Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The final boss

Grtxkkyz

After having watched the two parters of Twilight's Kingdom, it can easily be said that this new Tirek is the most powerful villain seen so far seeing how he pwned freakin' Discord and absorbed all his chaotic magic. So, it makes me wonder, how do you think the last antagonist of the series, in other words, the "final boss" will be like?

I've pondered on this question before, it's an almost obvious fact that the "final boss" will have to top every villain the show displays.

I feel this "final boss" will not only threaten Equestria, but maybe the entire planet. It has to be something big like that.

I feel this "final boss" will not only threaten Equestria, but maybe the entire planet. It has to be something big like that.

You mean, like, all of the different races banding together to vanquish the foe with the power of friendship, where before they only kept to themselves?! And then afterwards, we see Ponyville become the true bastion of camaraderie with all of the different races living together in harmony?!

I don't know why that's so exciting to me. It just sounds badass, though.

(edited)
Im calling a 'Evil/Corrupt Mane 6' from another dimension as a more probable 'final boss'.

I think that it would be too similar to the corrupted ponies in "Return of Harmony". And also, the concept of doppelgangers are not very original in fiction.

Edited by Silver Letter

I think that it would be too similar to the corrupted ponies in "Return of Harmony". And also, the concept of doppelgangers are not very original in fiction.

The concept of talking sentient animals aren't very original in fiction either,din't stop FIM from being a great show lol. Doesn't matter if it isn't 'original',what matters is its 'good'.

A dark mane 6 would be great,especially if they represent the Elements of Disharmony.

A dark mane 6 would be great,especially if they represent the Elements of Disharmony.

It's true that the show does not need to be 100% original but they already played the "corrupted mane six angle" before. I liked my idea where the Elements of Disharmony were represented by returning show villains.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's true that the show does not need to be 100% original but they already played the "corrupted mane six angle" before. I liked my idea where the Elements of Disharmony were represented by returning show villains.

The villains you mentioned are no where near worthy of the Elements of Disharmony. 

Also how would Trixie become bad again,she learned her lesson and from what i can tell from the show,looks up to Twilight,so how exactly are we going to re corrupt her again without making Trixie look like a weak minded character?

Also Sunset learned her lesson,re corrupting her would be cruel.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

The villains you mentioned are no where near worthy of the Elements of Disharmony. 

Also how would Trixie become bad again,she learned her lesson and from what i can tell from the show,looks up to Twilight,so how exactly are we going to re corrupt her again without making Trixie look like a weak minded character?

Also Sunset learned her lesson,re corrupting her would be cruel.

I brought up the old villain that can supposedly infiltrate dreams if I read it correctly (Grogar) because this villain would be able to target those that it sees fit to fulfill the roles of the evil elements. It would not require them to all be super powerful villains of the past but any villain character can fulfill it. In this idea, Grogar would infiltrate dreams in order to corrupt these characters from within, targeting those that are still evil or corrupted and those that were formally evil like Sunset Shimmer. Because the two characters might be reformed does not discount the fact that their memories of being evil are still intact and can be exploited. Because it is through dreams, they don't necessarily need to be corrupted again but the dark elements are imposed in their heads like a sickness taking advantage of memory.

I brought up the old villain that can supposedly infiltrate dreams if I read it correctly (Grogar) because this villain would be able to target those that it sees fit to fulfill the roles of the evil elements. It would not require them to all be super powerful villains of the past but any villain character can fulfill it. In this idea, Grogar would infiltrate dreams in order to corrupt these characters from within, targeting those that are still evil or corrupted and those that were formally evil like Sunset Shimmer. Because the two characters might be reformed does not discount the fact that their memories of being evil are still intact and can be exploited. Because it is through dreams, they don't necessarily need to be corrupted again but the dark elements are imposed in their heads like a sickness taking advantage of memory.

So its like i said. Re corrupting characters just because they were less than good before.

I rather not see Trixie or Sunset used as a scapegoat just because they were 'evil' before,it's not fair to Trixie nor Sunset and Grogar in your scenario might as well corrupt Luna while hes at it you know since she was 'formally evil' in the beginning of the series. Do you not think that would kill any characterization they have received? Or in Sunset's case,soon to be received character growth? 

It would be a 'back to square one' character death sentence to them in my opinion.  :(

I would love it if they went the Digimon route and basically threw in God. That would be astounding.

God just one day decides that the life on this planet is more negative than positive, and therefor must be eradicated. And then everyone in the whole world basically team up to take on the legions of heaven, and then beat up God with the power of friendship or something. It would be badass. Cause you could even have established bad guys like Tirek or Sombra working together with the good guys so they don't freaking die. The Planet vs. God. That would be the sickest final battle ever.

• Brohoof 2

I would love it if they went the Digimon route and basically threw in God. That would be astounding.

God just one day decides that the life on this planet is more negative than positive, and therefor must be eradicated. And then everyone in the whole world basically team up to take on the legions of heaven, and then beat up God with the power of friendship or something. It would be badass. Cause you could even have established bad guys like Tirek or Sombra working together with the good guys so they don't freaking die. The Planet vs. God. That would be the sickest final battle ever.

You know, I almost could support this only because I love Shin Megami Tensei and this reminds me of that so hard.

You know, I almost could support this only because I love Shin Megami Tensei and this reminds me of that so hard.

Which reminds me, I should watch that at some point.

Octavia_Clapping.gif

Excellent proposal sir.

Yeah, that's perfect. Would make a brilliant finale.

(edited)

A pony we all know, whose the power hasn't stopped increasing from the very first episode.

Yes, that's correct.

img-2768026-1-evil_twilight_in_the_celes

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

The last antagonist of the series will be a pony who takes down Equestria from the inside. Instead of attacking physically, they will attack mentally/psychologically and break down the sanity.

That's sounds pretty dark for MLP ........ but I like it :smiles wickedly:

It would be even more impacting if one of the mane6, or the princesses (I prefer Twily) was being possessed, causing a  depressing and hopeless situation, then..... you guessed it, the magic of friendship saves the day  :lol:

I know it'd be hard to pull this without scaring the everlasting s@#t outta little kiddies but, why not make the final enemy a Lovecraftian monster? Something similar to Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep or Giygas

I know it'd be hard to pull this without scaring the everlasting s@#t outta little kiddies but, why not make the final enemy a Lovecraftian monster? Something similar to Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep or Giygas

They could actually twist that into the Smooze, to be honest. If they brought it back, he doesn't necessarily have to be born from a volcano and crafted by Hydia and her daughters. He could come out of a rift between dimensions and try to devour the entire world in a giant sea of purple goop.

And if not the Smooze, I'm sure the MLP writers could cook up something crazy. Maybe a world eating space dragon with giant crab claws descends on Equestria and tries to eat the world?

Im calling a 'Evil/Corrupt Mane 6' from another dimension as a more probable 'final boss'.

img-2767362-1-my-little-pony-mane-6-evil

Thats just what I was thinking. Nice pic BTW.

God just one day decides that the life on this planet is more negative than positive, and therefor must be eradicated. And then everyone in the whole world basically team up to take on the legions of heaven, and then beat up God with the power of friendship or something. It would be badass. Cause you could even have established bad guys like Tirek or Sombra working together with the good guys so they don't freaking die. The Planet vs. God. That would be the sickest final battle ever

I doubt that a show watched by young children would involve fighting God. A- The idea of god wanting to kill everyone would be to scary for a lot of kids. B- Even HAVING a God would be too controversial, much less fighting one

Thats just what I was thinking. Nice pic BTW.

I doubt that a show watched by young children would involve fighting God. A- The idea of god wanting to kill everyone would be to scary for a lot of kids. B- Even HAVING a God would be too controversial, much less fighting one

*cough* digimon did it twice *cough*

technically he tricked discord if he could of react at the last second I'm pretty sure Discord could have beaten him a and Tirek is a G1 character if you never knew now I dont understand your question but I see everypony putting ponified final bosses I guess I will do the same

This is the Lich King put ponified

post-27623-0-78932800-1403926181.jpg

I dunno, I want a villains who makes the situation really hopeless and tragic, like making the CMC and Spike go to the dark side, or he conquers Equestria and the mane6 go in an all-out attack to reclaim it........ Anything who can make the show very dark would be an appropriate finale 

• 1 month later...

Their biggest confrontation to earn the magic of Friendship for once and for all should be their own evil selves.

Like an evil Mane 6. They wouldn't be the most powerful but indeed the most dangerous and personal of enemies, and it would end the series perfectly, with the Mane 6 defeating their ultimate threat.