gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Truth be told, Goku isn't even the strongest character in the Dragon Ball universe. There has always been stronger fighters.

Goku can't beat DB's version of Superman, but he can beat a number of Superman interpretations that aren't overly haxed.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

The thing that gets me about Supermans supposed abilities is this: It's not consistent. 

In one storyline he'll be able to move the earth. 

In another he'll struggle with something far far lighter. 

In one Storyline he'll be able to wipe out a group of Doomsdays, though it was taxing. 

In another one person of Doomsday level strength forces him back. 

That's my main issue. That his strength varies depending on the writer. 

I will admit I did not know about the Kryption Martial Arts. But I will ask how Batman knew them. O.o or am I misreading that? Did he learn Martial Arts from batman in addition to the Kryptiaon ones. And no I'm not misspelling that on purpose. 

Goku's strength has always been consistent. Consistently rising. No he's not the strongest thing in the canon. Neither is Superman. 

As far as strength and Durability goes...look. DBZ hell just DB anything works on the A > B > C power levels. IE: If Person B is capable of blow up galaxies. Then Person A is capable of that, even if Person A has never done it. Goku has Beaten Galaxy Busters. 

SS4. Okay....um...can we not count GT? It's technically none Canon at this point. Plus...It's...just bad....>.< 

• Brohoof 2

Death Battle really does put a light in terms of who is stronger than who in these fights. They take a look at these fights as scientists and actually deduce who would be stronger. It's a really cool concept, the only video I personally have a grudge against and this might be a childish thing, but i don't care, I hate the Cloud Strife vs Link one... Really!? Cloud should've totally won that fight dammit, but other than that really good show, seriously.

• Brohoof 1

The thing that gets me about Supermans supposed abilities is this: It's not consistent. 

In one storyline he'll be able to move the earth. 

In another he'll struggle with something far far lighter. 

In one Storyline he'll be able to wipe out a group of Doomsdays, though it was taxing. 

In another one person of Doomsday level strength forces him back. 

That's my main issue. That his strength varies depending on the writer. 

I will admit I did not know about the Kryption Martial Arts. But I will ask how Batman knew them. O.o or am I misreading that? Did he learn Martial Arts from batman in addition to the Kryptiaon ones. And no I'm not misspelling that on purpose. 

Goku's strength has always been consistent. Consistently rising. No he's not the strongest thing in the canon. Neither is Superman. 

As far as strength and Durability goes...look. DBZ hell just DB anything works on the A > B > C power levels. IE: If Person B is capable of blow up galaxies. Then Person A is capable of that, even if Person A has never done it. Goku has Beaten Galaxy Busters. 

SS4. Okay....um...can we not count GT? It's technically none Canon at this point. Plus...It's...just bad....>.< 

That's a problem with inconsistent writing and in universe he's willing to hold back to not put others in harms way. The Kryptonian Martial arts is something he learned that isn't taught by batman (I'm not sure who taught him, but I know it wasn't batman). Paired with boxing and his kryptonian martial arts, Batman taught him not only martial arts but he even told him how to exploit pressure points to beat an opponent without inflicting too much pain.

No I wouldn't say that, especially when said supposed solar system buster was beaten by someone who couldn't solar system bust and the most powerful character in DBZ universe was reputated to 'piss him off enough, and he'll destroy a solar system'. DBZ's problem is that it uses alot of exaggeration and boastings from villains to show off of how serious or dangerous they are, even if they couldn't do it themselves or it is too inconsistent to be really taken at face value. Goku has never faced a galaxy buster, Superman has faced a universal buster on the other hand I believe.

Death Battle really does put a light in terms of who is stronger than who in these fights. They take a look at these fights as scientists and actually deduce who would be stronger. It's a really cool concept, the only video I personally have a grudge against and this might be a childish thing, but i don't care, I hate the Cloud Strife vs Link one... Really!? Cloud should've totally won that fight dammit, but other than that really good show, seriously.

I didn't like that battle either. It seemed they were deliberately trying to nerf Cloud just to give Link a better chance as Cloud couldn't use his summons and other powerful abilities. Especially with that recent stat boost putting Cloud at relativistic speeds.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Even if we were to say just put them on equal footing, like say we just put them at the same level of power. Goku would still win, why? Technique. Superman is never really shown learning how to fight or any martial arts. Goku knows several he's been training in them since he was a kid. Fighting someone of equal power but with less Knowledge? He wins.

Even if Superman didn't know any martial arts (he does), he'd still win purely by virtue of being leagues more durable and destructive. Superman 1000, Prime and now even New 52 are all boasting more DC (destructive capacity) ranging between solar system level and galaxy level if not unversal, and same for durability. New 52 Superman, the weakest version of post-crisis superman besides DCAU, crushed a black hole and came back from it like it was nothing. GT Goku, his strongest incarnation, can only go up to large star level, and that's with some effort on his part. All versions of Superman are also at least FTL (Faster Than Light) of not Massively FTL. Goku's best speed is at sub-relativistic at best. Even with Goku's martial arts and presuming Supes is just a brawler, Supes far outclasses him in all stats.

Superman has been beaten several times in contests of pure power in his own Canon. Wonder Woman Tanked a point blank heat Vision and shoved it back into face.

So has Goku. Not to mention most cases wherein Supes was beaten was either through some hax his enemy had (which is how Batman beat him) or Supes hadn't tapped further into his potential at that point in time.

Wonder Woman spared with him and it turns out, in a fight. She's faster. Superman can run faster, but he doesn't have the Reflexes of a Warrior. Goku can fight at FTL speeds.

Goku doesn't have FTL speed feats. The only one who does right now is Beerus, although even he doesn't have any other feats that compare to Supes in terms of DC and durability.

• Brohoof 1

Alpha Ceph -VS- Flood Gravemind

Master Chief -VS- Alcatraz (Crysis 2)

Darth Revan -VS- Darth Vader

R2-D2 -VS- T3-M4

Darth Sidious -VS- Darth Sion (Lord of Pain / Mr. Living Gravel)

Sangheili (Halo) -VS- Ceph Grunts (Crysis 2 and 3)

Alex Mason (BLOPS) -VS- Michael "Psycho" Sykes (Crysis 3. Without nanosuit)

Forty (40) SPARTAN-IV recruits -VS- Four (4) SPARTAN-II veterans.

all i need to know is who would win in these independent battles?

Edited by LtCol Michael Sykes
  • Brohoof 1

Lina Inverse vs. Avatar Korra

No contest. Lina wins. Even if Lina couldn't use the Dark Lord powers. Lina would still win. Intelligence+ Combat Experience+ Destructive Power+ Defensive Capabilities+ Attack Options+ Mobility(flying)+

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

More new ideas:

Ichigo Kurosaki VS Yusuke Urameshi
Sasuke Uchiha VS Hieh
Sailor Moon VS Sakura Avalon
Maleficent VS Queen Beryl
Darkrai VS Nightmare Moon
Toph Beifong VS Terra (The one from Teen Titans not Kingdom Hearts)

• Brohoof 1

Lina Inverse vs. Avatar Korra

No contest. Lina wins. Even if Lina couldn't use the Dark Lord powers. Lina would still win. Intelligence+ Combat Experience+ Destructive Power+ Defensive Capabilities+ Attack Options+ Mobility(flying)+

How oped is that Gigaslave of hers? Couldn't she actually solo the Avatar verse with that?

If Toph really fought Gaara she'd wish she had faced Terra instead lol. And if I recall correctly Toph has to come in contact with the materials around her in order to bend them. But all Gaara has to do is make hand signs. No physical contact with him and sand is needed for him to control it. So he has the edge easily at a distance.

No benders don't have to be in contact with their element. When they were at an earthbender prison (Book one), The earthbenders were able to bend the coal without being in direct contact. 

However it does look like they need to be able to preform certain movements to preform their bending. So Gaara still has an advantage in just speed of Technique. Plus if he can seal or limit her Movements he gains a massive advantage. 

Young Toph at least. I never finished Korra so I haven't seen what Old Toph can do. 

Oh shit...Metal Bending. If she manages to get ahold of the same stuff that Gaara's Father used...Hmm...

Edited by Notachangeling

If Toph really fought Gaara she'd wish she had faced Terra instead lol. And if I recall correctly Toph has to come in contact with the materials around her in order to bend them. But all Gaara has to do is make hand signs. No physical contact with him and sand is needed for him to control it. So he has the edge easily at a distance.

Also they completely forget about Gaara's ultimate defense. The only way to get through it was if you had superhuman speed. Toph was never known to have speed. Rock Lee or Shira for example were the only ones fast enough to get past it so far.

Also Toph needs to make full body movements to actually move things if she was held in a sand prison, Gaara just needs to squeeze it and she's dead. Not to mention Gaara is a ninja and Toph is not. Gaara could easily throw in substitutes of himself to throw Toph's intuition off before killing her and she can't substitute herself because she does not have any ninja abilities.

One more thing Gaara has killed people even as a child, his killing power is far more greater and he's far more ruthless than Toph. Death Battle writers are just bias and hate anime characters.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

To put things simply, Toph's speed is superhuman at best. Gaara's speed, both physical and technical, are well within the massively hypersonic range. Toph's not gonna get close to Gaara without turning into red goo before even taking a step.

Ichigo Kurosaki VS Yusuke Urameshi

Sasuke Uchiha VS Hieh

Yusuke stomps.

Sasuke stomps.

Sasuke would also stomp Yusuke by virtue of greater DC. Naruto top-tiers are at least continent level, possibly moon level with Indra's arrow in Sasuke's case. Yusuke is at country level at best.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

I realize that I'm speaking out of turn here, but I have to know. Why do you all even bother watching Death Battle if you are just going to disagree with the results every time? You continually state that Whizz and Boomstick (spelling?) get everything wrong / are biased / didn't do the research, yet each time you watch their videos.

• Brohoof 1

They seem to have gotten much smarter lately. The final nail in the coffin would've been if they had just kept doing more ridiculous stuff like Gaara VS Toph and Kirby VS Majin Buu. If it weren't for that I probably would've stopped watching. But they managed to redeem themselves with the fights they did after that.

To put things simply, Toph's speed is superhuman at best. Gaara's speed, both physical and technical, are well within the massively hypersonic range. Toph's not gonna get close to Gaara without turning into red goo before even taking a step.

Yusuke stomps.

Sasuke stomps.

Sasuke would also stomp Yusuke by virtue of greater DC. Naruto top-tiers are at least continent level, possibly moon level with Indra's arrow in Sasuke's case. Yusuke is at country level at best.

I've watched the entire show and no there was no implications that Toph was anything fast.

I realize that I'm speaking out of turn here, but I have to know. Why do you all even bother watching Death Battle if you are just going to disagree with the results every time? You continually state that Whizz and Boomstick (spelling?) get everything wrong / are biased / didn't do the research, yet each time you watch their videos.

Going on websites where people do this stuff right as a pasttime, you kinda pick up where other people went wrong, and Wiz and Boomstick are incredibly sub-par and have a bit of a bias when reviewing. But, they make a really entertaining show, they get most of their backgrounds on characters right, and they have fun with it. It's actually refreshing to watch, especially when everyone else on the internet is pretty much dried up and way too serious about this subject. XD

• Brohoof 1

Wiz and Boomstick chose to completely downplay and crap all over the feats of certain characters. Majin Buu, Gaara, Cloud, Shadow, and Goku are examples. And they chose to completely overplay certain characters too. Toph and Link are 2 examples.

• Brohoof 1

They seem to have gotten much smarter lately. The final nail in the coffin would've been if they had just kept doing more ridiculous stuff like Gaara VS Toph and Kirby VS Majin Buu. If it weren't for that I probably would've stopped watching. But they managed to redeem themselves with the fights they did after that.

Not sure in other avenues but in the idea of matches like Dr. Doom vs. Vader they should of rethought that choice.

• Brohoof 1

How oped is that Gigaslave of hers? Couldn't she actually solo the Avatar verse with that?

Giga Slave calls on the power of The Lord of Nightmares which is their universe version of God. Different results can occur except Lord of Nightmares taking over Lina which DB wouldn't allow.

She does have the Ragna Blade which has the The Lord of Nightmares power to cut through almost anything.

Lina also has magical amulets which can strengthen the power of any of her spells. Along with defensive magical shields and healing spells.

Since the Revolution anime, Lina is able to create a barrier to protect herself while casting a boosted Dragon Slave and two mages were able to fly while casting spells. That was something they couldn't do in the previous anime. 

• Brohoof 1

Wiz and Boomstick chose to completely downplay and crap all over the feats of certain characters. Majin Buu, Gaara, Cloud, Shadow, and Goku are examples. And they chose to completely overplay certain characters too. Toph and Link are 2 examples.

Aye, it's why I can understand people's frustrations with them cause I do agree, they do seem to have a bias towards anime and certain types of games. The way they went and nerfed Cloud and Gaara while buffing Toph to the stratosphere was ridiculous.

Edited by Nuke87654

You know that if Gaara stood on water, a tree or certain things, Toph would lose sight of him.

The practitioner must always be in direct contact with solid earth to use the sense at all and the ability only detects things if they are in contact with the same mass of earth the user is contacting, or made of earthen materials. Non-earthen objects floating in water or thrown into the air are undetectable, unless by extrapolation from the detected positions of the launching point.[15] If the user is in the air or water, or even standing on a non-earth solid such as ice or wood, the bender will be unable to sense anything through that substance.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Seismic_sense#Limitations

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

Wait if Superman is a super OP and inconsistent wouldnt Alucard (Hellsing Series)  be the perfect match for Superman, I mean both of them are massively OP and well... you know, writing inconsistency. They would be the perfect match. Wouldnt it?

Wait if Superman is a super OP and inconsistent wouldnt Alucard (Hellsing Series)  be the perfect match for Superman, I mean both of them are massively OP and well... you know, writing inconsistency. They would be the perfect match. Wouldnt it?

While Alucard probably wouldn't be killed by conventional means, I don't think he can handle being thrown to a star or having the planet he's on being blown up by Superman's shear strength.

• Brohoof 1