Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra (Shadow Form) Vs Discord

WOBBUFFET

Discord is probably the stronger one out of the two, because of bending reality and using his chaotic powers. Shadow or not, Sombra has to have something up his sleeve.

(edited)

Also lets not forget Discord also has hypnosis and the ability to take magic away from ponies. R.I.P Sombra

Edited by Ritan Kurai

Sombra gets beat down...hard, with one click of his fingers Discord could seal Sombra inside a giant box, or could get sent into space or something.

(edited)

Sombra is absolute shit power wise. Remember what happened when he fought Celestia and Luna? Let's compare that to Discord fighting Celestia and Luna

Discord>>>>>Celestia=Luna>>Sombra>>>>Shadow Sombra

This isn't fair, it's a stomp

The only ones in Discord's range are Demon Shimmer and the Elements

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

While Discord may be a bit more powerful than Sombra, he doesn't seem as intelligent. We've barely seen Sombra (or Discord) actually fighting for real so we don't know what he could pull off in a serious situation. What we did see is him completely preventing Shining Armor from using magic, after effortlessly dodging his attack. Later he absorbed into the ground from where he was able to grow crystals and then materialize on top of one and before all this he was able to take over an entire empire while possibly working alone, and then make it disappear into thin air for a thousand years. He isn't as powerless as people make him seem.

I believe we don't know enough about Discord or Sombra to make a good analysis on how the fight would go, but I'm sure Sombra wouldn't fall to a simple snap of fingers.

• Brohoof 2

Sombra is absolute shit power wise. Remember what happened when he fought Celestia and Luna? Let's compare that to Discord fighting Celestia and Luna

Discord>>>>>Celestia=Luna>>Sombra>>>>Shadow Sombra

This isn't fair, it's a stomp

The only ones in Discord's range are Demon Shimmer and the Elements

Demon shimmer?

She's tree level

@,

Nope, what she corrupted required a separate shot to purify while Discord's influence was gone after being hit by the Elements. Sunset is also much more powerful than Celestia and Luna, considering that she casually crushed stone while Luna and Celestia struggle to do the same

@,

Nope, what she corrupted required a separate shot to purify while Discord's influence was gone after being hit by the Elements. Sunset is also much more powerful than Celestia and Luna, considering that she casually crushed stone while Luna and Celestia struggle to do the same

She's still nowhere near Discord's range.

He effortlessly throws houses around

Discord definitely. He was able to whoop everyone's butts, turn poniville into chaos land, and he never really seemed to be putting that much effort into it. Imagine what his power would be if he put ALL his energy into it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally, I think they're close enough in threat levels to at least threaten each other, or have tricks up their sleeves.

However.

I personally believe Discord is of a much higher power level. The thing is he with ease rivals the power of any alicorn, and seems to expend no effort in doing so. Mass levitation, defiance of the laws of physics, raising the sun and moon, warping genetics/anatomy... his power seems to bring him above almost any other living creature, pretty much making it almost God-tier in potential.

However, his weakness that he doesn't seem to necessarily be evil.

After all, one of the effective compliments to power is the willingness to use it. If you have a knife and are willing to be cruel in its use, in some cases you can actually overpower someone with a gun--said gun person being not inclined to shoot without good reason to. From my understanding, Discord was not willing to use his powers to their most effective route; he was more in it for the amusement.

However, Sombra did. He was willing to enslave, imprison, and use whatever tricks would work. He was a notable foe not just for his power but for his execution.

Tl;dr... Discord seems more much more powerful, but Sombra seems more willing to use his power to the fullest extent.

I give Discord a higher strength rating.

Sombra an even, if not greater threat rating.

Edited by SFyr

(edited)

@,

It took longer for the Elements to defeat her but regardless, she still makes Sombra her bitch 

Longer to defeat her?

They didn't defeat Discord...They turned him into stone.

She is weaker.

Edited by King Sparkle

@,

It took longer for the Elements to defeat her but regardless, she still makes Sombra her bitch 

Shimmer needs Twilight's crown to do anything and she also had to get an army of teenagers while preparing to take over Equestria.

Discord was alone and he didn't need any magical items to rule Equestria and Sombra did the same but with the crystal empire.

She is weaker.

@@Lumen,

Crystal Empire is much smaller than Equestria.

And I meant Demon Shimmer and in any case, her teenage army could easily be turned into demons by her if she wanted some extra firepower 

@@Lumen,

Crystal Empire is much smaller than Equestria.

And I meant Demon Shimmer and in any case, her teenage army could easily be turned into demons by her if she wanted some extra firepower 

For her to rely on such a small army, the teenage demons would probably have to be pretty powerful. That or she was planning to make more in Equestria. So apart from creating a semi-poweful(?) army, we saw her crushing some concrete and mind controlling large amounts of people. That doesn't really give a good image of her full power.

There's a similar problem with a lot of other characters too so it's difficult to draw comparisons. What makes her demon form different from other powerful creatures however, is her obvious weakness, the crown, which makes for an easy target so she has that as a disadvantage against others.

To be fair we know too little of Sombra and his powers to make an accurate matchup. Discord has shown to be capable of bending/creating everything from nothing. Sombra? It's mostly a blank slate. So far he managed to cut a unicorn off from his magic by targeting the horn and create well thought out traps.

If i'd have to try with current knowledge, i know that so far, magic users have not done well (outside the Elements as a deus ex machina) against Discord, even though i love the concept of dark magic, i just have not seen the true extent of it. I doubt Sombra being in his shadow form will bring much change to that, as it only gives him the option of passing through solid objects.

@@Lumen,

I think the crown fused to her, otherwise Twilight could just have thrown a rock at it or something. I assume Shimmer could add to her army via mind control as she progresses and make them demons too. We know that she has enough power to kill to create craters, judging by her Hadouken