Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we ever see a Pony willfully kill in FiM?

Rarity Paige Belle

Chrysalis and Tirek were both very dangerous and they merely got banished and imprisoned respectively. This just isn't a thing that really needs to come up. I know people want FiM to be more mature than it is at times but this sort of thing isn't really a necessity to make the show better. In fact, some would say it cheapens the feel of the series.

Sombra was killed, even if people want to debate that.

There has been an awful lot of topics about killing characters on the show lately... latest trend? Trenderhoof, did you call this one?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing a villain put to rest on screen on FiM, but I imagine it would be handled like the wizard was in that comic. Perhaps a villain is defeated by having a rock slide fall on them or something, that would technically be killing him or her without directly showing it.

A Disney villain death, if you will.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

G1 was back in the day when parents didn't freak out about that stuff as much so that is why we are very unlikely to see that in G4 and if you did they probably won't show the gory details (not that they did in G1 either).

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

G1 was back in the day when parents didn't freak out about that stuff as much so that is why we are very unlikely to see that in G4 and if you did they probably won't show the gory details (not that they did in G1 either).

Really? If anything I'd have thought that parents were more worried about violence on TV than now!

Current rating for FiM- TV-Y

Yea, I don't think we'll be seeing Twilight sparta'ing any old men down holes. Plus if they did try to sneak it in, thanks to us it would be exploded beyond any reasonable proportions and reported about all over the internet. We might see a few more Sombra's were they power ranger blast them into nothing, but I don't think we'll ever see a direct death in the show.

Well back in G1 most parents weren't too edgy on what their kids watched. Like many of us know, a while back they had to change Derpy's name to Ditzy Doo AND change her voice because of multiple reasons. how can they accept murder? 

Doubt it, parents just don't seem to be okay with that anymore. Honestly I'm surprised they got away with season 4 finale's fight scene.

• Brohoof 1

In this G1 comic Applejack deliberately pushes a wizard down a bottomless hole after enslaving ponies to work in his mine. If G1 could get away with it, why not FiM?attachicon.giftumblr_m767ec2AwH1rz9gauo6_1280.jpg

Although, if you read the description, it doesn't say that Applejack pushed him into the crack. She broke the throne and the crack then appeared, and he fell into it. So she didn't actually willfully kill him, he just got a karmic death.

Still, even then the original question can stand on it own, so my answer: I don't think the ponies will ever outright choose to knowingly kill a villain. Sombra was destroyed by the light of the crystal heart, and Spike didn't intend the stone to choke the Timberwolf, he was just trying to drive it away. (And I'm pretty sure the timber wolves that formed up the big one could repair themselves like they did the first time, so technically, they weren't killed either.)