Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Possible Advance Dungeons and Dragons Ponified version?

Syannax the Changeling

(edited)

Just as it says. Any pony interested in helping this come true. Please post. I am on almost all of the time, questions comments concerns, please post here or PM me directly. I will answer the best i can.

But first. FAQ

Q. What is Advance Dungeons and Dragons?

A. It is like Dungeons and Dragons except it is an older version. Rules are easier to understand. Classes will be modified to be ponified. Equipment will be ponified.

Q. What level do we start at?

A. That is to be deturimined. But i would like everypony to be around level 4 appon start.

Q how do we deturmine Hit Dice? (aka hit points)

A. I will put you max hit points of that curret level.

Q. Stats?

A. Don't worry. I won't use them except i will roll them and give you stats you will need later. (I'll roll once. No one is getting less than 12)

Now for the races:

Earth Pony

+1 Strength

+1 Consitution

-1 Charisma

Unicorn

+1 Wisdom

+1 Intelligence

-1 Strength

Pegasus

+1 Dexterity

+1 Consitution

-1 Strength

WARNNING: ANYTHING PAST THIS POINT IN RACES ARE SUBJECT TO BE REMOVED

Lesser Alicorn (basicly Mortal Alicorns)

+1 Intelligence

+1 Charisma

-1 Consitution

Alicorns of higher ratings are only the King and Queen of a Kingdom.

Lesser Alicorns, or mortal alicorns, are a cross breed between a pegasus and a unicorn. They are a Rare breed amongst the pony population. Basicly a 96% and up chance of it happening between the races. Otherwise it is cut and dry 48/48/4 chance

Curran

+1 Intelligence

+2 Consitution

-2 Charisma

Currans are an almost impossible race to occur. This is a cross breed between a Unicorn and a Dragon. Only a rolled 100% or an intrervernce of a God or Goddess is this race possible to play.

Baby Dragon

+1 Strength

+1 Dexterity

-1 Consitution

Baby Dragons are poasible to play. They are often refured to as a pet in some, ignored in others, and in a few, Equals to other ponies. However, Dragons that see these Baby Dragons around pony kind, will see this as a coruption of their kind and will attempt to erradicate that Baby Dragon and its fellow companions. Baby Dragons also try to be around the Unicorns of the party, for they are both magical in nature.

I will edit this when i am avaliable. Adding in details and all of that. And a good name for you all too. ;)

Edited by Snake
  • Brohoof 1

Based on 2nd ed? Is any material fair game to use? I have a ton of old dnd material.

At the moment sence i am not entirely familiar with oriental or other dragon magazines right now, we are sticking with the basic players hand book, the DM book, the monster manuals, and the unearthed arcana.

Also, i would like to have about 3 more party members before we offically start making characters for the campaign i have in mind.

• Brohoof 1

I know where you can get every Dungeon Magazine and Dragon Magazine up through 3rd ed as pdf. Can we use 1st ed or regular D&D material?

Thats a possibility, personally i find Advance Dungeons and Dragons easier to use and play around with, mainly because i have played it for a while. Haven't played basic or 3.0 or 3.5 (aka pathfinder) much to really see which is easier to play around with.

Also, i am open to any suggestion, class, race, point of origion, side quests, ect. Only thing that doesn't effect is the main quest line i have an idea of.

I think one could use this as a DnD ponifier: Courage is Magic.

Hmmm... Let me read on this some.

I think one could use this as a DnD ponifier: Courage is Magic.

It is quite interesting I must say, but I need to convert things (if you had read the comments on that page). The one thing is i don't have 4.0 Dungeons and Dragons books, they were removed from the store i go to. It will take me some time to convert most of the PDF file to 2.0. Then after that this would become a test run to see if it all works out well.