Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are 3DS's worth it?

RainboomCrash

I only play PC, however with the recent announcement of the Pokemon Hoenn remakes (I've been waiting for them for ages as Ruby is one of my favourite games of all time) I've recently been thinking about getting a 3DS. In short: are they worth it?

well, here are some good 3DS games, if that'll help you decide:

Pokemon X/Y(but of course)

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Bravely Default

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies

those are just ones off the top of my head, but all those games are quite good, and can last you quite awhile.

• Brohoof 2

Yes......but I recommend a 2DS, :D.  Also, by far the best game you could play on the 3DS/2DS is Pokemon or Donkey Kong Returns, :D.  If i heard correctly though, the new Super Smash Bros. is supposed to not only b released on the Wii U, but on the 3/2DS

Yes......but I recommend a 2DS, :D.  Also, by far the best game you could play on the 3DS/2DS is Pokemon or Donkey Kong Returns, :D.  If i heard correctly though, the new Super Smash Bros. is supposed to not only b released on the Wii U, but on the 3/2DS

You're absolutely right about the dual platform release of Smash; 3DS owners will even see their release well before Wii U owners (I'm both, so I'mma get both lol).

You're absolutely right about the dual platform release of Smash; 3DS owners will even see their release well before Wii U owners (I'm both, so I'mma get both lol).

Yeah.......I'm kind afraid though, b/c i hope they don't remove any characters.

Though I have neglected my 3DS somewhat as of late in favor of my Wii U, I'd say it's definitely worth it.  There are several upcoming and recently released titles that I don't currently own / can't afford xD that really belong in my collection.  I'll just list what full-version and physical games (have plenty VC and eshop-only as well) I currently own:

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Kart 7
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
Pilotwings Resort
Pokemon Y
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Bit.Trip Saga
Tetris: Axis

Yes, they are mostly Nintendo lol, but I believe the 3DS has ample 3rd party support as well.  I just...  Need...  More moneys xD.

• Brohoof 2

The 2DS looks kinda crappy though. I saw a review on it and it just looks inconvenient to hold. I'd rather just get a 2nd hand 3DS.

Yeah, I'd say the 3DS is totally worth it. The system has a ton of great games on it (Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Mario, ect.)

I bought mine a year ago, and I haven't regretted my purchase once. 

I'd trade my Xbox 360 console(but you can't have the games free) for a 3DS. I like the 3DS and its games. its worth it.

As everybody mostly states above it's great because there are many good games to go along with it. But that shouldn't be the only reason to want it. The 3d. Now the 3d is great. Don't use it if you wear glasses I should know, but the 3D is what really stands out. See, the game will go from flat to eye poppingly awesome! Now normally you'd think it depends on the game you get for the 3d to work. Nope. it seems to work fine on all games, at least for me. Now the only problem I have the fact that the games and doesn't matter which one you get, somehow try and remind you that you should take a break. Now the 3Ds will hurt (destroy- hehe kidding) your eyes if you play it too long. The games and every game I have so far has done this, it tells you you should take a break. Now I, when I first got this message it was in animal crossing and I thought it meant I actually had to go to sleep in my bed in the game because a villager told me this. Actually they were telling me to take a break from my game. After two attempts at "sleeping" I found out it doesn't do anything. Or does it???? Anyhow it's a great console and you should totally get it. After all you could end up like me. Mine has a backstory to it.

As everybody mostly states above it's great because there are many good games to go along with it. But that shouldn't be the only reason to want it. The 3d. Now the 3d is great. Don't use it if you wear glasses I should know, but the 3D is what really stands out. See, the game will go from flat to eye poppingly awesome! Now normally you'd think it depends on the game you get for the 3d to work. Nope. it seems to work fine on all games, at least for me. Now the only problem I have the fact that the games and doesn't matter which one you get, somehow try and remind you that you should take a break. Now the 3Ds will hurt (destroy- hehe kidding) your eyes if you play it too long. The games and every game I have so far has done this, it tells you you should take a break. Now I, when I first got this message it was in animal crossing and I thought it meant I actually had to go to sleep in my bed in the game because a villager told me this. Actually they were telling me to take a break from my game. After two attempts at "sleeping" I found out it doesn't do anything. Or does it???? Anyhow it's a great console and you should totally get it. After all you could end up like me. Mine has a backstory to it.

Tbh I hate 3D :P If there's an option to see a 3D film in 2D at the cinema I always watch it in 2D.

• Brohoof 2

The 3DS is probably the best handheld out there right now. If you want a handheld with a ton of great games, a lot of which have incredible replay value, you should go for it. :)

Tbh I hate 3D :P If there's an option to see a 3D film in 2D at the cinema I always watch it in 2D.

You can turn the 3d off on the 3ds. It's an optional kind of thing.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

A little overpriced in my opinion, but it has more than its fair share of good games. 

And, just for the record, I can't stand the 3d. It really bothers my eyes.

Edited by Mutemutt

A little overpriced in my opinion, but it has more than its fair share of good games. 

And, just for the record, I can't stand the 3d. It really bothers my eyes.

And that's what the optional part is for hmmm?

Hmm alright you guess have convinced me haha; I will make room in my budget for a 3DS and Pokemone/Mario haha.

YAY! FINALLY! Oh, if you get Pokémon X or Y sometime we will so have to battle! I will win with BLASTOISE! 

YAY! FINALLY! Oh, if you get Pokémon X or Y sometime we will so have to battle! I will win with BLASTOISE! 

Damn straight! I just have to get my uni exams out of the way first though :'(

Yes, except it's factored into the cost of the games and the system. It's a feature that I have very little interest in, and can't really use for longer than 5-10 mins (no exaggeration, here) but still had to pay for. So yeah...

I mean, it's cool if you like. I don't.

Damn straight! I just have to get my uni exams out of the way first though :'(

Ok... then after that...BLASTOISE AND I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN!

Yes, except it's factored into the cost of the games and the system. It's a feature that I have very little interest in, and can't really use for longer than 5-10 mins (no exaggeration, here) but still had to pay for. So yeah...

I mean, it's cool if you like. I don't.

No, meant the fact that you can turn off the 3d on the 3ds if you want. Unless you mean something I don't understand...

Philly please, we all know that Charizard is the best starter -.-

Ironically I raised a charmander first. Picked him first right out of the box because everybody said he was the best. I found out they were wrong and traded some Pokémon over to try squirtle and bulbasaur. Fell in love with squirtle and sort felt odd about the bulbasaur I never used.

No, meant the fact that you can turn off the 3d on the 3ds if you want. Unless you mean something I don't understand...

I was aware of that before I even purchased a 3ds. I was just mentioning that I didn't like the 3d aspect of it. That's not so wrong, is it? I'm wondering why you would bother mentioning that it's optional.

As everybody mostly states above it's great because there are many good games to go along with it. But that shouldn't be the only reason to want it.

I'm gonna disagree with that right there. The game library is the only reason one should ever consider a gaming console. Ever. The rest of the bullshit is secondary. The games are what matter. Without the games no one would even look at the console no matter how many features it had.