Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the other contender?

Old Fluttershy

Now if you remember one other person had run against Sunset Shimmer and had lost horribly. I think it could be the other Twilight as every one else in the movie has a Equestria double except for Twilight. Anypony else find that weird? Anyway, what are your thoughts on the subject.

• Brohoof 1

That's an interesting question. I'm honestly not sure. I'm doubtful it was Twilight, as if she has the same personality as the Twilight from Equestria, she probably wouldn't have much if any interest in something like this unless she had a good reason to. 

My guess was that it was some other student.

Well now who could have run against Shimmer?

Maybe Rarity? You'd think this is the kind of thing she'd be interested in.

Then again, if it had been one of the mane six or any other major character you'd think one of them would have said something about it at some point in the movie.

Maybe Rarity?

True, which is why I thought it was Twilight's alter ego in the first place. Applejack did say that there was a Twilight with a dog named Spike in that world but we never saw her.

• Brohoof 1

True, which is why I thought it was Twilight's alter ego in the first place. Applejack did say that there was a Twilight with a dog named Spike in that world but we never saw her.

That was just a quick way to reveal that there's a native counterpart of Twily ans Spikey Wikey. About the contender, it's implied to be Rarity, and knowing her......

it's probably a secret unnamed character whom we shall never know. or Discord. that would be awesome!

Honestly I hate it when they do that. However I could totally see Discord doing something like that. Here's hoping the will talk about it in EG2