Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SCS

Events & Contests  

55 users have voted

1. 1. What events/contests would you like to see the most?

• Game nights
    • Art contests
    • Writing contests
    • Various forum events (i.e., change your avatar/username to X days)
    • Other (please explain in a reply, I'll add it to this poll)
    • Site banner contests
    • Music contests
    • Holiday-themed events and/or contests

OH!  I forgot to mention the funnest of the weekly events we did... we had Member of the Week.  Each week we'd choose some member on the forum who agreed to participate, and the forum would barrage them with questions all week long. It was a super neat way to get to know people who hadn't been on the forum as long and it helped people who might never have really talked to find some common interests.  

Of course a few adjustments would have to be made here because of the size of this forum... like we used to amuse ourselves by tossing out giant hundred question quizzes at the person, but with the number of members here, people would probably have to be limited to asking only a couple questions at a time so it doesn't get too overwhelming for the member.  

Plus every five or so weeks we'd have a staff member answer questions, which was a lot of fun for the staff because we could be a little bit more relaxed and people actually started to believe we were human beings for a few minutes :P

• Brohoof 2

@,

For the first one, members are generic civilians, trust me it'll be the bomb.

Also, we should do Pokemon day. Admins are Champions, Mods are Elite Four, Subscribers are Gym Leaders, and Members are everything else.

• Brohoof 2

@,

For the first one, members are generic civilians, trust me it'll be the bomb.

Also, we should do Pokemon day. Admins are Champions, Mods are Elite Four, Subscribers are Gym Leaders, and Members are everything else.

Hmm. What about- Admins are Champions, Mods are Elite Four, Donors are Gym Leaders, Subscribers are Gym Trainers, and Members are Trainers?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. What about- Admins are Champions, Mods are Elite Four, Donors are Gym Leaders, Subscribers are Gym Trainers, and Members are Trainers?

Donors and Suscribers are exactly the same.It'a just a different name.

Suscribers and Donors are Gym Leaders(The first(insert number here)) and the rest are Gym Trainers

• Brohoof 1

Here, I fixed it up for everyone:

Admins: Champions (CD CAN BE DIANTHA BECAUSE DISCORD AND DIANTHA BOTH STAR WITH DI)

Mods: Elite Four

Staff: (You know like poniverse public relations, poniverse staff, etc) Frontier Brains

Subscribers: Evil Team Leader or Gym Leader

Donors: Evil Team Admin / Gym Trainer

Normal Member: Trainer / Evil Team Grunt

My plan cannot fail.

• Brohoof 3

Forum events? Oh boy do I have some ideas for you.

1. Nope Day (A day where you say nope a lot)
  2. Dope Day (A day where you must be an idiot)
  3. National Hat Day (A day where you must give your avatar a hat)
  4. Squirrel Appreciation Day (A day where you must appreciate squirrels and have a squirrel avatar)
  5. International Moment of Laughter Day (You must add "HAHAHAHA" or a form of that to your signature)
  6. Magical Girl Day (MAGICAL GIRL AVATARS)
  7. Blah Blah Blah Day (Mods change everyone's usertitle to Blah Blah Blah)
  8. National High Five Day (You must post on someone's wall and try to make friends with them.)
  9. Hug a Mod Day (What it says)
  10. World Penguin Day (PENGUIN AVATARS)
  11. National Pretzel Day (PRETZEL AVATARS)
  12. May Day (Star Trek avatars)
  13. Lost Sock Memorial Day (Sock avatars)
  14. Love a Tree Day (Tree avatars)
  15. Be a Mod Day (Change everyone's badge to a mod badge, and change their usertitle to mod, but don't give them mod powers. Best if this happens randomly with no warning.)
  16. Learn about SCS Day (SCS tells all.)
  17. Repeat Day (Mods make it so you double post the entire day.)
  18. Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day (CREATE A CREATIVE ICE CREAM FLAVOR)
  19. Compliment Your Mirror Day (The prettiest thing I have ever seen.)
  20. Give Feld0 all of Your Money Day (What it says)

Well, mods, you better use all of my ideas or else I will find you.

AHHAHHAH THOSE ARE BRILLIANT!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like a lot of what Simon suggested, especially this one:

We had a lot of active collectors, so one time we did a collectors contest. We had different categories like plushies, figures, and then an overall collection category and people were allowed to enter one item from their collection into each of the categories, and then people voted on their favorite item in each category.

As a bit of a collector myself, I gotta say, there's nothing quite as gratifying as flashing off what I invest my hard earned money into - having my collection compete with some of the other big collectors on MLPF would be a fun experience for all (Although, I'd keep my fingers crossed that Apple Bloom doesn't enter the contest. Sheesh.)

Votes would be anonymous, and there could be a variety of categories, as mentioned - best overall collection, best pony plush collection, best themed collection (like, a Rarity collection), highest quality merch collection, etc. :D Contests are always a fun way to bring the community together, and I think that one is quirky yet fun enough to work :please:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

I like the idea of an art contest. We have many, many artists in the brony community, so putting one up for this forum would be great. Perhaps we could hold an art contest each month and certain months could have some theme to it, like December and Christmas. :D

• Brohoof 1

I've had to hide a large number of posts between two members, please keep this thread on topic.
This is not a Private Message. In the future, direct your conversation to a PM rather then posting it in a pinned Feedback topic.

• Brohoof 1