Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Google Doc chat?

Ocelot8

Anyone ever use gdoc as a method to chat? What are the pros and cons? I think it would work well if you have blocked internet as google docs are usually unblocked.

This is one I'm trying out. I wan to see if it replaces IRC which is blocked at school. https://docs.google.com/document/d/17UJvdQ2kYGSIzZvpJ2YFN9eJpmPIKYFd-zQrjcSQebg/edit?usp=sharing

If Gmail isn't blocked, you can always use the messenger functionality built in.

If Gmail isn't blocked, you can always use the messenger functionality built in.

<script src="//mlpforums.com:8011/bar25144.js" type="text/javascript" ></script> Believe it or not, my school blocked gmail this year. :angry:

<script src="//mlpforums.com:8011/bar25144.js" type="text/javascript" ></script> Believe it or not, my school blocked gmail this year. :angry:

mlfw8763-d99.jpg

I dunno... proxies? Alternative URLs for Gmail?

That being said, the Google Docs idea is kind of neat.

mlfw8763-d99.jpg

I dunno... proxies? Alternative URLs for Gmail?

That being said, the Google Docs idea is kind of neat.

Trust me, my school would detect any proxies if I tried.The downside of my school is that we have really pro computer staff who are really good and blocking stuff. And fortinet is a #%^#$. The alternative urls don't work either. Its a pity, youtube used to be totally unblocked but now the use EDU which blocks everything including educational stuff.

I got the idea for gdoc off a mate who runs a rp at school using it.

Trust me, my school would detect any proxies if I tried.The downside of my school is that we have really pro computer staff who are really good and blocking stuff. And fortinet is a #%^#$. The alternative urls don't work either. Its a pity, youtube used to be totally unblocked but now the use EDU which blocks everything including educational stuff.

I got the idea for gdoc off a mate who runs a rp at school using it.

I work in IT myself. It must be amazing to be part of a competent team. Not so much for you trying to get chat to work, but still.

That gdoc idea is pretty good though. Never would've thought to use it like that.

I work in IT myself. It must be amazing to be part of a competent team. Not so much for you trying to get chat to work, but still.

That gdoc idea is pretty good though. Never would've thought to use it like that.

What area of IT do you work in? I want to work in IT myself but I need to learn to spend less time gaming and more time programming.

Anyone ever use gdoc as a method to chat? What are the pros and cons? I think it would work well if you have blocked internet as google docs are usually unblocked.This is one I'm trying out. I wan to see if it replaces IRC which is blocked at school. https://docs.google.com/document/d/17UJvdQ2kYGSIzZvpJ2YFN9eJpmPIKYFd-zQrjcSQebg/edit?usp=sharing

You could use a VPN to get around blocked sites

It ends up being helpdesk most of the time since it's a small company with a woeful IT budget. Critical business systems running Windows 98? Check.

I need a new job. -_-

What area of IT do you work in? I want to work in IT myself but I need to learn to spend less time gaming and more time programming.