." 

As soon as he started onto the path, a Starly flew right of front of him and landed a couple meters away, pecking at the ground with it's beak to look for food. It was as if the Pokemon wasn't even aware of his presence. Cool a flying type. Just like on of Dad's. Let's see who he is... He checked the Pokedex apparently it was a Starly. He hasn't seen one before. They weren't in Unova. Ok first battle. "Okay Petals let's catch ourselves a Starly! Go use Absorb!" She jumped off his shoulders then did as commanded. "Petiliiiiil!"

Edited by AnonBrony

@@Ampharos

The Poochyena managed to hit Plusle with the tackle, although, other than knocking it back, Plusle was barely affected. "Plusle! Are you okay?" Plusle looked back and nodded. "Alright then! Hmm... Plusle! Use Tail Whip, then follow up with a Thunder Wave!" "Plusle! Plus... Plusleeeeee!" Plusle waved his tail, and then its tail and ears lit up with lightning and it released a wave of electricity at the Poochyena. "Good job, Plusle..."

@,

Pancham seemed quite annoyed that's argument was being interrupted, and had no hesitation in using Karate Chop to try and bonk Mienfoo on the head. This Pancham seemed like it was a little stronger the siblings, and was most likely in charge of them while their mother was gone.

@@AnonBrony,

The Starly was barely fazed by the attack, but the weak attack did annoy the Pokemon a bit. The Starly quickly flew forward at Budew with the intent on hitting it with a Quick Attack.

@@Starbound,

Poochyena ignored the Tail Whip, knowing it would lower his guard. However, this caused him to be unable to see the Thunder Wave hit him square on. He seemed to move a little slower, and when he tried to Tackle again, a few sparks ran through him rendering him unable to move. 

Gasping quietly, Alissa quickly ran forward to pick up the pokeball.  "Flabebe, are you hurt?  I'm so sorry you got hit, it's because I'm a terrible trainer, isn't it?"  "Bebe!"  After finally being reassured that the little fairy wasn't really all that hurt from the Nidoran's double kick, she eventually returns Flabebe to her pokeball.

Once that was taken care of she quickly brought the Nidoran out of his pokeball, crouching down next to him and holding out her hand.  "I'm sorry little one!  You didn't get hurt in the battle, did you?  I...  I'm glad you wanted to come with me though..."  "Nido!"  As the proud little poison type held its head up and twitched his ears towards his new trainer, Alissa giggles quietly and very carefully pats him on the head (careful to avoid the horns).  

"Well...  Thank you, Nidoran...  I'll try and make you proud..."  Returning Nidoran to his new pokeball, Alissa stands back up to look around the rest of the route.  She noticed another trainer battling a Poochyena.  She was tempted to watch, but he probably didn't want her lurking around getting in the way...  Watching for a couple seconds, Alissa quickly decides she should keep moving before he notices her.  She turns to start making her way further down the route - there were still pokemon around, but she didn't want to go crazy and start battling them all!  This was their home, that would just be...  Well, mean!

@@Starbound,@@Ampharos,