Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How large is your fan music collection?

Keen Blade

I've started making a playlist of the fan music I've listened to on Youtube. I'm currently over 120 entries, and I know there are many, many more on my hard drive I haven't listed there. So I probably have a few hundred at this point. FritzyBeat was saying on Twitter that he had over 2000.

So what about you? How large is your collection of brony music?

(edited)

Not especially large. Back when I was really paying attention to the scene I only downloaded the pieces I thought were fairly quality, and a lot of brony music is imo very decidedly amateur in nature thanks to mixdown issues (a lot of the vocalists also rub me the wrong way). So maybe 20-30 songs.

Edited by Puerto Princessa

(edited)

I have ~20 on my phone ... but maybe about a dozen more on my drive. The rough vocals on a few don't bother me as much (I'm a hard core Dylan and Beatled fan and they weren't known for clean pristine voices).

Anyway, I love the fan made music ... but I'm still selective on what I keep on my phone. I have way too much music that I keep rotating through.

Edited by Jeric

(edited)

Maybe 200-300 songs. There are thousands, but it's really hard to find the gems and when I do find those gems, I end up buying the song.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 1

I have 1155 songs or 3.2 days which comes out to 8.18GB of songs that I have downloaded onto my computer, all of which have been converted to AAC format to help reduce space. In addition to those, there are countless others that I've listened to and haven't downloaded. Most of these songs are pony related but a few of them are not, however, all of them are by brony musicians. The reason I have so much music is because there was a time when I listened to brony music almost exclusively and I liked being able to put it on my iPod and listen anywhere I want. That isn't really the case anymore though. I still like brony music, but I've gotten a little tired of it, (shocking, I know) so my collection isn't growing like it used to.

(edited)

I've got a couple gigs worth at least. I've got a soft spot for original brony music.So any that I find, I tend to put on my iTunes. Since a lot of it is free. It's just a different change of pace from regular music. Most of the original brony music I listen to tends to be metal/ rock (vocals or not). My fave signers being Eile Monty, Don DeVore, Forest Rain, and a couple others names I can't place at the moment. Any chance I get to add brony music I like to my collection, I add it. I even put it on my iPod for bike rides.Some of it has a really good beat to ride a bike to. Gives me a boost of adrenaline. :squee:

Edited by :Flutterdash:

(edited)

I don't know...A LOT 0-0 anyway that done to be honest I do not know...

actually I do not have any XD 

however I am planning to get some...

Edited by Everleaf

Mine is really small (not in that way, I know what you were thinking). I have Archie's pony album and Knife Pony's Stay.

I highly recommend you get his discography as well. It's fantastic and I actually listen to it much more.

Like 15 (a bit over 20 if you count instrumentals and non pony related music by artists in the fandom). Most of them are WoodenToaster's songs, but I also have a few Tombstone tracks, and a couple by ElectroKaplosion.

Like 15 (a bit over 20 if you count instrumentals and non-pony related music made by artists in the fandom). Most of them are WoodenToaster tracks, but I also have a few Tombstone songs, and a couple by ElectroKaplosion.

I highly recommend you get his discography as well. It's fantastic and I actually listen to it much more.

Yes I already have it, I just don't classify it as pony music. The only thing that relates to ponies are the song names 20% Cooler and Spitfire.