Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Need help naming/cutie mark. Updated: Got a back story now!

Flash Fire

I drew my fiancee an OC, but he's having a hard time coming up with a cutie mark, name and background. He wants your suggestions! Here is the picture I drew,

img-2448369-1-a31jzn.jpg

Update: We got a backstory for hum now. He does this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_bombing Now we just need to get a name and cutie mark down pat and we are done!

Edited by Flash Fire

What kind of personalities, interests, and talents does your fiancee have?

He is a heavy fighter in the sca (authorized sword and shield, two weapon, spear, pole arm, and great weapon), a swiss CNC technician, likes nature, horror flicks, medieval times, and crows are his favorite animal.......to name a few things.

all right what about what about raven knight? the cm could be an armor wearing crow with a sword and shield done in the same style as older military tatoos or propoganda, and the backstory could be he was once a guard for luna but after an attack in the wilds of equestria was promoted to a special defensive unit overseeing possible threats to equestria?

all right what about what about raven knight? the cm could be an armor wearing crow with a sword and shield done in the same style as older military tatoos or propoganda, and the backstory could be he was once a guard for luna but after an attack in the wilds of equestria was promoted to a special defensive unit overseeing possible threats to equestria?

Hmmm......Idk if I could draw that. Seems complicated for a cm and the best I've done drawing clothing thus far is a cloak....

Hmmm......Idk if I could draw that. Seems complicated for a cm and the best I've done drawing clothing thus far is a cloak....

all right how about a muscled crow holding a sword and shield?

He looks like a .. plant pony! Maybe he should be some kind of pegasus gardener, which is unusual since pegasi don't grow crops as I understand it. Maybe he's a .. crop duster?

Crop duster pony!

And his name could just be Crop Duster!

Aw man I rule at this, even if you don't use the suggestion. I might even use it if you don't.

Edited by Nine

He looks like a .. plant pony! Maybe he should be some kind of pegasus gardener, which is unusual since pegasi don't grow crops as I understand it. Maybe he's a .. crop duster?

Crop duster pony!

And his name could just be Crop Duster!

Aw man I rule at this, even if you don't use the suggestion. I might even use it if you don't.

I drew him before his colors were picked, lol.

See, I thought he looked like an evergreen, but my fiancee went with a scarecrow type route in the initial brainstorming before we decided to ask the herd. He doesn't want a scarecrow cutie mark though. Said it would look silly.

I drew him before his colors were picked, lol.

See, I thought he looked like an evergreen, but my fiancee went with a scarecrow type route in the initial brainstorming before we decided to ask the herd. He doesn't want a scarecrow cutie mark though. Said it would look silly.

Yeah it'd be kind of silly. Besides what sort of job is that?

There are still parts of Equestria that are a little rougher around the edges that are colonized by ponies nonetheless. If he likes crows and medieval things, why not have him be like a falconer/bird trainer type of thing .. like a grittier Fluttershy maybe?

Crop duster pony!   And his name could just be Crop Duster!  

Yeah... that's originial.  >_> 

Back to the OP.
Hmm... Perhaps the name could be Raven Crest, if you mean he likes the Raven in the name, if not, then I can't think of one at the moment.
For the CM, perhaps it could be an iron chestplate, or a chestplate with a few holes in it signifying ravens pecking through it. Or if not, then it could be a murder of ravens (more than two)? If not then I have a couple other ideas.

Yeah it'd be kind of silly. Besides what sort of job is that?

There are still parts of Equestria that are a little rougher around the edges that are colonized by ponies nonetheless. If he likes crows and medieval things, why not have him be like a falconer/bird trainer type of thing .. like a grittier Fluttershy maybe?

Read off you initial idea to him and it sparked another idea. You know how they are planting forests by dropping trees out of planes? He could be an Equestria version of that, name could be Forester or something. Thoughts? No ideas on cutie mark yet.

name could be Forester or something. Thoughts?

I just thought of the name Aerial Forest. You usually only hear Aerial (spelled Arial) as a girls/mares name but it would work. 

Read off you initial idea to him and it sparked another idea. You know how they are planting forests by dropping trees out of planes? He could be an Equestria version of that, name could be Forester or something. Thoughts? No ideas on cutie mark yet.

I think that name is great. If you wanted to expand his role to be like a warden of the woods too, it'd work even better.

For a cutie mark, three saplings?

I just thought of the name Aerial Forest. You usually only hear Aerial (spelled Arial) as a girls/mares name but it would work.

Since the process is called aerial reforestation, I think that may be a bit too specific. Got a more abstract name?

Since the process is called aerial reforestation, I think that may be a bit too specific. Got a more abstract name?

Hmm... Perhaps Forest Sapling, or something along those lines? I'm not very good with forest-related names...

Anyone else have any ideas? He likes the thought of the crow involved, just not to the extent Cimmarronboy suggested.

A potted plant or a tree for a cutie mark. Name: Aerial Vine. Background: I dunno you pick for him.