"Feeling Pinkie Keen" has been answered by "Twilight's Kingdom."

Singe

(edited)

Celestia said Pegasus and Earth Ponies have magic powers like Unicorns.

Which means Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense is magic and her ability to break the 4th wall.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think they have magic like unicorns.  She said the pegasi control weather, so I guess they just have weather magic.  And earth ponies have super strength for building and stuff, so I guess that's kind of magic.

Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense is magic and her ability to break the 4th wall.

I can believe that LOL!

What Celestia said was in connection with Tirek stealing each pony's respective strong suit; I believe he sucked the flight from the pegasi and the strength from the earth ponies to gain strength alone, not magic. Then again...it would be really hard to give magic to a pegasus to turn her into an alicorn if pegasi didn't already have at least a spark of magic within them. I dunno about earth ponies though...it would be interesting to see if an earth pony was ever turned into an alicorn!  :o

(edited)

Celestia said Pegasus and Earth Ponies have magic powers like Unicorns.

No, she didn't. She said they have strength. :wacko:

Pinkie's talent or sense or even ability to break the fourth wall having anything to do with her race would go against the whole dynamic of having two of each type of pony, one that's talent has to do with their species and one that's doesn't. Applejack is strong and great at growing food; Pinkie Pie goes against traditional Earth Pony tendencies and goes to her own calling of parties. Rainbow Dash loves flying and is the fastest pony in Equestria; Fluttershy couldn't fly to save her life and her interests are closer to a traditional Earth pony talent of watching animals. Twilight is the single greatest at magic that has ever lived; Rarity likes to focus on her passion of dresses which has very little to do with magic outside of an occasional spell to ease her tasks. This isn't a coincidence and was intended by Lauren Faust so not only doesn't your theory explain Pinkie sense, it shouldn't because it goes against the idea, in my opinion.

Pinkie Pie can just do anything because she's a perfect pony, able to break the fourth wall and command over their Flash animated world just because she's the single greatest pony ever, not because of any lame magic!!!! :lol:

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 2

Wait... does Discord's spazzing out when the sisters transfered magic work like Pinkie Sense??

...Pinkie has chaos magic, no wonder he likes her. XD

• Brohoof 1

I read a MLP fanfic that had Cheese Sandwich explain that the concept of joy itself is actually a type of magic. (because hey, if Friendship is magic, why can't happiness be magic too?)

Well of course, from the start it's been pointed out that earth ponies have a more magical connection to the earth than other ponies. Things like Pinkie Sense and whatever else she can do are probably more advanced forms of it, or at least an unusual sort of occurance. :)

(Plus there's Zap Apple trees, which only an earth pony was able to figure out how to grow properly, if that's not earth pony magic as well then I dunno what is) ;)

If Earth ponies were just normal ponies, Tirek wouldn't have had to steal their abilities from them. 

Earth Ponies are pretty unique. Pinkie's pinkie sense, and her 4th wall breaking alongside Maud's strength are awesome. 

Earth Ponies-Magic of strength and the Land.

Pegasi-Magic of flight, walking on clouds, and weather.

Unicorns-Straight up magic.

Alicorns-All 3 magics.

Sir Thomas Mallory Magic ... derived from the land ... feminization of magic ... Earth Ponies are Arthurian in concept?

:blink: