Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Other games, movies or such that are chronologically confusing.

Antiyonder

Yeah, I'm basing the thread and such on James Rolfe's Chronologically Confused videos.  Just for thing anyone thinks might fall into that majorly or at all.

Just games for me and yeah much minor than other stuff:

1. Mega Man.  The classic series had 5 entries on the Game Boy which was given the title Mega Man World, Mega Man World 2 and such.

In the US first game while lengthy is still distinctly titled Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge.  Other games, meh.  Mega Man II, Mega Man III, Mega Man IV and Mega Man V.

Easier to distinguish from the NES titles through text as NES titles go by numbers and the GB games Roman numerals.  Bit more annoying when talking directly.

Especially when mentioning for example that Mega Man II has four Robot Masters from Mega Man 2 and four Robot Masters from Mega Man 3.

2. Dragon Quest up until it's 8th installment was called Dragon Warrior in the US due to a tabletop RPG (I think) having the name.

Plus the new installments for the Super Famicom (Super Nintendo) didn't make it around.  So you missed Dragon Warrior V and VI, plus the title changes here after VII.

And allegedly, VI was planned for a SNES release under the name Dragon Warrior V.😏

Plus when it came to handheld releases, the first three came out when the Dragon Warrior name was still used, then Dragon Quest for the 4th-6th re-release on the DS.  Nice.😋

Fixed now as the mobile releases all use Dragon Quest as the title, but VII is absent on it stateside and X still never got released.

So let the headaches commence.😁

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently playing the game Clock Tower (1996), AKA Clock Tower 2 XP

I liked it's predecessor Clock Tower (1995), if I like Clock Tower 2 (1996) enough I might also play Clock Tower II (1998)

• Brohoof 2

Metal Gear(MSX)>Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake>Metal Gear Solid

In the west though:Metal Gear(NES)>Snake’s Revenge(which was a different game entirely)>Metal Gear Solid

Snake’s Revenge was notorious for Kojima not being involved and just generally not very fun. Also embodies a lot of narrative tropes they tried to avoid in the MSX games. Ever since the Subsistance release we’ve had access to all the proper entries but beforehand it used to be ver confusing, with MGS offering a synopsis to Solid Snake rather than Snake’s Revenge

• Brohoof 2