Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What Video Game levels/bosses make you rage?

Moon Rat

For the most difficult boss fight it was in Kingdom Hearts 2 when you fight Sephiroth to get the Fenrir Keyblade.

post-5946-0-25463200-1355691577.jpg

SHOW ME YOUR STRENGTH.

SHOW ME YOUR STRENGTH.

SHOW ME YOUR STRENGTH.

I can't get rid of that quote, so many time wasted trying to beat this son of a fuck (i was playing in critical).

• Brohoof 1

Another game that tends to make me rage at times is Portal 2, on the Speed Gel tests. The ones that require you launch yourself across a gap using the Speed Gel and a ramp.

The only reason this makes me rage is because sometimes the Speed Gel doesn't seem to give off enough momentum for me to make the jump and I end up either falling short or falling to my doom :/

Either way, it is really annoying :/

I have to say the finish line in 1st place on the last lap on every track in Mario Kart Wii.  Almost every time I'm in a grand prix in that situation, I get hit by every possible thing and I end up finishing 5th. One time, I kid you not, I was about to win, and then I was it by a blue shell, then lightning, then a red shell, then I hit a banana.  Let's just say I rage quit, and Mario Kart Wii is the only game that made me rage quit.

• Brohoof 2

There have been bosses that made me rage from quite a few games I've played. I've broke a keyboard in half trying to kill what I'd call a boss in Skyrim, but so far nothing has made me consistently rage more than Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. I can circle strafe around Cyber Demons all day and shred the final boss of Borderlands 2 with relative ease. But when it comes to Nemesis... I've smashed 2 controllers because of him. The final boss of God of War is easier than Nemesis.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money.

Nothing says fun to do like having an explosive collar on you and anytime you get near radios or areas that your master didn't like they would go off.... It was terrible. What was even more stupid was if you got to far away from another AI with an explosive collar, they would both go off. :/ Eventually I said screw it... but came back and beat it later XD.

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I have to say the finish line in 1st place on the last lap on every track in Mario Kart Wii.  Almost every time I'm in a grand prix in that situation, I get hit by every possible thing and I end up finishing 5th. One time, I kid you not, I was about to win, and then I was it by a blue shell, then lightning, then a red shell, then I hit a banana.  Let's just say I rage quit, and Mario Kart Wii is the only game that made me rage quit.

I had a similar situation in Mario Kart for the 3DS. I was trying to get three stars on every thing in the Grand prix and in order to do that you have to do near perfect in every race. I when i say perfect i mean PERFECT. I swear everytime i was about to get in first everyone of those God damn guys just want me dead. I'm about to cross the finish line and I'm like: "YES YES YES!!!!" and then all of sudden its like "Eeenope" and i get hit with a blue shell and someone pases me. EVERY GOD DAMN TIME! those stupid blue shells are the bane of my existance.

• Brohoof 1

Mile High Club, CoD4

seriously the only one I hated to complete. Only because it was on a timer. If it wasn't on a timer I wouldn't have "raged" during it.

Other than that one level, I don't rage at all during games.

So simple and yet so difficult, it's gotta be that damn Yellow Devil in the original Megaman. Out of the dozens of times playing through that game, I've only managed to defeat him fairly once.

Finishing that game? ha, that's become my secondary goal when playing this one.

The final boss on ratchet and clank 2, I did him 1 once then it asks u if u what to redo it or move on and I fought I pushed the move on key but I didn't I gave up and never play it since. (Around 2-4 years ago, also I say stupid ps2 remotes.)  =(

Blaze Heatnix stage from Megaman X6 - Those damn donuts

Wily Stage 1 from Megaman 8 - This is why I hardly play the game after the robot masters

F-Zero X - All of it

F-Zero GX - All of it

Sephiroth in KH2.My god that fight is just....ugh....

Alister Azimuth in Ratchet and Clank:A Crack in Time.It dragged on forever,and killing him was hard for me.

Lord Lucien in Fable 2,but for other reason's than you'd expect:

The BNK-3R from Borderlands 2. It never managed to kill me, but I ran out of ammo for ALL my guns 6 times before that thing finally died. Longest boss fight ever......

• Brohoof 1

Most annoying boss for me is Sigma from the mega man x series. You would have to beat him twice and it was frustrating because he would lower your health from the first form.

Most annoying level would be "Rusty Bucket Bay" from the "Banjo-Kazooie" series (favorite series by the way). This level is a water level which is already annoying, but the water is contaminated with oil so you lose oxygen even if your above the water. Most of the missions involve diving underwater and apparently if you are under oil water you lose oxygen twice as fast. This level is known to annoy you and make you panic as you try to get to the nearest land to regain oxygen.

Alister Azimuth in Ratchet and Clank:A Crack in Time.It dragged on forever,and killing him was hard for me.

I'm pretty sure you tried fighting Lord Vorselon for the last time on the hardest difficulty

That fight took quite a bit of strategy to finally kill him

Using the RYNO directly wouldn't even work on him :/

Just found this one out last night.

The first leaper race in Jak 3. I suffered through the wonky camera controls for the Arena, I suffered through the first dune-buggy race where everything on the course catches your tires...but I simply could not deal with those stupid monks and the stupid leapers running through the stupid town. They cheat so much.  :(

• Brohoof 1

Just found this one out last night.

The first leaper race in Jak 3. I suffered through the wonky camera controls for the Arena, I suffered through the first dune-buggy race where everything on the course catches your tires...but I simply could not deal with those stupid monks and the stupid leapers running through the stupid town. They cheat so much. :(

OH GOD THIS...

SO MUCH THIS...

There is no other mission on ANY game that made me rage as hard as I did trying to beat this mental retardation of a challenge

I would come so close...

In fact, I would be right there almost at the finish line, and the fail screen would show up at random and I would have to start it all over again :/

That f*cking pissed me off to no end trying to accomplish that

• Brohoof 1

Krosis from Skyrim. I wander up to the word wall after killing a dragon (which was EASIER to kill than the damn Dragon Priest), and this bugger pops up and kills me with a couple of fireballs after I spend ten minutes chipping his health down. I repeated this three times before running away.

Edited by Archi

Ah yes,

Lord Vorselon.

He was extremely annoying in every way possible.

His fight dragged on FOREVER and I just kept spamming RYNO and that little sentry thing.

I know this doesn't count, but the Wack-a-mole thing in Jak II.

The control's were extremely glitchy and unmanuverable and the amount of point's nessacary was

TOO DAMN HIGH

The entire second level of Too Human makes me want to punch things, especially the boss, Hod, because the fight is repetitive with no strategy whatsoever and is just a war of attrition. Plus every time you die you have to watch this:

Every time you die you have to watch that. You can't skip it; you have to watch it. Every. Single. Time. And you die a lot.

• Brohoof 1

Ooooohhhhh Faust. I only play Nintendo game for the most part(Yes, I know. Leave me alone XD), so...

My second hardest was the Final Boss in Super Mario 3DLand. Had to hit three buttons to send Bowser into the lava while he was chasing and shooting fireballs at me, then I had to climb a huge column while being shot at(did I mention the column was collapsing?). The three dimensions made it twice as hard, and I don't even want to count how many times I had to start completely over.

The hardest boss for me(that I remember) is Tabuu from Super Smash Bros Brawl. Normally not that difficult, unless you have the diffuctly set to Very Hard. I had to buy a new Wii remote after that boss, I smashed the other one into the ground. Then I realized that if you had very specific timing, you could dodge his 1-hit KO Wing Pulses that come three waves at a time. :P Yay strategy.

Edited by Swick
  • Brohoof 1

Attempting to beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Ruby with really under-leveled Pokemon proved a big challenge.

Also, in Blue Dragon, the first bosses you face in the start of the second disc. It probably wasn't that hard to beat them, but I had basically no health or anything.

• Brohoof 1