Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The final boss

Grtxkkyz

After having watched the two parters of Twilight's Kingdom, it can easily be said that this new Tirek is the most powerful villain seen so far seeing how he pwned freakin' Discord and absorbed all his chaotic magic. So, it makes me wonder, how do you think the last antagonist of the series, in other words, the "final boss" will be like?

• Brohoof 1

The last antagonist of the series will be a pony who takes down Equestria from the inside. Instead of attacking physically, they will attack mentally/psychologically and break down the sanity.

• Brohoof 2

I think they should've saved Tirek for last, though! I mean, did you see that wicked battle?!
That looked suitable to be a final FINAL battle~ It only makes me wonder what the fight between Twilight and the final villain would be like.

I'm scared. ಥ_ಥ

I hate to be stereotypical, but if the final villain ain't the Smooze, I'll be honestly surprised.

I would love to see more G1 villains, even minor ones, in G4... then again, a bad-flank original villain wouldn't hurt either. I would love to see an Earth Pony villain who relies more on cunning than anything else as a final villain.

• Brohoof 1

Well, they could go a different number of ways. When the series eventually ends, they could have another uber-powerful villain ala Tirek, or they could with a less-powerful, but more dangerous villain depending on attributes like intelligence or psychic-prowess.

I'd just love what they could do with Grogar.

• Brohoof 2

Well, they could go a different number of ways. When the series eventually ends, they could have another uber-powerful villain ala Tirek, or they could with a less-powerful, but more dangerous villain depending on attributes like intelligence or psychic-prowess.

I'd just love what they could do with Grogar.

Tambelon appearing out of a dark fog and threatening Equestria would be beyond epic. I'd love to see Grogar and his trusty friend Bray have a jab at Equestria!

5ff9d352ba82a3c127d7d843c4cc7fba_1024.jp

• Brohoof 2

Tambelon appearing out of a dark fog and threatening Equestria would be beyond epic. I'd love to see Grogar and his trusty friend Bray have a jab at Equestria!

5ff9d352ba82a3c127d7d843c4cc7fba_1024.jp

For the supposed tone of G1, Grogar was a fairly dark villain. I'd love to see what the writers could pull off with him, Bray, and Tambelon.

Going by the episodes, it seems Grogar might have a similar ability to see into or interact with someone's dreams like Luna can. Could they pull that off, or would that be TOO dark?

Hehe, awesome.

• Brohoof 1

For the supposed tone of G1, Grogar was a fairly dark villain. I'd love to see what the writers could pull off with him, Bray, and Tambelon.

Going by the episodes, it seems Grogar might have a similar ability to see into or interact with someone's dreams like Luna can. Could they pull that off, or would that be TOO dark?

Hehe, awesome.

Exactly, Grogar was one of the darkest villains in G1 other than perhaps Tirek or Crunch the Rockdog.

If Grogar could interact with dreams, perhaps Luna would try to battle him in the realm of dreams but fail? We already know Celestia saw Tirek in her dreams though, so maybe they wouldn't go with that only because they don't want to pull the same thing twice.

Either way, I've become a huge G1 fanboy, so I'd love to see some more G1 villains in G4, especially if the final villain was someone as awesome as Grogar. I want to see him shoot magical cages around ponies and try to banish them to the realm of darkness.

• Brohoof 2

Exactly, Grogar was one of the darkest villains in G1 other than perhaps Tirek or Crunch the Rockdog.

If Grogar could interact with dreams, perhaps Luna would try to battle him in the realm of dreams but fail? We already know Celestia saw Tirek in her dreams though, so maybe they wouldn't go with that only because they don't want to pull the same thing twice.

Either way, I've become a huge G1 fanboy, so I'd love to see some more G1 villains in G4, especially if the final villain was someone as awesome as Grogar. I want to see him shoot magical cages around ponies and try to banish them to the realm of darkness.

Unfortunately my knowledge of G1 villains ends with Tirek & Grogar, but I'm curious enough to give the series a shot in the future.

Regarding Grogar, we was a legitimate threat to the denizens of Ponyland, and you could see that everyone's faces. To me, he could be like what happened had Sombra succeeded in retaking the Crystal Empire. He's not the most powerful villain, but his cunning and planning almost won him the race.

Regardless, whatever they do, I'm sure they'll pull him off. All of the major villains have been pretty good, IMO.

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately my knowledge of G1 villains ends with Tirek & Grogar, but I'm curious enough to give the series a shot in the future.

Regarding Grogar, we was a legitimate threat to the denizens of Ponyland, and you could see that everyone's faces. To me, he could be like what happened had Sombra succeeded in retaking the Crystal Empire. He's not the most powerful villain, but his cunning and planning almost won him the race.

Regardless, whatever they do, I'm sure they'll pull him off. All of the major villains have been pretty good, IMO.

It's cool, a lot of folks are most familiar with Tirek and Grogar anyway. And you totally should. I admit, the animation is really, and I mean really dicey in some episodes, but I love every single villain from G1 without exception. Especially those Raptorians, those are my favorite villains right now.

Exactly! Grogar never relied on straight power so much as fear and the control of an army. I'd love to see that kind of villain taking over Equestria and forcing the ponies to fight back from underground or something.

And I completely agree. I want another dark villain like Sombra, and Grogar would be a perfect fit. The writers have done great with villains so they have my faith.

• Brohoof 2

A Luna vs Grogar fight in the dream realm, Elm St. style... Bucking epic. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh !!!
  • Brohoof 2

A Luna vs Grogar fight in the dream realm, Elm St. style... Bucking epic. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh !!!

I know!

I could just imagine Grogar doing like Freddy in the first movie where he scratches the sides of the alley with his claws, except Grogar's scratching the alley with his horns.

It would be beyond awesome seeing the two of them tangle in a dream version of Canterlot or something. Perhaps Luna falls into a catatonic state after her defeat and they have to try and awake her so she can help in the fight against Grogar and his army. Talk about epic!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I know!

I could just imagine Grogar doing like Freddy in the first movie where he scratches the sides of the alley with his claws, except Grogar's scratching the alley with his horns.

It would be beyond awesome seeing the two of them tangle in a dream version of Canterlot or something. Perhaps Luna falls into a catatonic state after her defeat and they have to try and awake her so she can help in the fight against Grogar and his army. Talk about epic!

Oh wow! I know, reading that the scene was so clear in my head it looked like it belonged in "Return of Tambelon". They so NEED to bring Grogar back. Maybe even S5 premiere so we don't have to wait as long.

Edit: it would all fit so cleanly withn FIM lore too!

Edited by JLmle
  • Brohoof 1

We all know who the true final boss will be...

Sephiroth_Advent_Children_Complete.png 

Because reasons.

As much as people may dislike them as OC's; That boss ponified HAS to be an alicorn!

Oh wow! I know, reading that the scene was so clear in my head it looked like it belonged in "Return of Tambelon". They so NEED to bring Grogar back. Maybe even S5 premiere so we don't have to wait as long.

Edit: it would all fit so cleanly withn FIM lore too!

This HAS to happen! MAKE IT HAPPEN DHX!!!

• Brohoof 1

I can't say what sort of final obstacle will present a challenge for the ponies. It can be anything but I would have multiple ideas on what would make for a good final foe.

I think the absolutely final foe for Equestria should be something along the lines of an "elements of disharmony" or the antithesis of Rainbow Power. They would be like the mane six and their powers only they oppose everything that Equestria stands for. For this, they would bring back an assortment of evil/antagonistic characters such as Suri Polomare (The element of Greed), Lightning Dust (the Element of Arrogance), Gilda the Griffin (the Element of Regret), Diamond Tiara (Element of Cruelty), Sunset Shimmer (Element of Treason) and lastly, the Great and Powerful Trixie (Element of Black Magic). Reading the other comments about Grogar, it seems that this old character has the power to infiltrate dreams so perhaps it can show up and enter the minds of those chosen to host the new elements and its powers could be best done through mental corruption. The end result would be a group of six foes that threaten to use the dark elements to corrupt the entire world, under the rule of this Grogar character. Fighting against them would be indirect since they have no instant counter to the dark elements. I like the idea of the power of dreams though. If the dark elements are corruption in the mind then they can also be defeated there as well. Luna can play a part in such a story that would involve the dark elements trying to turn all ponies against harmony, the princesses, rainbow power and all that.

• Brohoof 2

@, I guess since Sephiroth is the final boss...

Perhaps Jenova should be the semi final boss.  :lol:

jenova_by_alnico_ism-d5oo9cp.png

Or Sepiroth could be the semi final and the far more evil Kefka the final?

Yes! Make it sew!

Kefka_23546.jpg

Equestria will have a serious problem on their hands  :lol:

Yes... Make it sew!

post-26689-0-02358400-1403499324.jpg

And on that note... I'm going to sleep. Will check this thread in the morning!

• Brohoof 1