Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"About Me" needs a dedicated "Cancel Changes" button

lomk

This is a topic that tries to kill two birds with one stone: 1. I'm reporting a bug (unless this particular thing was intended to work that way) and 2. I'm making a suggestion for a slight improvement. 

So yesterday, I was going to change something on my profile, and I accidentally hit the "Edit my About Me Page." This isn't what I intended to edit so I hit the X in the top right corner. I made my other change and saved it. A few moments later, I went back to my profile and noticed that the whole "About Me" section had been wiped clean. 

Now I'm not sure whether or not this is an issue that has been brought to your attention before, but I've tried throwing in some random things in "About Me," saving, going back to my profile to see the edits were done, and going back, pulling up the "Edit my About Me," hitting the X, and going back to my profile. 100% of the time, the "About Me" section was gone entirely. 

I feel the interface can be clarified a bit better. Is there some way y'all can change the layout of the buttons on that page? For instance, instead of having only one button at the bottom, why not add a big "Cancel Changes" button that just simply cancels changes? Or make the X not delete your "About Me" section? I had a lot of stuff in there and I liked it the way it was. Now it's all gone and I have to start from scratch. I mean, there are worse things out there in the world so it's not really a huge deal to me.

Or is it just me? Am I the only one with this problem? 

Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 3

Exact same thing happened to me. I agree that they should fix that

Welp, it's good to know I'm not the only one now lol

• Brohoof 1