The Daring Do Adventure Collection - Reviews & General Discussion

MagicalWingLT

I'll probably get them because I've enjoyed the other GM Berrwo books.

I kind of wish they could be bought in a cheaper format without so many bells and whistles though, as I mostly just care about the actual contents of the books and view the rest of it as just more stuff to occupy space in my house.

I got all the other GM Berrow books on Kindle.

Well this is a collector's item guys. And if these are novels, usually they are like $10-$13 a piece. So $50.00 is a fair price. Even more fair if these will be in hardcover format. I guess we'll have to wait and see later as more info gets leaked.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably gonna buy but I'm not huge on pre-ordering and even then it comes out near the end of the year anyway so don't see the purpose of sinking £40 just yet

I'm probably gonna buy but I'm not huge on pre-ordering and even then it comes out near the end of the year anyway so don't see the purpose of sinking £40 just yet

yeah I am with you I think I will probably get it but I don't think that I will be per-ordering it.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry if this has been posted already :) I ordered the collection when it first came on Amazon. I'm can't wait to check out this collection of 3 books. Estimated shipping is Oct 14-20th. I notice that people can't pre order it now. I guess Amazon already reached their limit for pre orders for this. I knew it was a limited edition. So did anyone else pre order this? And what's your estimated shipping? 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316406120/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

I'm sorry if this has been posted already :) I ordered the collection when it first came on Amazon. I'm can't wait to check out this collection of 3 books. Estimated shipping is Oct 14-20th. I notice that people can't pre order it now. I guess Amazon already reached their limit for pre orders for this. I knew it was a limited edition. So did anyone else pre order this? And what's your estimated shipping? 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316406120/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

I preordered it, but only off of Barnes & Noble as there seems to be a publisher between with Amazon right now. BnN had a better deal, so yeah. :)

The Daring Do Adventure Collection is releasing next week! I pre-ordered months ago (I actually forgot about it, until Equestria Daily mentioned it). Anyone else pre-order or plan to snatch it up once on shelves? What do you think the stories will be about? Do you think G.M. Berrow will do a good job? As we all read the stories (once its at our fingertips), let's discuss!

I personally am excited. It seems like a good addition to the world building of Equestria. Looking at what normal pony merchandise has been in the past, I really think Hasbro is taking G4 quite far....I mean, they never really did much for "extras" with the other generations.

I just hope it have much for "girly talk"....like another series I know. If it's going to be a child-friendly adventure story, it better be such! Although what gives me higher hopes for this series is the explanation of A.K Yearling on Amazon's website, which is cute and a little strange (considering adults who get this for their kids probably don't know the reference, but the kids and us bronies do). A nice nod to the fandom. Here is what's written on Amazon;

A.K. Yearling's adventure novels starring the fearless Daring Do have been recognized as the best-selling series in Equestria history. Yearling holds a degree in Literature from Pranceton University. After college, she briefly worked as a researcher at the National Archives for Equestrian Artifacts and Ponthropology in Canterlot. During that time, she wrote an essay based on her findings on the Griffon territories entitled "What was the Name of that Griffon Again? Or Beak and Roaming Studies Recalled." It was published last year by the University of Equexeter's journal, Pegasus. She enjoys quiet time at home alone and long trots on the beach.

I can't wait to get my package in the mail! Hopefully it will be a worthwhile wait! One week isn't 3 months and 265 days (and it better not be pushed back!)

mlfw2884-Rainbow_Dash_leg_wiggle_2.gif

-what I'll be doing when I get it!

• Brohoof 3