Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Hazbin Hotel Official Fan Thread (also Helluva Boss)

JonasDarkmane

Characters that you are really liking so far~  

60 users have voted

1. 1. Hazbin Hotel Main cast and main supporting cast

• Angel Dust
    • Alastor
    • Sir Pentious
    • Charlie the Princess of Hell
    • Vaggie
    • Niffty
    • Huskar
    • Cherri Bomb
    • Katie Killjoy
  2. 2. Helluva Boss main cast and main supporting cast

• Moxxie
    • Blitzo
    • Millie
    • Loona
    • Stolas

#AngelDustBestCharacter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZh_EonjR4NYtVOUkVXQo

IMO though:

Angel is number 1 (and probably in my top 3 of all time when it comes to cartoon characters), Alastor is number 2, Egg Bois are number 3, Charlie is number 4, and fifth would probably be a tie between Pentious and Husk.

Edited by Spider Demon
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Spider Demon said:

#AngelDustBestCharacter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZh_EonjR4NYtVOUkVXQo

While I enjoy him, he is tied for third with Vaggie and Alastor. Though if he stays consistent, then he may remain third over Vaggie and Alastor. I mean he has a lot of humor going for him and did showed some kind of sorrow when he hurt Charlie.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't follow anything for this while it was in development, but I decided to give the pilot a watch tonight and loved it. :fluttershy: Discounting the overdone swearing, the animation was glorious, every character had an interesting charisma about them, and just about every joke was timed and paced brilliantly. It may partially be my bias as someone who's always loved raunchy stuff about hell, but this is one of the best animations I've seen in some time. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

@Spider Demon 

I do have to agree with him there. Despite of my favorite characters, Angel Dust stood out the most then all of them. At first I thought his voice sounded like Zim for a second there too! I’m not a fan of suggestive jokes as most are horrible but coming from Angel Dust, he actually nailed it. His suggestive jokes is used to insult  and that’s the different between his and other lame suggestive jokes I have heard.  my favorite part is when Alestor asked him what can he do and Angel dust’s answer was just unexpected and hilarious.  I literally almost spit out my water from trying to hold my laugh. And that face Alestor made makes it funnier. 

Him and his jokes in general is the only thing that make this show hilarious. I also appreciated his soft side too when he realized he have gone a bit to far. Angel dust would my second favorite aside with Sir pentious 

so I finally watched it and I've succumbed to changing my avatar to one of the characters

I wanna see more Nifty in ep 2

Alastor is my fave character

Edited by mini
  • Brohoof 1

HmMmM.... seems a tad try-hard and 2edgy5me. The animation is pretty underwhelming in parts too, but we know why that is so it's not a deal breaker. However, the art style is one of the better aspects, and the show has lots of energy, which makes it fun. I think it's good to have a character like angel dust, I can't think of another example of a show that's willing to have that kind of character as part of the main cast, so I appreciate that. I'd like to see where it goes from here.

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Olly said:

HmMmM.... seems a tad try-hard and 2edgy5me

That’s what I was thinking too, thought I was the only one.. well more so on the try-hard part.

I actually enjoyed the Pilot, but after seeing some of the previous Animations from that Channel, i expected the Cartoon to have a bit more animal Characters or at least Demon Creatures. But when the Animation decided to Focus on Characters that looked like Humans and made the Furry/Demon Creatures just appear in small roles or Background characters, it disappointed me.

Everytime the Cartoon Shows Demon Creatures the Animation Looks really great, like the cute Demon Thing that played the Piano, but the Animation with most of the main cast being human like, just Looks to boring for me.

And the few Characters that were creatures with slightly bigger roles were drawn in such a simplistic way that it was kinda unimpressive. I get that animating Characters with less lines and Details is way easier to do, specially if it s an indepent Animation and there is still a lot of effort put into this and as i said before, i really enjoyed it, but Overall im also disappointed.

I would still give it a positive Rating of Course, it is animated Pretty good but i dislike the main cast design choices. To much humans for my taste.

5 hours ago, TBD said:

@Spider Demon 

I do have to agree with him there. Despite of my favorite characters, Angel Dust stood out the most then all of them. At first I thought his voice sounded like Zim for a second there too! I’m not a fan of suggestive jokes as most are horrible but coming from Angel Dust, he actually nailed it. His suggestive jokes is used to insult  and that’s the different between his and other lame suggestive jokes I have heard.  my favorite part is when Alestor asked him what can he do and Angel dust’s answer was just unexpected and hilarious.  I literally almost spit out my water from trying to hold my laugh. And that face Alestor made makes it funnier. 

Him and his jokes in general is the only thing that make this show hilarious. I also appreciated his soft side too when he realized he have gone a bit to far. Angel dust would my second favorite aside with Sir pentious 

These reasons are why it is more likely he could completely third on from Alastor and Vaggie. I have skepticism towards Angel, but it as strong like Vaggie and Alastor. Angel Dust out the main protagonist is the funniest. Heck he makes the second best reactions to be honest. Thing is him passing Charlie and Sir Pentious is rather hard. I mean those two already have a special place in my heart. Charlie just being the central protagonist is always generally have a special place in my. Sir Pentious again just one those comical villains that is just to hard for me to not to love. While I like serious villains or a combination of serious and comical villains, I attend to enjoy comical the most.  Though Husk however could take third but again that is a bit debatable.

6 hours ago, Lex Destrosio said:

I actually enjoyed the Pilot, but after seeing some of the previous Animations from that Channel, i expected the Cartoon to have a bit more animal Characters or at least Demon Creatures. But when the Animation decided to Focus on Characters that looked like Humans and made the Furry/Demon Creatures just appear in small roles or Background characters, it disappointed me.

This is not one artist but many, so you will get less furry looking characters as the other artists will know better what they have already drawn before. However, what Vivzie draws herself usually has that sort of stuff. But I am no furry even in the slightest, so it is not a deal-breaker for me at all~

8 minutes ago, Alastor said:

(I ghop ei will edit this tomrorrow) I will try to answwer tthis as drun kI am. Biut the thing is, this is not one artist. this is multiple artists working on multiple shots and ,ultiple scenes. So you will get less furry stuff when it comes to diifferent artists. 

i ill alreso tryito respond to this thread in general more when I am less drunk nad have more freed tieme~

I know that there are more Artists working on this Project, but i dont get the Appeal of creatures from hell if they are just gonna be human Looking. Thats boring to me.

2 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

I know that there are more Artists working on this Project, but i dont get the Appeal of creatures from hell if they are just gonna be human Looking. Thats boring to me.

The only one this bothers me on is Vaggie. While I like her design, it is hard for me to tell that she is a moth demon.

Though I never saw to many of some the original animation. Because I had no idea this exsisted until the forums! :blink:

Gone ahead and added a poll as requested. Do let me know if there is anything I am missing or got wrong with it. Anyways, time to get sober~

Spoiler

Image result for drunk alastor

• Brohoof 3

I loved the pilot! :wub: The colors, expressions, attention to detail, and jokes were so spot on. I had to rewatch it a few times and slowed parts down to see all the detail put into certain sections like when Charlie was singing. So much happened in such a short amount of time. The story is interesting and I’m curious to how Charlie is going to make this work with Alastor wanting to see all the failures. I’ve been a fan of Viziepop for a long time and I was not disappointed at all. I’ve always loved her style and I’m happy to see it being put into something bigger than small animated shorts. So many talented artist put a lot of love into this and it shows. :love:

14 hours ago, TBD said:

@Spider Demon 

I loved that joke and laughed so hard when it happened. The screech of the radio/mic and his expression followed by his "HAH! No" is what got me. I also just noticed how there is a zipper sound whenever Angel makes a naughty joke.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Sir Pentious said:

These reasons are why it is more likely he could completely third on from Alastor and Vaggie. I have skepticism towards Angel, but it as strong like Vaggie and Alastor. Angel Dust out the main protagonist is the funniest. Heck he makes the second best reactions to be honest. Thing is him passing Charlie and Sir Pentious is rather hard. I mean those two already have a special place in my heart. Charlie just being the central protagonist is always generally have a special place in my. Sir Pentious again just one those comical villains that is just to hard for me to not to love. While I like serious villains or a combination of serious and comical villains, I attend to enjoy comical the most.  Though Husk however could take third but again that is a bit debatable.

I have to admit though it’s pretty hard to chose a favorite now that I think about it. All the characters are great and man it’s hard to rank which is which, they’re all so unique and their design is what made it harder.  But if I have to rank I would say Sir pentious and Vaggie take the first place. Angel Dust and Husk second and Charlie and Alestor 3rd. The rest I kinda need  to see more. But as you can see I have my rank with some ties, so yeah.. it hard to choose a favorite.

13 hours ago, Alastor said:

Gone ahead and added a poll as requested. Do let me know if there is anything I am missing or got wrong with it. Anyways, time to get sober~

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for drunk alastor

I’m glad you made more than one.. save me some headache to have choose one, when I can choose all!!

Yeah, I can tell that I'm going to like this show if there is more of it. It's right up my alley. I'm a fan of Angel Dust and Alastor though.

• Brohoof 1

As much I Sir Pentious, I'm surprised he is over Charlie right now on the pill. Granted it is by two votes. I'm not surprised at the top 2, though. Like @TBD, all the characters are pretty enjoyable and is kind of hard to fully rank right now. Sure I have a top two, but the rest are hard to truly rank. That is why I have tied for third.