Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Journey to the Higher Plane (Adventure RP inspired by elements from The Hobbit)

Jack Baker

Could Amber join? She's very interested in this sort of thing--and I'm very interested in the Hobbit. :)

(I laughed a bit a that part about violence, since there's an above-average amount of dismemberment and decapitation in those movies. :P Not that I plan on being violent or anything. Just thought I'd mention it.)

@,

Well you just posted after me I didn't want to post again, figured to wait for others to post before I went on. I'm still waiting on that too, I don't want this RP to die either so ya come on guys post already.

@@AmberDust,

I'm basically second admin to this RP with DJ Rabi being in charge of it all so its really his choice. However I'd like to point out we're already pretty deep into this RP as it is to add another person into it. There'd had be a way to get you in without it looking random, can't just suddenly show up like you were part of the group the whole time right? lol.

@,

Well you just posted after me I didn't want to post again, figured to wait for others to post before I went on. I'm still waiting on that too, I don't want this RP to die either so ya come on guys post already.

@@AmberDust,

I'm basically second admin to this RP with DJ Rabi being in charge of it all so its really his choice. However I'd like to point out we're already pretty deep into this RP as it is to add another person into it. There'd had be a way to get you in without it looking random, can't just suddenly show up like you were part of the group the whole time right? lol.

Oh-sorry! I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to join now. ^^'

Thanks anyway.

@@strideralchemy,

I quote:

The only way I can think of to allow new members would be if they were already prisoners of the hippogryths and got rescued along with Clover, Hurricane and Lightning.

• 3 weeks later...

The hippogryths are immune to magic, right? So they ought also to be immune to the Keeper of Souls. Cuz after all, the group needs to have ONE advantage.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

While travelling, our heroes read of a mythological terror and originally scoff at such a creature, unfortunately for them, it is all too real. The reaper has sensed within the party two of his most favorite meals, children. Drawn to their essence he stalks and attacks the company. Everlast, not realizing the power the being wielded, attempted to scry it, but was trapped within his nightmares. The mares ,left to their own defenses, fight it physically, to no avail. Attempting a new tactic, they huddle behind shields of happy thoughts and love, one of the weaknesses spoken of in the myth. 

Whether this too shall prove to be accurate, has yet to be seen...

It ought to be, cuz otherwise, it's too op. After all, in the Harry Potter books, Voldemort tried to possess Harry in the fifth book but was unable to do so cuz of Harry's friendship and love. So therefore, our characters ought to be able to at least drive off the Keeper with love and friendship thoughts projecting. As for destroying, there ought to be a way to do so!

I'm not in any real position to do anything major with the story line. Being stuck in a scrying attempt, I suppose I could elaborate on the nightmare, giving all a glimpse into his past experiences.

I think it's cuz whatever we do, it doesn't have any effect. That's what I meant in my last post in the OOC; there has to be some method of defeating an enemy, otherwise, it ends up feeling as tho there's no point in posting. However, if the love and friendship blasts drive off the Keeper, that gives the group hope to continue.

Note: I said "drive off", not "destroy". While there has to be a means of destroying the Keeper, a way of driving him off will suffice for now.

@@Pripyat Pony,

I understand that, however we just NOW got this encounter with the Keeper and only one page of the encouter of him, I don't want it to end just like that *Snaps*, we're merely prolonging the action and encounter, otherwise this RP will get borning and it'll just be us walking and walking with scenery.

@@Lightning Bliss, That's why I said "drive off". Doesn't mean that the Keeper is gone for good, or even gone for more than a short while. Sort of like a temporary respite so that the group can take a little time to recuperate and try and work out how to get rid of him for good. In a way, being constantly attacked and having to drive off an enemy can be more stressful than one constant attack. It would prove exhausting, with the group constantly having to be on the alert, unable to rest for very long and stressing about how to defeat this particular enemy.

If there is then please consider this character. I can hop in at any stage, I know how to roleplay well. 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/darius-r7878

Please don't spam the same quote to me as you have done with other people asking to join. I would be very active and looking at developing my writing skills at the same time, I'm sure there is some way to fit it in at some point. 

Edited by Darius

@@Pripyat Pony,

Fair enough, that is a good point, but we'll have to wait and see what our 'leader' has to say about it since he made the Keeper.

@@Darius,

Well as I've said to others, being 2nd admin of this RP, it would be very difficult for you to just suddenly show up out of nowhere. However if you're that insistent, I would recommend PMing DJ Rabi Ray Rana, he is the host of our RP and be the one to give the offical ok. I'm just saying at this point I'm not sure if it would work out, that or you'd have it hard to work it out with us.

Though I'll be honest (some) of our players haven't been posting frequently due to RL issues I'm sure, and it would be nice to have an extra voice in the midst of all this. Unfortunatly I can't make it offical. You'll have to ask DJ.

I will message him about it, actually I think it will be easier than you think, perhaps when your RP has chilled down and you move towards a civilized area you meet me, or simply happen upon me on your travels? 

I will PM him.

• Brohoof 2