Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna's Voice

Party Cannon

Honestly, I didn't mind that Tabitha changed her voice for Luna during the ending scene with Sweetie Belle. In fact, I think I like that voice a lot more than how Luna usually sounds. Her soothing and whimsical voice fits best when she is in ponies dreams anyways. 

The Royal Canterlot voice is one of Luna's big fanboy draws, it was one of the catch notes of her character that made the Brony club /squee!

To have fully removed it, and her slight lisp, accent and just flat out take out the ackwardness she shows normally, really isnt making her mainstream but instead its forcing her fanbase to baulk.

Which is fine, Celestia is best Pony anyways! Her flank = win!

I dunno, Luna sounded the same has her Sleepless in Ponyville self. Definitely an improvement over the performance she made in the season opener where she sounded like Rarity. 

There was apparently a tweet from Meghan saying something along the lines of 'DHX breaking Tabitha's voice'.

I'm guessing that there was something else Tabitha was doing in between Luna recordings, for DHX. She normally has anywhere from five to ten different roles in different shows she's recording for at the same time as far as I can tell. So maybe she was recording some other lines for where there was a lot of screaming and screeching, and she wasn't given enough time to recover before having to finish recording for Luna.

I have to agree.........it seemed Tabitha decided to change Luna's voice by giving her more of a normal voice, without an accent and not have "old/middle english" words like "Thou, Thy, Dost, etc".   However, I like the way she spoke in this episode.  

The Royal Canterlot voice is one of Luna's big fanboy draws, it was one of the catch notes of her character that made the Brony club /squee!

To have fully removed it, and her slight lisp, accent and just flat out take out the ackwardness she shows normally, really isnt making her mainstream but instead its forcing her fanbase to baulk.

Which is fine, Celestia is best Pony anyways! Her flank = win!

Pfff Luna is 700x better then Celestia!

And like I said about the voice thing is that she grew older....

I dunno.

I'm just saying, Tabitha doesn't play Luna that often. So it may be hard for her to remember exactly how the voice was in her head at times.

Your idea is good, too! ^^

Maybe it's because she voices other secondary characters (Granny Smith, Mrs Cake) and plot relevant one shots (Zippoorwhill, Photo Finish, Philomena, the Olden Pony, Suri Polomare, etc) than Luna (take note that I didn't even mentioned Rarity herself). Which plot-wise could make sense, since it might indicate that she has taken her time adapting to modern times 

How is that proof of anything? Stop being the stereotype that is the all know internet troll. The reality is the two elements of comic and show,also movies are all canon, did any of use write them? No! The creators did. It is how they want it,period...but I still miss the RCV :(

she voices other secondary characters (Granny Smith, Mrs Cake) and plot relevant one shots (Zippoorwhill, Photo Finish, Philomena, the Olden Pony, Suri Polomare, etc) than Luna (take note that I didn't even mentioned Rarity herself). 

She certainly has her hands full with all these character voices, doesn't she? ^^

She certainly has her hands full with all these character voices, doesn't she? ^^

oh, and I forgot to mention, she also voices Twily as a draft before they send the material to Tara Strong XD

oh, and I forgot to mention, she also voices Twily as a draft before they send the material to Tara Strong XD

Wow, that's impressive. ^^

But no dice! xD

I actually noticed that when watching the ep. IDK, probs just an unintentional mistake and luna will be back to speaking like normal in no time :)

Edited by Moony