Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The origins of Nightmare Moon

Rarity Paige Belle

That's all it is, a fan fiction. Seriously though, I don't honestly think that Nightmare Moon could be G1 Twilight, the fan fiction could say so. I do question her real origin story, it could be expanded upon a little more.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Isn't the origin of Nightmare Moon the "Dark Forces"?

I would just like to know what these "Dark Forces" are.. >_>

Well this is how the origins of Nightmare Moon is described in the story I posted a link to:

Twilight sighed and said, “Very well. The stars are so bright on Hallowe’en night because on that night, years ago, I stepped outside to wish upon a star, but saw a sky black as pitch. Nothing shone except a full moon. Offended by the flat sky, I pointed my horn at Mister Moon and commanded him to make the stars shine. He agreed—at a price.”

“What price?” Molly asked. Her heart pounded against her ribs.

“My soul,” said Twilight simply.

Molly sucked in her breath.

Twilight tossed her head, laughed, and pranced around the room. “A people lives on the face of Mister Moon, a beautiful race of moon creatures, lovely to the eye and peaceable in all their ways. But they crawl on Mister Moon’s face, so he loves them not. For my audacious wish, I am doomed to turn to evil and spite: I shall become not merely transparent, but disembodied, and then I shall possess the moon creatures and turn them to smoky wraiths, monsters of nightmare. All the moon shall become the realm of nightmare.”

Molly shook her head. She felt numb again. “You can’t. You can’t do that. You wouldn’t do that—”

“I have no choice. Know too that, like Majesty and Mimic, I have the power of prophecy, and I have seen my future: the time will come when, brooding in the darkness, I shall look out over Ponyland and find a powerful pony who, nursing jealousy and resentment, is open to me. I shall possess her and seek to destroy all the land, but fail: I shall be sealed in the moon for a millennium, after which I shall be driven out. Though weakened, I shall seek to possess another, whom I shall find . . . and then I shall be destroyed forever.”

She turned her eyes to Ember, who stared at her with her mouth open in horror. “That, my darling,” said Twilight, “is when I shall join you in death.”

“You can’t!” Molly cried. “You can’t do all that! You wouldn’t!”

“My fate is sealed,” Twilight replied. “My destiny is set. And if ponies believe in anything, they believe above all else in fate and destiny. But know this: it is only because I shall soon give myself wholeheartedly to evil that your sister will one day be able to fight to save all Ponyland. I do not understand how this can be so, but it is so.”

Edited by Rarity Paige Belle

They already had a comic arc that shows were Nightmare moon got her improved ability's and why she fell from grace so easily. So it feels like a moot point, as the comics already had the "strange whooshy things" that were basically venom from spiderman but for magical ponies.

But it would be interesting to see a different interpretation.

The shows origin seems to be nothing more than Luna being jealous. And those emotions overwhelmed her, transforming her into NMM.

The comics say there were dark, evil, nightmare forces that possessed Luna. When NMM was defeated, the nightmare forces were weakened and retreated to the moon. Once they had enough power again, they decided to posses one of the mane 6 so they couldn't use the Elements again.

Two different canon universes IMO. Fan-fiction has no play if you want to talk true origins.

They already had a comic arc that shows were Nightmare moon got her improved ability's and why she fell from grace so easily. So it feels like a moot point, as the comics already had the "strange whooshy things" that were basically venom from spiderman but for magical ponies.

But it would be interesting to see a different interpretation.

I would just like to know the origin of these "strange wooshy things",is it a ancient evil spirit? A collection of evil spirits? The dark soul of a ancient fallen alicorn? Aliens!? Seriously,i hope they eventually give us some clarity on the 'Nightmare/Dark Forces'  :fiery:

I would just like to know the origin of these "strange wooshy things",is it a ancient evil spirit? A collection of evil spirits? The dark soul of a ancient fallen alicorn? Aliens!? Seriously,i hope they eventually give us some clarity on the 'Nightmare/Dark Forces'  :fiery:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Rarity_(story_arc)

Well start here, and then read the article on Larry and the other corrupted moon beasts.

(edited)

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Rarity_(story_arc)

Well start here, and then read the article on Larry and the other corrupted moon beasts.

Well that gave me something,now i want to know more about this Larry.  :lol:

Also looks like Luna made a deal with the wrong people.  :blink:

I hope this "Shadowfreight" and his nightmare forces show up in the actual show eventually.  :)

Also,thanks!

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

Well that gave me something,now i want to know more about this Larry.  :lol:

Also looks like Luna made a deal with the wrong people.  :blink:

I hope this "Shadowfreight" and his nightmare forces show up in the actual show eventually.  :)

Also,thanks!

Well

it does give atleast the full origin to the luna Nightmare Moon, as she was already doubting her self and her sister and the venom symbiot attached it's self to her, taking over her mind. It is also why they just blasted NMM and luna popped out. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Larry And here is the article for larry aka shawofreight. And I would love to see them on the show

Well

it does give atleast the full origin to the luna Nightmare Moon, as she was already doubting her self and her sister and the venom symbiot attached it's self to her, taking over her mind. It is also why they just blasted NMM and luna popped out. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Larry And here is the article for larry aka shawofreight. And I would love to see them on the show

Same,it would make for a good 2 part episode!

But i wonder who they would posses or influence this time...maybe..

131941441541.png

Fluttershy!?

Besides, G1 Twilight is Twilight Sparkle's mother. Proof right here.

img-2763101-1-twilight%20mom.jpg

G1 Twilight isn't ACTUALLY Twilight's mother, that picture was just a mere reference to G1 Twilight.

The shows origin seems to be nothing more than Luna being jealous. And those emotions overwhelmed her, transforming her into NMM.

The comics say there were dark, evil, nightmare forces that possessed Luna. When NMM was defeated, the nightmare forces were weakened and retreated to the moon. Once they had enough power again, they decided to posses one of the mane 6 so they couldn't use the Elements again.

Two different canon universes IMO. Fan-fiction has no play if you want to talk true origins.

Well it is actually suggested in the G1 comics that Twilight begins to lose control of her powers. And being as there will never be an explanation I think this idea is as good as any!

Does not seem possible sorry 

Twilight from G1 actually was regenerated to Twilight's mom 

Nightmare moon was (more likely) G1 Tirek 

Tirek: Eternal night

Nightmare moon: Eternal night  

however I do slightly see what you are saying...

Does not seem possible sorry 

Twilight from G1 actually was regenerated to Twilight's mom 

Nightmare moon was (more likely) G1 Tirek 

Tirek: Eternal night

Nightmare moon: Eternal night  

however I do slightly see what you are saying...

G1 Twilight and Twilight Sparkle's mum are NOT the same! Anyway, G1 Twilight already had a filly, she adopted one called Ember. Also, G1 Twilight was much more powerful than Twilight Sparkles Mom, maybe even more powerful than Twilight Sparkle herself!

G1 Twilight and Twilight Sparkle's mum are NOT the same! Anyway, G1 Twilight already had a filly, she adopted one called Ember. Also, G1 Twilight was much more powerful than Twilight Sparkles Mom, maybe even more powerful than Twilight Sparkle herself!

I don't know but I am mainly thinking this out by most of the fandoms thoughts and a bit of my own

Twilight Sparkle was based off of the G1 Twilight however and by color it seems though a few changes it (may) be Twilight's mom many by color Twilight's mom and G1 Twilight at LEAST look very similar

maybe she is not as powerful however judging by color Twilight's mom at least is BASED off of G1 Twilight 

also looking at escape from midnight castle it seemed very similar to the first episode (Friendship is magic) which Escape from midnight castle was also as far as I know was also a first episode yet both villains planning eternal night

trying to put little facts aside this is pretty much what I think. 

G1 Twilight isn't ACTUALLY Twilight's mother, that picture was just a mere reference to G1 Twilight.

You're preaching to the choir here; I know that. I played with G1 ponies and had the films on video. But I prefer the fan theory that Twilight Velvet is G1 Twilight, thank you very much.

You're preaching to the choir here; I know that. I played with G1 ponies and had the films on video. But I prefer the fan theory that Twilight Velvet is G1 Twilight, thank you very much.

Yeah, that's just not possible though. Unless Twilight Sparkle has a long lost sister called Ember...

You really want to tie G1 to G4 badly don't you.

5265245.jpg

Yes, I'd love that! However much I'm a fan of FiM,

G1 just has something that FiM doesn't. Humans! I would LOVE Megan Williams to make an appearance in G4. I get why a lot of Bronies don't want her back, but I've got a feeling the writers would handle things very differently. I don't think Megan would be a savior to the ponies, but the other way round. The mane six would have to save Megan from herself.

Yes, I'd love that! However much I'm a fan of FiM,

G1 just has something that FiM doesn't. Humans! I would LOVE Megan Williams to make an appearance in G4. I get why a lot of Bronies don't want her back, but I've got a feeling the writers would handle things very differently. I don't think Megan would be a savior to the ponies, but the other way round. The mane six would have to save Megan from herself.

You might get megan..just not the megan you want....

post-27460-0-53111300-1403441323.jpg