Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for character ideas for my fanfiction

Lunar Eclipse

Try writing a character who has the complete opposite personality, desires, and qualities as you.

I've tried to do it before. It can produce... interesting results.

(edited)

I have to agree with IceBeerG. If you are not going to start with a character driven story (and it sounds like you are not) then it's hard to give any ideas with substance. Are to talking about a protagonist, a walk on, or are you thinking maybe a duoagonist that is featured along side other established characters?

A good rule of thumb is to create a character that allows for conflict. That means external and internal. The depth in which allow yourself you probe these conflicts depends on how it services the story.

Also, define motivations. What does the character want? Is there anything at stake if he or she fails?

Many beginners usually create an MC that is a basic avatar of the writer. Try not to do this. It's been said by greater authors that the writer needs to be in the background only.

Anyway, if you can be more specific about the type of story you want to tell (no plot details) I may be able to offer better advice that the generic concepts above.

Edited by Jeric