New York City vs. Los Angeles

LA. vs. NYC  

17 users have voted

1. 1. Statue of Liberty vs. Hollywood Sign

• Statue of Liberty
    • Hollywood Sign
  2. 2. Empire State Building vs. US Bank Building

• Empire State Building
    • US Bank Building (tallest building in the LA group of skyscrapers)
  3. 3. Dodgers vs. Yankees

• LA Dodgers
    • NY Yankees
  4. 4. Central Park vs. LA's Beaches

• Central Park
    • LA's Beaches
  5. 5. Best Borough/Areas

• Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Islandd
    • Hollywood, Bel-Air, Beverly Hills, Century City, Inglewood
  6. 6. Snow vs. Sun

• NYC's Winters
    • LA's Summers
  7. 7. Best Music Scene

• LA
    • NYC
  8. 8. NYC Pizza/Hot Dogs vs. LA Pizza/Hot Dogs

• NYC Pizza & Hot Dogs
    • LA Pizza & Hot Dogs
  9. 9. Best Name

• Los Angeles (LA)
    • New York City (NYC)
  10. 10. Which would you live in, overall?

• NYC
    • LA

I live in LA, so I may be just a tad bit biased when I vote LA... Oh well.

Edited by Destiny

NY I am totally bias... I don't live in the city, but I live 6 hours drive as opposed to ... i don't know how many hours flight :P

Four. Plus a half hour or so layover around Texas. I know, I've made that flight like 7 times.

I've been to LA. Smog everywhere a cityline with smog and dirty to breathe in air. Crappy people just drive by a flaming car on the freeway. This was all on my summer vacation and good thing i'll never go back. I've always wanted to go to NYC since I assume it would be much better with much more to do.

Seeing as I live in a city outside of Los Angeles I can tell you it's not that impressive. Maybe it's just because I'm a native and the magic has worn off. I can, however, give you guys a tour of just about every museum in the LA area because I've pretty much hit them all up. (Also, I don't live in baseball areas, it's all football in the San Gabriel Valley. Trojans or Bruins, take your pick.)

I have to ask, why is Inglewood up there? Inglewood is scary. It's not Oakland scary, but it's still pretty sketchy.

I visited NYC in the dead of summer which was kind of a mistake. I want to go back in the fall or winter.

Edited by Duster Dawnhorse

I'm a surburban New "Jerseyian" so what I can tell you is, NYC is better than LA.  I, for one, go to the city pretty much everyday and just the area itself is extraordinary (dammit, now im talking like Rarity, lol).  Not to mention, NYC is the "cultural capital of the world" which is why we tend to have more tourists than other cities in this country (which tbh, surprised me).  However, for those who are interested into visiting NYC, try:

• Going through Central Park (Autumn)
  • Rockefeller Center (Winter/Christmas time)
  • Museum of Natural History (Gonna throw in Metropolitan Museum of Art) - Summer time
  • Statue of Liberty (Summer time)
  • USS Intrepid (Wanna meet the Shuttle Atlantis, its docked topside) - Summer Time
  • Times Square (if you want souvenirs, thats the best place to go)

Im no tour guide, but thats pretty much the best areas to attend to if you wish to stay in the City.   If you are interested, feel free to ask me, :).

Honestly I can say that I am not a big fan of any MAJOR city, I prefer the nice slow country life and am in no hurry to travel to a big ole city. :blush:

Give me an ole gravel road any day of the week!

rainbow.jpg

Edited by 0blivion

I've been to LA. Smog everywhere a cityline with smog and dirty to breathe in air. Crappy people just drive by a flaming car on the freeway. This was all on my summer vacation and good thing i'll never go back. I've always wanted to go to NYC since I assume it would be much better with much more to do.

New York City is clean...........only problem is........*darkens room, and turns on flashlight pointing up to face* Traffic.....

• Brohoof 1

LA has it's absolutely horrific traffic. It can sometimes take you hours to go maybe 30 miles if your lucky. The beaches aren't the cleanest, although some are quite nice. The smog is so bad you can't even see downtown half the time. I'm sure NYC has all of that but LA seems like the worst option. The Hollywood sign isn't all that grand, except maybe when the hill its on catches fire. NYC is where I would live.

New York seems like it'd be kind of boring. Then again I've never been there so I can't really judge it.

I have been to Los Angeles before though, and I had a great time there. The beaches, Disneyland, ect.

I guess if I had to pick I'd go with Los Angeles.