Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hfhdj6wp8

very good!! the bodies arnt too thick, nor too thin, the shading you did was very good..the style is familiar but playful. Do you have a deviantart account or an art site id love to watch you 

very good!! the bodies arnt too thick, nor too thin, the shading you did was very good..the style is familiar but playful. Do you have a deviantart account or an art site id love to watch you 

I don't have any of my art online really and I rarely show anyone my stuff, but I've really been considering making a deviant art account, since MLP has really gotten me back into drawing. I just started working on scanning some drawings and I might be able to make a deviant art account by the end of the week, but it'll be a bunch of stuff similar to the last picture I posted, so no ponies yet aside from what I post here. I'll post a link in the thread after I make the account. Thanks for the interest!

Do you have a Deviant Art page (or something similar) where we can see all of your art?

I'm almost done scanning some of my drawings for a deviant art account. I'll put up a link for the account when I'm done making it.

Your...NEW!! I've been doing ponies for more than a year and I'm not near THAT good.

Yeah ponies are harder to draw than I thought they would be. It definitely takes a while to get good at, just gotta keep practicing! Thanks for the support everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Well, you obviously got some art chops, so there isn't really much for me to criticize...

-keep an eye on the noses, they have a tendency to droop down unless one pays attention

-to avoid the ponies looking bald. I found it helps to give the upper part of Rarity/Pinkie/Fluttershy's mane a triangular footprint on the forehead

-The perspective on Dash's right wing is a bit wonky

Can't wait for more :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Your shading is excellent. Great form and style.

If I was to give you any advice?

Sketch out skeletons with a 3h or 2h pencil. It's virtually invisible and rubs out very easily.

Edited by facemelt91
  • Brohoof 2

Hey everyone! I just recently got into mlp! I never thought I'd become a fan but the show is just too great and I just can't resist trying to draw ponies anymore. I started practicing and making sketches a few weeks ago, mostly based off of the shows concept art, and I just recently started working on pony anatomy and stuff so hopefully I'll be able draw ponies in a whole bunch of poses and angles eventually. I have a bunch of sketches and stuff and was wondering if you guys could take a look at a few of them? Any feedback is appreciated, since I'm new to ponies and I'm probably messing stuff up without realizing it...

-Sketches from Concept Art-

The first pony sketches I did were mostly based of off of the shows concept art by Lauren Faust. These were fun to draw.

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.45.37.png attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.46.02.png

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.44.52.png

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.45.20.png

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.44.14.png

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 19.55.20.png attachicon.gif2014-03-31 19.54.19.png

-Stuff I'm starting to do on my own-

I'm starting to work on drawing my own poses and stuff but it's not as easy as I thought it would be...

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.43.48.png attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.40.35.png

This is a horse from a part of non-mlp drawing I've been working on, and I think its hair kinda looks like pinkie pie's... I started working on this before I got into mlp so I just thought it was a weird coincidence that they look kinda similar. The horse is falling from the sky so its hair is all poofy and messed up. Maybe I'll put the entire drawing up when I finish it if anyone cares but its nowhere near done.

attachicon.gif2014-03-31 18.46.32.png

Anyway that's a sample of some of my first mlp sketches. What do you guys think?

Honestly, I think these are really amazing.

The understanding of anatomy is definitely present and just awesome.

My only complaint would be that it resembles too much of the show style and I am a huge fan of more stylized ponies because it shows the artist's personality in their work.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do ^^;

Just my two cents.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for the critique and compliments everyone. It's really encouraging, especially when I'm finishing up my first real mlp drawing and starting up a DeviantArt account for the first time. I should have the drawing and my account up in a day or two!

• Brohoof 2

Wow, all these look really good! One piece of constructive criticism though, work on those eyes! Besides that, these look amazing! ^^

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...