movies/tv Reaction to Happy Tree Friends

CosmicHooves

(edited)

post-25645-0-42036100-1401150360_thumb.jpg

Bronies.

Most of us love cute and cuddly things?

Am I right?

Well have you ever heard the YouTube show "Happy Tree Friends"?

I began watching it thinking "Oh how cute!"

But no.

It's not a cute and cuddly show.

Every single episode things start out cute then get violent, bloody, and gory really quick.

It's kind of like Cupcakes HD and Smile HD... on steroids.

Would I recommend watching it?

I would say no, but if you enjoyed Cupcakes HD and Smile HD go right ahead.

I'm not stopping you.

So fellow Bronies, what is your reaction to "Happy Tree Friends"?

(ps: if you have a serious problem with gore I would strongly caution you not to see it)

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I hate this. I wish it never existed. Why take cute and cuddly animals and put them in such disturbing and violent situations. Some people just need a brain reset...

• Brohoof 1

I hate this. I wish it never existed. Why take cute and cuddly animals and put them in such disturbing and violent situations. Some people just need a brain reset...

I can't stand it either.

It made me sad the first time I saw it.

I hate when cute things are ripped apart.

I can't stand it either.

It made me sad the first time I saw it.

I hate when cute things are ripped apart.

Same thing with me. Someone needs to report the creator on youtube. 

• Brohoof 1

I actually like it. I remember seeing one of the episodes on tv before. The one I saw on tv when I was younger was the episode with Lumpy (my favorite character) where a tree or something fell on one of his leg and he had to cut his leg off to get free. But he cuts the wrong leg off.

• Brohoof 2

post-23625-0-38292100-1401151965.jpg

This really was my reaction to it. I could tell from the get go that it was banking on the idea that cute cartoon animals getting torn apart in a gory fashion would get a reaction, and thus people watching. So I wasn't really shocked by it, but it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before either.

(edited)

I don't see the appeal.

First of all, getting heavily injured is not, and never will be, funny. It's one of the things that makes a lot of modern Spongebob episodes painful to watch. Everyone remembers The Splinter? Everyone remembers the old toenail scene from House Fancy? Imagine those and more in every episode of the series, and you have Happy Tree Friends.

Second, I don't like the animal abuse. I don't mean to be a hippie, but I've never supported it. Sometimes it's rather reasonable (See My Vest) but this just takes it too far.

Third, it's just the same jokes for the whole episode, as I said earlier. It gets old really fast.

There's tons of other reasons for why I think this shouldn't exist, but these are just three.

Good luck with that. Sadly, the idiotic creators of Youtube got the rights to make a "copyright help" video.

Edited by Peter Sam

I have to say, it's absolutely horrible in my opinion. It's just someone trying to rip things as cute as the ponies to pieces! For FUN! It's more disturbing than most creepypastas to be honest, especially the lemonade stand one... *shudders*

I don't see the appeal.

First of all, getting heavily injured is not, and never will be, funny. It's one of the things that makes a lot of modern Spongebob episodes painful to watch. Everyone remembers The Splinter? Everyone remembers the old toenail scene from House Fancy? Imagine those and more in every episode of the series, and you have Happy Tree Friends.

Second, I don't like the animal abuse. I don't mean to be a hippie, but I've never supported it. Sometimes it's rather reasonable (See My Vest) but this just takes it too far.

Third, it's just the same jokes for the whole episode, as I said earlier. It gets old really fast.

There's tons of other reasons for why I think this shouldn't exist, but these are just three.

Good luck with that. Sadly, the idiotic creators of Youtube got the rights to make a "copyright help" video.

Well...that's just great. Now we can't even take that horrid garbage off of the internet. I'm just worried little children may come across it. 

(edited)

Well...that's just great. Now we can't even take that horrid garbage off of the internet. I'm just worried little children may come across it. 

So am I.

I stated that for one of my reasons, but I decided to edit it out because "hurr durr wat litl kids goin' to wtch dis crap?"

Btw, this was the video I was talking about:

Edited by Peter Sam
  • Brohoof 1

So am I.

I stated that for one of my reasons, but I decided to edit it out because "hurr durr wat litl kids goin' to wtch dis crap?"

Ugh, people are just running out of ideas and just retort to the same thing. If I had the chance to rewrite Happy Tree Friends, I'd completely change it up, to funny, silly, slapstick comedy and cute stuff minus the gore and crazy stuff. 

• Brohoof 2

I thought it was absolutely disgustingly gory, horrid and made me wince.

I FUCKING ADORE IT! I think it's absolutely hilarious, and the way the gore is juxtaposed with the cuteness of the characters is just so well done and unexpected when you first see it. And it's certainly inventive.

I give it a big thumbs up :D

• Brohoof 2

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

I FUCKING ADORE IT! I think it's absolutely hilarious, and the way the gore is juxtaposed with the cuteness of the characters is just so well done and unexpected when you first see it. And it's certainly inventive.

You took the words right out of my mouth (Off of my keyboard?) At first I was "What the hell?" Then I started laughing!

• Brohoof 1

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

• 3 months later...

Lmao I remember when I first saw the first episode when I was a freshman back in High School in 07' XD. My friend showed it too me and I never looked at cartoons the same again. It is very disturbing though the one I remember vividly the most was when the moose character got his leg stuck under a tree and used a spoon to cut his leg off... and it showed every single detail o.O. 

Good god that show was so disturbing... 

Marblepiesig2.png.fb6ac098bee1c85c0acf52419aab2729.png

This show is just shock humor without any wit. The only jokes they tell are killing animals in the most bloody way possible. Neither of which come of as that funny. The joke is mostly, "ha ha the animal got killed" and that's that.

Honestly it depends. I didn't get into MLP for its cuteness as such.

As for Happy Tree Friends. It's all just jokes. If you don't like that kind of thing then simple. Don't watch it.

There's plenty if innocent looking adult cartoons. Happy Tree friends isn't the first.

post-26796-0-54896800-1416226304.png

Now with more added tea leaves!

My fantastic signature made by Gone Airbourne

Happy Tree Friends? Now that's I haven't seen in a looooong time.

From what I remember of it, our world's Itchy and Scratchy, and all the characters were apparently as delicate as butter.

XD Agreed, It's like watching Loony Toons with some realism thrown in! I love this sort of macabre dark humor!

Making a cartoon slaughterhouse isn't against the rules. If someone wants to make a video with dark humor they have every right to do so!

• Brohoof 1