Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Help needed judging a fanfic contest!

ZukoIsBestPony

(edited)

The Conflict 

So, I started a fanfiction writing contest on Fimfiction.com , and the submission period has come and gone. But there's a problem, nopony has signed up to help me judge the contest. Because I was the one who started it, it's only logical that in the absence of fellow judges I should be the one to judge all of the submissions, and give out fair and even scores. But, there's another problem, I'm rather bias, and busy. I could really, really use the help.

Below I'll list the following: Story guidelines, review guidelines, story info. If your interested post below.

Story Guidelines

All stories submitted to the contest are required to follow the following rules:

The Challenge:

This months task is simple, find 2 characters who most ponies don't ship together and write a compelling shipfic about them.

The Rules:

-T is the highest rating allowed

-Must be 'slice of life' oriented

-Can be no longer than three chapters

-Must be submitted to the 'Contest' folder in our story archive before the deadline

-Have fun! (Yes, this is a rule, you are required to have fun)

Notes:

-There are 4 submissions total

-Epilogues and prologues don't cont as chapters unless they are over 999 words.

Review Guidelines:

A full score sheet looks like this (Red notes are notes to the judges and will not be included in the review)

Introduction: X/10 points (In the introduction category, you will rate the very beginning of the story. Does the beginning grip you? Does it  put you in the mindset of the character do you like it, does it work etc.)

Intro notes: (Can be left blank)

Character Motivation: X/10 (In the Character Motivations category, you will rate portrayal, believably, and ark of of the characters in the submitted story.  Do the characters motivations make sense? Would you believe that they, as portrayed in cannon, would behave the way the author paints them? Do the characters get a satisfying ark?)

Character notes: (Can be left blank)

Story Structure: X/10 (In story structure you will rate how well the story flowed, and how well it was put together.)

Story structure notes: (Can be left blank)

Grammar and Punctuation: X/10 (In Grammar and Punctuation you grade the story's use of proper grammar.)

Grammar and Punctuation Notes: (Can be left blank)

EndingX/10 points (In the Ending category, you will rate the very end of the story. Does the end leave you satisfied with the way the story went? Does it work?)

Ending notes: (Can be left blank)

Total: X/50

Here is a list of all the stories submitted:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/198417/every-day-is-beautiful

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/198468/telling-shy

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/191150/a-great-pinkieburn-day

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/192077/making-a-switch

Please post below if you would like to help!

Edited by HarmoniousWhovian

@,
Do you just wish for us to do some Judging on the stories? Because I could certainly do that now on the focs you've provided. And Also, is it just yourself and any other judges that will be judging the stories? And then the scores are averaged or something? 

For Every Day is Beautiful

Introduction: 6/10 points 

Intro notes: I believe that the intro was only one paragraph to this sweet little story, but it held the write way for the rest of the fic. It definitely gave off a sense that the day was a pretty good one, and that ponies and dragons alike should be enjoy their time in the sun. 

Character Motivation: 6/10

Character notes: While in cannon I don't think this conversation would ever happen, it went pretty smoothly with both the dialogue and what the characters were talking about. Both characters seemed to be in character, it's just the nature/topic of the conversation that would probably never come up, and my only discrepancy would be with Spike, when he said that they should be immature to make up for the fact that they were having such a deep conversation. 

Story Structure: 7/10 

Story structure notes:It was believable, the flow of the story followed what a conversation like that would end up. 

Grammar and Punctuation: 9/10 

Grammar and Punctuation Notes: (Can be left blank)

Ending: 7/10 points

Ending notes: (Can be left blank)

Total: 35/50