Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private WAR (AU!/Action/Romance/SoL)

mars

(edited)
want to join this rp? Sign up in our OOC board!

It was the coldest of the winter nights. Ponies all over Equestria huddled together for warmth, and none dared left their home. For the windigos lurked. Windigos, for those who did not know, were creatures who fed off hatred and feuds. The ponies had heard of windigos once before. Centuries and centuries ago, when the founding members of Equestria bickered and could not get along. The windigos were much stronger than that of the previous storm- perhaps because the hatred was coming from the four most powerful beings in Equestria. The four princesses at Equestria.

In the times of old, the princesses cared for each other. And although each still had fond memories of the other, each princess has a different view of how they wanted to run the nation. And so, as years went by, they separated the United Empire they had once formed.

The princess of love, ruled an empire known as the Crystal Empire. There, crystal ponies could lived in peace without other ponies.

The princess of the sun, created the Solar Empire-a place where ponies be safe under her rule.

The princess of the night, created the Lunar Republic, so that ponies could have the freedom they desired.

And finally, the princess of friendship, created the United Republic Of Magic, a place where all types of creatures could be accepted.

It worked for a while. Many ponies began to choose their alligences, moving their families to the kingdom they thought best suited their needs. And the princesses were content with ruling by themselves. In fact, they proposed that once every full moon, they would meet at a neutral zone and discuss how to maintain peace. But, their different beliefs began clash, and soon, the peace began to grow more and more fragile.

It was on that winter night, this peace was forever shattered. The argument long forgotten, but the princesses all angrily declared war on each other at their last and final peace meeting. "This can not end until there is only ONE princess in Equestria!" One princess had declared, before they all stormed out. The winter has not stopped since.

And so now, dear reader, this is where our tale begins- in the early years of this broken tension. No fights have started, but each princess has begun to mobilize their armies and have readied their troops for anything.

f9jhqp.jpg

There was a large castle in Ponyville. It has stood there since the defeat of an evil creature- the name forgotten in history. All that remained of him was a stained glass window of his defeat that rested in the Princess’s throne. It was the stained glass window that in fact, the Princess was currently looking at. Her purple eyes seemed distant. "Oh, friends,” she whispered to the ponies carved in the glass, “I hope that you have forgiven me for the impending damage, and still love me as I love you all.”

"Princess?" She turned her head to look at a guard. He had a silver coat, and green eyes. An earth pony. She nodded her head, signaling that he could continue to speak. "Your army is waiting for your announcement." 

"Of course." She rose, taking one final glance at the portrait of her friends before she walked to the large balcony of her palace. Never had Princess Twilight Sparkle ever thought that she would one day lead an army. It's funny, isn't it? The Princess of Friendship, and yet she couldn't even keep between the princesses. Oh what a failure she was. It is why she now declared herself the Princess of Magic. She no longer saw it fit to name herself after something she was not good at. But magic- magic was her element, her special talent. It was the one thing that has not yet failed her.

She stopped at the center of the balcony. She felt chills run down her spine. She could not count the number of creatures staring up at her from down on the ground, waiting for her announcement. So many creatures were willing to lay down their lives for her beliefs. Her magic glowed a magenta color, and her eyes became white as she projected her voice so all could hear. She did not speak loud, but her voice sounded as if it was being whispered into the ears of everypony who had gathered.

"My fellow creatures, it is a great honor that you have decided to rise up in this fight. I could have not asked for such a sign of loyalty if this was not necessary. However, word has come from one of my spies that the other princesses have become very serious in their endeavors of a creating an army. And so it is fitting that I become so as well. I do not want to go to war. I will avoid it all if necessary. However, if it comes to it, and the others can not put aside their petty feuds, I must say: Fight. Fight for our freedom, fight for our peace, and fight for our equality." She closed her eyes, but she continued, "For if we do not fight, we will never be safe from the ideals of the others. We will never have the harmony we have desired for years." With her final statements, she turned around and stepped back inside of her palace, leaving her army to ponder what has been spoken.

Edited by Destiny
  • Brohoof 6

'How long has it been since we last looked up at the moon as friends? Sisters. A family...'

Princess Luna gazed out over the snow-covered lands she ruled over, watching the small shapes of ponies in the city of Manehattenn. It had been years since Luna claimed the city as the capital of her kingdom to provide ponies with better lives. They deserved better than this. Freedom from the Mad Queen, who would see them crushed and destroyed. Freedom from the Princess of Magic, who would bring all under her banner whether they want it or not. And freedom from her sister, who couldn't keep her kingdom together once the Elements of Harmony died.

'Perhaps I am being too harsh on my sister... a long time ago, I told her that winter was coming. And now it's here. It's been like this for a long time. Does anypony even remember the summer?'

A knock on the door broke her out of her reverie and Luna realized she'd been staring out the window for the past hour or so, probably missing a council meeting. She shook her head and cleared her throat. She was the princess and thus had to present a suitable amount of confidence. "Enter."

"My Princess," Her advisor, a batpony named Low Light, entered the room and bowed before Princess Luna, "your presence was missed at the Small Council meeting. Are you well, Your Grace?"

Luna nodded before striding to her desk where papers and scrolls were scattered about. Some where half finished and others were completely finished and awaiting the Princess' seal. "Yes. I am well. I was just reminiscing about the days before this damnable winter set in. Don't you miss the summer, Light?"

"I wouldn't know, Your Grace. If it was during my lifetime, I doubt I was old enough to appreciate it. Winter is all I've known." Light said, his gaze drifting over the desk with a slight frown. It was pretty clear that he did not approve of the Princess' desk being cluttered and untidy. "I see it's still as messy as always."

It was Luna's turn to frown, though hers was more out of indignation. It seemed she still had a younger mindset than that of the others. "Look at how much work I have to do. The sewage is backed up because the pipes are freezing, the fields are difficult to tend because of the snow and ice. Heating and food are difficult to maintain due to the weather, and I have to fight a war with my sisters on top of it. This is clean in comparison."

"You are the Princess of the Night and you don't have to do everything by yourself. That is why you have the Small Council and me, the Hoof of the Princess. Now come and get something to eat. I bet you've been working and daydreaming all day." Light said, grinning playfully at the Princess. He was also one of the few who could get away with it.

"No, no. I'm far too bus-" Luna was cut off by her stomach rumbling right on cue. She half-grinned sheepishly while Light raised an eyebrow smugly. Some days she wanted to wipe the smug grin off his face. "On second thought, I believe I've just found some free time. Food would be a good way to make use of it."

Light nodded. "Yes, Your Grace. Especially while we have it to spare."

"Could I leave these letters to you, then?" She asked, but before Light could say anything, Luna cut him off and was already proceeding out the door. "You're such a dear, Light. You are a true gentlecolt, offering your help like that."

"As you wish, Your Grace." Light said. He hated it when Luna did this to him. Then again, she only did it when he started being smug, so he probably earned it.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

JbXuUPy.png

The sweet sound of filly giggles warmed the vast space of the throne room, sun shone through opened windows, spilling its yellow glow into the room. Cadance smiled watching her children Rhythm and Glow playing. As she watched, Rhythm slipped on the throne room rug, giving a yelp of surprise as she fell flat on her face. Cadance's heart skipped a beat, as she jumped from the throne galloping towards her child’s side. As she reached the scene, there was an explosion of giggling from the both of them. Rhythm tried to pull herself up from the ground, but she was laughing too much to be successful. Glow extended a hoof, and Rhythm grabbed it. But then Glow started giggling again, and then they were both on the ground in hysterics Cadance sighed with relief, and shook her head gently. Sometimes she wished she could still be the innocent filly she had been all those years ago, to still be naïve about the world around her. The impeding Peace Meeting still hovered over her, even back then Cadance seemed to sense that something would be different about this Peace Meeting. When the laughing softened, and Glow and Rhythm were back on their feet, racing out of the throne room in a game of tag, Cadance called after them.

“Be careful.”

They disappeared into an adjoining corridor, and Cadance wasn’t sure if they’d heard her. But she let them go, just as a dozen Crystal Guards arrived to take her to the Peace Meeting. But if she had truly known then what she knew now, she would have never left Glow and Rhythm in the castle, she would have called Shining Armor, and she would have never gone to that Peace Meeting, she would have stayed with them, never to let them out of her sight. Because that day was the last day she would ever see them again. 

“Your grace? Princess Cadance?” A sombre voice sliced through her memory. 

The scene dissipated before Cadance's eyes, forcing her to gaze upon the throne room as it was now.

It was dark, the once opened windows now closed. Curtains had been drawn, and never opened. What little light was cast from torches that were mounted at intervals along the walls of the hall. Their flickering flames sending shadows dancing across the walls, and their warmth keeping back the frost from winter outside, creeping any further than the windows. 

Cadance barely slept anymore, and seldom ate. At times she felt like ending her suffering, but her last and only friend Winged Glory always kept her going that tiny bit more. Some days she felt worse than others, and this had been one of those days. In fact she’d come back here to try and remember them, she’d been in this very room the last time she had ever seen them, this was the place she felt the most connected to them now. She'd come her to visit them, because this was the only place she could see them. In her memories. 

She looked towards the voice which had interrupted her, to see a pony standing patiently before her. She recognised him as one of the messengers, even though a shadow concealed a good half of his face.

“Your Grace,” Said the messenger, kneeling respectfully.

“Go on,” Said Cadance, ignoring the pleasantries.

The messenger rose. “I was sent to inform you that the army you requested has been mustered, and that they are awaiting your presence.”

“Good,” Said Cadance, adrenaline pumping through her veins. Although she still did not smile, she felt a lot better hearing the news. There was little that made Cadance happy anymore, but carrying out her revenge was the biggest. She even questioned whether it truly was Winged Glory loyalty and friendship that kept her going all this time, not the prospect of carrying out her vengeance. Twilight will get what she deserves, Cadance promised herself what she'd been promising herself countless times. After what she did to my children, after what she did to my Shining Armor, her own brother. She will pay, and she will pay in blood

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 4

((( To be played :3 

))

Icarus lurked inside of  the abandoned hut he called home for now. The winter had been harsh, much like the many he had sen during the days of Stalliongrad's occupation by the crime syndicate that had so ruthlessly shaped Icarus into what he was today. With the swing of his dark cape, Icarus walked to the back of the abandoned housing, towards his last victims, thugs who had attempted to raid his resources. He removed his mask, showing his disfigured face to the empty air inside the room. His purple, furless skin writhing  with the pulsing veins beneath it. His eyes adjusted to the lighting his horn created.

"Your crimes have been payed for...... your deaths, were necessary....and they have given me what I wanted." Icarus said, the shadows in the room flickering as his horn dimmed in light. He marched towards the widow, which overlooked a snowy field, the harsh winter blasting away at the area around him. 

"War comes upon us now..... and each of the fighters are flawed...." Icarus muttered, thinking to himself. This war....was the start of something more, he felt. And if things went as he thought they would......this war may play to his needs.

He closed his eyes and thought, uttering a simple phrase to himself, " Come then.....let it begin...."

Princess Cadence 

The sweet sound of filly giggles warmed the vast space of the throne room, sun shone through opened windows, spilling its yellow glow into the room. Cadence smiled watching her children Rhythm and Glow playing. As she watched, Rhythm slipped on the throne room rug, giving a yelp of surprise as she fell flat on her face. Cadence’s heart skipped a beat, as she jumped from the throne galloping towards her child’s side. As she reached the scene, there was an explosion of giggling from the both of them. Rhythm tried to pull herself up from the ground, but she was laughing too much to be successful. Glow extended a hoof, and Rhythm grabbed it. But then Glow started giggling again, and then they were both on the ground in hysterics Cadence sighed with relief, and shook her head gently. Sometimes she wished she could still be the innocent filly she had been all those years ago, to still be naïve about the world around her. The impeding Peace Meeting still hovered over her, even back then Cadence seemed to sense that something would be different about this Peace Meeting. When the laughing softened, and Glow and Rhythm were back on their feet, racing out of the throne room in a game of tag, Cadence called after them.

“Be careful.”

They disappeared into an adjoining corridor, and Cadence wasn’t sure if they’d heard her. But she let them go, just as a dozen Crystal Guards arrived to take her to the Peace Meeting. But if she had truly known then what she knew now, she would have never left Glow and Rhythm in the castle, she would have called Shining Armor, and she would have never gone to that Peace Meeting, she would have stayed with them, never to let them out of her sight. Because that day was the last day she would ever see them again. 

“Your grace? Princess Cadence?” A sombre voice sliced through her memory. 

The scene dissipated before Cadences eyes, forcing her to gaze upon the throne room as it was now.

It was dark, the once opened windows now closed. Curtains had been drawn, and never opened. What little light was cast from torches that were mounted at intervals along the walls of the hall. Their flickering flames sending shadows dancing across the walls, and their warmth keeping back the frost from winter outside, creeping any further than the windows. 

Cadence barely slept anymore, and seldom ate. At times she felt like ending her suffering, but her last and only friend Winged Glory always kept her going that tiny bit more. Some days she felt worse than others, and this had been one of those days. In fact she’d come back here to try and remember them, she’d been in this very room the last time she had ever seen them, this was the place she felt the most connected to them now. She'd come her to visit them, because this was the only place she could see them. In her memories. 

She looked towards the voice which had interrupted her, to see a pony standing patiently before her. She recognised him as one of the messengers, even though a shadow concealed a good half of his face.

“Your Grace,” Said the messenger, kneeling respectfully.

“Go on,” Said Cadence, ignoring the pleasantries.

The messenger rose. “I was sent to inform you that the army you requested has been mustered, and that they are awaiting your presence.”

“Good,” Said Cadence, adrenaline pumping through her veins. Although she still did not smile, she felt a lot better hearing the news. There was little that made Cadence happy anymore, but carrying out her revenge was the biggest. She even questioned whether it truly was Winged Glory loyalty and friendship that kept her going all this time, not the prospect of carrying out her vengeance. Twilight will get what she deserves, Cadence promised herself what she'd been promising herself countless times. After what she did to my children, after what she did to my Shining Armor, her own brother. She will pay, and she will pay in blood

[Outside, in the royal barracks]

A stallion hit the floor in agony, his teeth grit and eyes watering as a hoof was pressed against his neck, the spikes around the hoof digging into his skin. "You left yourself open for far too long on your right flank..." said a voice above him, indicating that this torture was still not finished "...such blind inconsideration for your own health is...welcome...in my circle of expertise." The pressure from the back of his neck was release, elicting a gasp from the stallion. Looking up, he saw his attacker walking away from him, a tall, dulled-black crystal mare with greyed red hair. Whether it was how she walked or just his mind trying to suck air back into its starved cells, but the entire gait seemed slightly seductive and confident. "The queen wishes you to throw everything you have at your enemies..." she said to his peers, who had crowded around the spectacle not minutes before. They all looked uneasy, but most stallions do when a mare has you begging for mercy after dodging the first swing of your weapon. "...and whilst you are all encouraged to have a shred of tactical brilliance about you, I must plead that you put aside all self preservation when attacking the enemy..." The stallion pushed off the ground, galloping towards her with vigor bred from outrage. He had not served in the army long, merely a month, but he would be damned if he let this mare mouth off their tactical prowess whilst she stood before him.

He roared as he snatched up a short sword discarded in the fight.

She sighed happily as she turned a grey eye towards his direction.

The crowd winced at the crack as the stallion's body went limp, the mare's magical aura extinguishing as the crowd parted to let her pass.

"After all, more bodies for me to spend my time with." she sang, the blades in her braids clicking as she walked towards a trembling messenger. She cupped his chin in a hoof, her smile seemed to be edged with razors "What news from my queen, messanger? Or perhaps you just want to spend time with Hexecutioner Obsidian herself, as all these brave..." the throng took several cautionary steps from the mare "...stallions do?"

(edited)

___Winter Gust___

[Also in the crystal royal barracks, a bit before Dovashy's post]

Winter Gust walked along the barracks. Seconds ago he was given the order to muster all forces from the queen. As he walked into the main room he found a huge crowd, and the Royal Executioner in the middle of it all.

The soldiers stepped aside and made him a path.

As he finally walked up towards her he tapped her on the back with a bit annoyed look at his face. 

"Maybe you should focus on breaking the bones of the enemy soldiers instead of OURS dear "Hexecutioner". " He spoke and then turned to all the soldiers in the room, and spoke up in a loud and firm tone.

"The army is requested to be mustered! You have 5 minutes to get armed and ready! Anyone late will be punished! "

Edited by TheDarkStar

(edited)

The Hexecutor raised a hoof, touching the Master of Hooves cheek in the gentlest manner as she smiled dreamily. Eyes skittering from her hoof to her eyes, throat muscles clenching as he swallows, facial muscles tightening, all clear signs of discomfort, but sadly not complete fear of her presence so close to him. She leaned in a little, her cheek barely passing the one that was currently occupied with her hoof as she breathed next to his ear as she opened her mouth. She closed it as she felt the knife against her chest, pulling back to see the Master of Hooves cold, strict eyes. Full of loyalty, unperturbed. She smiled, she knew the army was in good hooves, it always had been since the Hexecutors first began their rounds. It was simply that squads had a habit of breaking at the most inopportune moments, and they had to be taught a stricter lesson on why death is more preferable to dishonour. She cocked her head coyly as her hoof dropped from his face, pushing the blade down. as much as he would allow.

"You are mistaken, Master of Hooves..." she whispered, her hoof lightly stroking down his cheek to under his chin "...I am merely doing my job of 'inspiring' our troops to greater efficiency. You need not take such a sharp tone with me, and in fact you should not ever again..." Distracted. An easy catch. She had him as her hoof shot down, knocking the blade from his hoof and stabbing upwards to clutch his windpipe, restricting air flow. She wondered what shade he would go if she held long enough. No, he is important. Issue warning, then release. "This will be the only warning I have given short of killing a pony, Winter Gust. You are important to the Queen, so I will let you live for as long as you remain useful to her. Cross me again, and I will let you hear the sound of your bones grinding to dust." She released him, a dark smile to her face as she turned away from him to pace in the direction of the Crystal Castle. "Run along, sweet Winter. Your soldiers need a leader to tell them to where they shall die..."

Edited by LordOfTime
  • Brohoof 1

Sergei    (About an hour before the army is ready after summoning)

The crumpled ball of paper flew across the room and made a dull "thud" as it hit the opposite wall and fell to the floor, coming to rest next to door.

At that instant a sharp double knock could be heard at the door and a muffled "Sir!"

"You may enter" said Sergei, getting up from his place at the desk.

A soldier of the Royal Guard entered, moving to the side and standing at attention he said "Sir , Princess Cadance has summoned the army, your presence is requested , be ready within the hour."

"Is that it soldier?" said Sergei

"Yes" he replied

"Then leave" said Sergei as he walked over to the crumpled paper.

The door closed and he picked it up between his teeth, spitting it out as he passed the trashcan, now nearly full with similar pieces. He had yet to design a worthy wall that would keep the Wendigos at bay and time was running short. He sat staring at a blank piece of paper for several minutes, then at a small portrait of Shining Armor on his desk. "We will avenge you, Prince Shining" He thought.

He himself tore away from the portrait, snapping back to reality. Walking over to the small wooden locker behind his desk, he began to don his parade uniform for the impending meeting.

Topaz

Topaz sits at a desk, alone in the castles library. His attention toward a rather large book, his eyes scan every word, analyzing each sentence. Topaz enjoys studying the moon more than anything, once he was able to gain access to the castles library, he jumped at the opportunity. "So many books to read, so much studies of the moon. Though i cannot stay long, i must go soon." He says to himself.

Topaz nearly finishes up the chapter in the book when an object hits him on the side of his head. Topaz is startled by the object, but regains himself. He looks down at the crumpled up piece of paper on the ground. He picks up the piece of paper with his magic and unravles it. 'Outsider' it reads in bold pen writing. "Oh my, how could they be so cruel? All they ever do, is treat me like a mule." 

Topaz sighs and book marks the book he was reading. He then places the book back where he found it and walks out of the library. He walks out towards the barracks and looks toward a few new recruits. "it seems i have new ponies to train, I will be busy for a while it would seem, but i cannot wait for these new recruits, to be part of the team!" topaz says to himself before introducing himself to the new recruits.

(edited)

Last Shadow, or Shadow for short, was currently in the midst of retirement. That's right, not a care in the world anymore. He could relax to his heart's content. Even so, he found himself staring at his trophy case. Inside, one would see weapons, machine parts, even a feather. Spoils of war garnered over the years during his time as a bounty hunter. He'd be lying if he said that he didn't miss the life. Now all that was left was a trophy case, some old contacts, and a safe-house here and there that he had been able to hold on to, which is where he currently was. This particular one was right outside of the capital of the United Republic of Magic. He then sighed. Shadow remembered when the kingdom split apart, nothing has been the same since. Although at first, he was happy about the split, It was good for business with the number of bounties and rewards rising. Now, it was simply a nuisance. He couldn't go anywhere without being stopped and searched in an effort to weed out spies. Even so, he still kept up with his remaining safe-houses, as few of them as thee may be, making sure that they were still off of the books and out of the line of sight.

Shadow's musings were interrupted by a knock at his door. No one knew he was here, in fact, he made sure no one knew someone lived here. Cautiously, he approached the door and opened it. To his surprise, it was a royal guard. 'I could have sworn I erased my record before I got here.' Shadow thought. "What do you want?" He asked the guard gruffly. The guard was a bit taken aback by the hostility in the Stallion's voice, but quickly recuperated and handed Shadow a letter. "By order of Princess Twilight, an army is being amassed for war. All you need to know is in there." The guard said as Shadow took the letter. The guard then left, probably to go give the same message to everyone else. Shadow closed the door and looked at the letter. It was legitimate; it even had the royal seal on it. Once opened, the letter said that to join the cause, one would have to head to the barracks. 'Hm, this could be what I was looking for,' He thought, 'I've gotta face facts, i'm not ready to retire. I've still got some fight left and I know just what to do with it.' With that, Last Shadow gathered his things and made his way over to the Barracks, where he enlisted.

Edited by Lord Megatron

It did not take long. Right after hearing Princess Twilight's announcement, Lit fuse scurried to his small house in the outskirts of Ponyville. It was not very attractive, but it was a home as any other. He could not contain his excitement at all; his heart beating like a war drum, and the skip to his steps, were evidence enough. Exhaling, he stopped short before the door, taking one long stare back at the castle. He mentally reminded himself, that this might be one of his last moments in Ponyville. He opened the door.

His place wasn't very tidy. In fact, it was cluttered - failed experiments, broken alembics, crumpled papers. It would seem that cleaning up will have to wait - again. Tentatively reaching for the chest that contained his old raiment, he opened it and took view of the items inside. Brushing a hoof against the scar on his leg, he reflected. 'It seems i'll be needing this, and soon,' he thought. Sure enough, he began outfitting himself, lacking any patience. He took a long glance at the inside of his house one last time, before leaving it dismissively. "Never liked the wallpaper, anyway."

(edited)

@@LordOfTime@@Dovashy,]

[still a bit before Dovashys post]

He rubbed his throat, as she walked away in a somewhat happy mood.

"Run along, sweet Obsidian, The Hoof of the Princess is probably awaiting his prize. " He spoke back mockingly. Walking away towards the regroup zone of the army. The soldiers knew the drill, he personally made sure of that, after all he was in charge of training them. 

After a short walk he got to the main courtyard of the castle, with a swift expansion and flap of his wings he flew unto the Royal balcony. 

Up there he met his adjutant, a very young pegasus stallion, his personal trainee, but sadly to others he was known as a simple messenger. 

Carefully inspecting the troops Winter Gust saw that everything was in place, then he looked at himself. Was he ready for what was to come? That was a question that often went around his mind. But from an outside appearance he felt well. Upon him was a normal set of Crystal Empire armor:

img-2809406-1-mlp_crystal_armour_by_help

But with an added short purple colored cape that showed his high rank. Unlike most guards who had a big mohawk sticking out of their helmet he preferred to let his mane go loose, letting it fall to the sides. His tail stuck out normally but in a rather perfect manner. No clumsiness or sloppiness while putting on the uniform was present or noticeable.

Winter knew everything was in check so he alerted his adjutant/messenger. 

"Go to the Princess and tell her that everything is ready as she requested... on you go."

And he waited...

Edited by TheDarkStar

(edited)

Princess Celestia

Walking down the grand halls of Canterlot silently as a single royal guard followed behind. It was peaceful and relaxing to Princess Celestia as she suddenly stopped, her throat seemingly to become dry, unable to declare what she wanted to say. She had hoped that her walk around the grand halls of the Canterlot Castle would ease her mind to say what she wanted. It didn't come true, she really didn't want to command the guard behind her to start the formation of her army. It was like a dream, a nightmare coming true to her when this situation had all started. Like a heavy stab to her heart that her fellow princesses would splinter Equestria apart. How many shall die from these actions?

"Your Majesty?" the royal guard behind her questioned, his voice laced with concern. It was unnerving to even the professionally trained unicorn that Princess Celestia had suddenly stopped and haven't said even a single thing yet. While he maintained a stone-cold feature with the barest concern showing, his mind was currently racing through possibilities to why she had suddenly came to a halt.

Taking slowly steps as she turned around to face the guard, Princess Celestia had put up a false face of what she was currently experiencing. Forming a determined and strong-willed facial structure, she replied, making sure to have her voice calm yet gentle, "Dear guard, order the mobilization of the forces at once for a defensive fight. Be quick, and thank you." She had made her decision, not quite yet, however, her orders was to maintain a strong defensive positioning. She won't, not now at least, order needless deaths of her army.

The royal guard bowed before stating, "At once your Majesty!" Before sprinting off to the direction of the barracks. It was done; the deed was now acted out. After watching the retreating figure of the guard disappear, Princess Celestia entered a nearby room and collapsed onto the ground. Closing the door and casting a spell of silence, she let a single tear fall. Oh this war was already taking its toll on her before it even began. It was like those hundreds of years ago when Princess Luna, her own sister, had broken off. That was terrible, now this was four-times worst than the last. To fight her old student, Princess Twilight Sparkle, to Princess Cadence, to her own sister, Princess Luna. Yet this sadness wasn't without anger--it was there, growing in strength in rage at the cruel betrayal of her fellow Princesses. To plunge Equestria, her nation where she had carefully nursed, into this splintered, cracked state? It was horrifying, tragic, and the worst to ever happen.

(Hopefully I didn't make her sound too weak-willed, but fighting against people you once knew would be quite terrible).

----

Impenetrable Will was amongst the crowd that had gathered to listen to Princess Twilight Sparkle's speech. It was empowering to Impenetrable, it had really empowered his faith further to see this through will a victory. Indeed, they must fight to win this, but if only there was another way. Sighing at this, Impenetrable Will quickly departed to his apartment to prepare himself for this. While Impenetrable Will always favored a better means that would prevent any bloodshed, if the Princesses hadn't come to that conclusion. Then, it would surely be the best that a war must be waged for the best ending.

Nodding his head as he came to this conclusion, Impenetrable Will entered his apartment and began his small preparations. From grabbing his armor to a large shield to even a small knife if things come to a worst and he needs to face an opponent in close-combat. He felt ready for this, yet he felt the trickling sensation of fear and anxiety. War was something that was new to Impenetrable Will, yet instead of collapsing into a pit of an emotional wreck in the confines of his apartment, he tried to maintain his normal posture.

Edited by Demirari
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

JbXuUPy.png

Princess Cadance stepped down from her Crystal throne, and her gown fell to the floor, trailing along behind her as she gracefully made her way down the steps which led from the raised platform where her throne stood. The messenger watched silently, and Ser Ambient, her Royal Bodyguard stepped from the shadows, coming to her side. She did not look at him as she spoke. “Ser Ambient, good to know you’re still awake.”

“Your Grace,” Said Ser Ambient, offended. “I would not fail you so.”

“Good,” Said Princess Cadance with a twisted smile. “It is good to know you are not like Ser Fleet.”

Ser Fleet had been Ser Ambients predecessor, the Royal Guard who’d failed to step in when an assassin had made an attempt on her life. Ser Fleet would do no failing from where he sat, five hundred feet underground in his dungeon.

As Princess Cadance, and Ser Ambient walked down the length of the throne room, the large double doors were thrown open for them, by two Royal Guards who groaned from the strain of heaving these massive doors aside. Ser Ambient, nodded his head in thanks to the two guards, but Cadance continued on her way, indifferently. They’d left the throne hall behind, and now made their way through a long narrow corridor. The right wall was lined with flaming torches, which lit the way, and to the left, were windows which were now covered with large, heavy curtains in a desperate attempt to fight off the cold draught which leaked from the cracks, and through the window panes. She heard wind howling as it battered against the sides of the castle, causing Cadance to shiver as the cold air wafted through the corridor. She pulled her royal gowns around herself tighter, and Ser Ambient noted the action with a disguised glance in her direction. The flames danced with the draught, and one came close to going out. Cadance pace quickened, and they finally left the corridor, and reached the main atrium. There was a small squad of Hexecutioners waiting for her, and spotting her, they all knelt respectfully.

“Rise,” Said Cadance , and they did.

“I was sent to escort you to the mustered Army,” Said one of the Hexecutioners, stepping forward. It must’ve been the Captain.

“On who’s orders?” Demanded Ser Ambient, coming in between the Hexutioner Captain, and Princess Cadance.

The Captain looked at Ser Ambient from head to toe, summing him up as an opponent. “By order of the Lord Hex, Obsidian.” He replied cooly. “Now, if you don’t mind. The carriage is waiting for Her Grace. You wouldn’t want to keep Her Grace waiting. Would you Guard?”  

Ser Ambient narrowed his eyes at the Captain, stepping aside.

The doors of the Palace were thrown open, and a massive gust burst through the gap. Flakes of snow freckled the Black armour of the Hexecutioner Guards.

“This way, Princess,” Said the Captain, as they left the inside of the Atrium, and out into the cold winter outside.

There was a carriage waiting at the entrance of the Palace, a team of four Hexecutioners, waited, shivering in their reins. The Hex Captain opened the carriage door for Princess Cadance, and she climbed aboard happily. Ser Ambient followed afterwards but he had to hold the door open for himself, as the Captain ran off to command the Hexecutioner escort waiting at the flanks. As the drivers took off, the carriage shook with the force, until finally settling down. Two squads of Hexecutioners fell in on both sides of the carriage. They travelled out of the City of Crystal, and out of the large Crystal Walls that surrounded the Capital, and out into the fields, where a large force of about half a million eager Crystal Ponies soldiers had been gathered. The carriage pulled up at the front of the force, Ser Ambient and Cadance filed out of the carriage, and Cadance looked over her massive army with eyes full of excitement. She flew to the roof of the carriage, to survey them better, and so they could all see her. She spoke loudly in her Royal Voice, so that even the cold wind that howled around them was quiet in comparison.

“My fellow Crystal Empire ponies, at the deaths of your Prince, Shining Armor, and my children, Rhythm and Glow you were all willing to lay down your lives to avenge them, to bring Twilight to justice for their murder.” She took a moment to rest, her heart beating rapidly, fueled by adrenaline. “Well now, almost a year later we are finally ready to carry out this justice, in three days we march on Ponyville, and then she will finally answer for her crimes.” She finished her speech, and the cries of half a million ponies exploded around her, the wind was drowned out as they shouted in agreement, and excitement.

“Justice!” They shouted. “Justice!”

They shook their weapons in the air, and the Hexecutioners glanced at each other nervously, their hooves hovering over their weapons. But the crowd did not surge forward, obviously the new training had been working. Which reminded Cadance, she still needed to visit the Ponies in training. She flew back down, and now addressed the Hex Captain. "Hexecutioner, please alert the Small Council that I wish to have them meet in the Hall within the hour,” She walked back to the Carriage, and as Ser Ambient entered slamming the door behind, they shot off back towards the City in a flurry of upturned snow.

Stellar Nova

Stellar Nova stood guard outside Princess Luna's chambers. Holding her spear to her side with her magic, and eyes alert monitoring the hallway. She did not move, until Princess Luna began to exit her chambers, at which moment she went straight to her side.

"Have you been on guard all day, Stellar?"

"I have your Grace,"

"I see. I must apologize for making you wait. But we have to mobilize the army before the war comes to us."

Stellars expression was grave. "I had hoped it would not have come to that, Your Grace."

"I as well, my friend. But if we don't fight, we can't maintain the freedom I promised my subjects." Luna said, taking on a determined tone.

Stellar escourted Luna through the deserted halls in silence, only the winter wind could be heard howling from outside. When they reached The Great Hall, Stellar pushed open the large sturdy wooden doors, and waited for Luna to make her way in. A delicious smell of freshly cooked pies, and other assorted foods played upon Stellars senses as they both entered. Ponies were still rushing around the tables, placing down more trays upon the long table for their Princess.

"Would you join me, Stellar? A meal is often best enjoyed with company."

Luna smiled at Stellar and held her hoof out towards her friend in a clear invitation.

"You honour me. But how can I protect you if I do," responded politely. As much as her stomach craved for the freshly cooked food, she could not abandon her duties to the Princess, and if anything was to happen to her on her watch. The thought caused her to shiver.

Luna nodded, though she was admittedly disappointed. "I understand, but the offer is open should you wish to accept."

"Thank you," Said Stellar as she watched Luna take a seat at the long table. She looked awfully alone, despite the numerous ponies who ran to place more dishes onto the table, or refill her glass. Stellar glanced at all the empty seats around the table, and sighed. Once the Four Princesses had all gathered here, eaten, talked, laughed. But no more, that era had ended, and another had begun. An era that would change everything.

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 3

When the enlisting was through, Last Shadow decided that it would be beneficial to inspect the facilities. He wasn't out of shape by any means, but he still had a regimen to keep up. After a thorough inspection, he found that the compound had all of the necessities covered. Now, what he really had to do was brush up his magic skills. Stealth magic is difficult to master, and he'd be lying if he said that he'd kept up with his magical ability as well as he had with his own body. Thankfully, he was in the right place to bush up on his skills. And so, he headed toward the royal library. After all, It wasn't called the United Republic of Magic for nothing.  

(edited)

The Hexecutioner, named Darkheart, saluted to Cadence's retreating carriage. No sooner was it out of sight was a messenger called...

"Notify the Lord Hexecutor of these developments, sharp. Get your cohorts to do the same for the other ministers." he ordered, turning back the amassed force in order to dispence warnings to the junior hexecutors for daring to balk at the sight of a cheering crowd. "But what of the Princess' Hoof, Agoniser Darkheart?" The dark ruby stallion inclined his head in thought, then shook it down again...

"Possibly 'consorting' with our Head Hexecutor, no doubt..."

Obsidian was rarely a mare of simple pleasures, there was always something to be added to a moment to make it better. A burning heretic was often such a thing, but right now she could be forgiven if such a necessity be left...absent. Breaking the kiss with her marefriend, Obsidian used her darkened grey magic to push a lock of hair from the mare's face.

"You smell nice today." she said lamely, inwardly beating herself for such an unimaginative icebreaker "Is it the one I got you?" Whack. Whack. Whack. Hardly the place for conversing via tongue, the rear of the barracks. Especially so when locals patrolled and the Master at Arms skulked about. She was on a whole different social ladder than him true, but that did not mean she was higher...

Edited by LordOfTime
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sergei

Sergei stood at attention throughout the duration of the rally, he had his troops do the same. The engineering company had only recently been formed, and he would have no foul ups,no mistakes, nothing to draw unnecessary attention. Every one of the 80 soldiers in the company stood stone still until it was the appropriate time to yell in support of the speech, even in these instances they were to stay still. Justice! , Justice!, Justice! they echoed.

Sergei himself could not pay attention to the speech for so long,  phasing in and out between the rally and the wall. It had clouded his mind for so long, but since the time he left his quarters at the camp his mind had been toying with an idea. A  ten meter high wall, ten meters thick, made of stone. It was to span the entire northern edge of the empire, sentry towers every 100 meters, dedicated guard towers every 500 meters, and a series of small fortresses at strategic points along the wall. It was vital he come up with technical documents for such as soon as possible, while the idea was still fresh in his mind.

The Captain led his troops back through the city, marching down the main street.  Dressed in thick winter overcoats , hats and boots, they did not make the loud machine like clanking of normal soldiers with armor, instead it was a quiet procession, the snow serving to hush the mechanical like march of boots on cobble.

Spirits were high amoung the troops after the Princess's speech, so much so that a junior officer of the regiment called:

"Captain Sergei? May we sing?"

"If you wish" he replied.

Classic folk songs such as "Song of Crystal Boatmen" and "At the Mountains Edge" filled the air as the procession made its way through the city. As it grew dark and a light snow began to fall, the tone changed to traditional marches and cadences.

The entire time Sergei himself was quietly singing along, inspired by a new sense of nationalism...

The troops went to their barracks upon return, they would need the rest. Sergei was up until 4am sitting at his desk drawing up documents for the Princess. The clock struck 4:15 as Sergei entered the messenger barracks and violently shook the nearest pony awake. 

He grabbed him by the collar , the lamp casting deep shadows on the bags under his eyes:

"You are to inform Princess Cadance at the earliest opportunity that I have completed the plans for the wall. I want it to be the first thing she hears when she wakes up, but so help me if I found out you woke her at an early hour it will be your head on the chopping block. Go , NOW!"

"Yes Captain!" replied the groggy messenger.

Sergei released the startled messanger and walked out. He returned to his office, doused the light, collapsed in his chair , and began to snore loudly. In his lap ,and wrapped in his hooves was a briefcase stuffed with papers. 

Edited by Sergei
  • Brohoof 1

Lit Fuse

His old raiment was still fitting, stretchy and a bit dusty, and very itchy - but it was his, nevertheless. An armor fit for combat and active duty. Aside from that, he packed some of his experiments, potions and traps, and more importantly spell scrolls containing useful unicorn incantations. A real pack rat, he had a bit of a trouble containing his excitement into stuffing just about any and all random junk into his saddlebags, but he eventually tried to stick to the bare necessities and just go on from there.

After leaving his home and saying his goodbyes to friends and acquaintances, he took a moment to consider himself.  He decided he should work on his physical capabilities. It's been a while since he made field practice, and that meant now was as good time as any. His slight limp - which he had for years now - and the weight of his bag were the only jitters in his light skip. Next, there were manners of his use of magic. To put it into a concise perspective , it was potent, but flashy. He was a rigorous and avid practitioner, but there were fields in which he could do more on.

Deciding to do the extra mile on a whim born of enthusiasm, he decided to head for the drills and meet his fellow recruits - and perhaps get more "battle ready".

(edited)

The Two Generals

Whoever thought it was ever a good idea to put two conflicting viewpoints in the same room was a sadistic being. To the right side of the enormous office was the diligent Aegis Artifice plotting plans of details. The left… was a single globe and a young stallion known as Implausible Ruse circling areas that seemed random to the naked eye. It was truly a strange office shared by two polar opposite ponies.

Aegis Artifice slowly wrote in logistic information till he finally let the pen fall on the desk as he stared at the young individual across the room without any buildup to what he was going to say. "I hope you are doing something actually useful for once?" Aegis Artifice plainly questioned as his eyes bored into the hunched-over individual.

The young individual, Implausible Ruse lifted his own pen before sighing in amazement, as if surprised that Aegis Artifice was saying such things. "I swear to Celestia old-timer, stop annoying me with these rhetorical questions. Do you not see what I am doing?" He proceeded to levitate the giant map towards Aegis Artifice before stopping mere inches from his face. "This is where the assaulters may come and attack." Implausible Ruse rambled on about the circled areas on where the enemies may attack and suggestions on what to add to the meticulously detailed map on the defenses of Canterlot and outlying areas.

After what seemed to be hours on end of the young stallion shouting across the room, he slumped on his chair and finally proclaimed, "Well?" As if daring Aegis Artifice to question how he spends his time during these stressful moments.

Aegis Artifice stared at the map before pointing his staff at one of of the circles very far, “Pray to explain why one of the circles is miles away from Canterlot? More specifically in Cloudsdale?” Having shoved the map back at Implausible Ruse. “Perhaps it is where you’d like to visit next? One of your juvenile trips to get at it with one of the mares over there?” Aegis Artifice had one of his eyebrows arched with a grin plastered across his face. Not stopping there, Aegis Artifice added one last comment before letting the increasing red-faced general from adding onto the conversation, “Honestly, this is war, not one of your, as the young ponies say now a days, chicka-bow-wow trips?”

Implausible Ruse only narrowed his eyes as he clenched his teeth visibly, “I swear to Celestia, you old goat! That neutral spot is a perfectly valid place to stage an army!” Then, Implausible Ruse took a deep breath to calm himself at the smirking elderly general.

“So, it is one of your chicka-bow-wow trips?” Aegis Artifice responded, still smirking as he nodded his head. All he received was a murderous glare from Implausible Ruse.

Princess Celestia

After regaining the valuable control over her emotions, Princess Celestia slowly got up as she looked around the room. It was, thankfully, not her sister’s room as she slowly exited the room slowly. Watching the dark hallways, she slowly walked forward, taking each step slowly. After the first few steps in silence, Princess Celestia regained her famed posture of grace, power, and kindness.

Like a lock upon a vault, Princess Celestia had sealed the ill-favored emotions as she tracked onwards. She knew where she was going, indeed, it was time to visit the generals and her advisors. Hopefully, they’ll agree upon her strategy of defensive play. It was, to her, the most needed as of right now, from both strategically and… her own courage that was faltering in the thought of attacking what was once her fellows.  

Edited by Demirari

Last Shadow entered the library and immediately went towards the illusion magic section. He was impressed by the whole collection though. It would seem that the whole place went on for a while, not surprising to him. He heard that Princess Twilight was quite the collector. Lucky for him, the Princess's collection was open to the public. All he was looking for was a refresher right now. He hadn't used any illusion spells in a while, not since his retirement, so he was a bit out of practice. "Ah, here we go." He said as he spotted a book, simply titled, "The Complete Guide to Illusion Magic" He grabbed the book with his magic and cracked it open. 

(edited)

In the slums of Manehattan there was a little bar. There was nothing special about this bar, it sold cheap beers; rum and wines. At a simple glance is was a rundown shack with a broken wooden sign. It used to say bannered mare, but now it simply said

Ban are

With the other letters worn, and faded to nothing. Inside the bar, it was not much better the floor were cracked and squeaked with every step and just sliding your hoof across the bar would give you splinters. The tables were chipped, and some were missing very large portions of what was once round tables. Parts of the walls were busted in from fights gone by, and some still had dried blood splattered across them. It was a surprise that the bar was still standing. In the corner of the bar, was a bat pony, drinking cheap beer, with several empty bottles on the floor beside him. The bartender looked up at the bat pony, and yelled across the length of the bar.

“Night Drake, either go home, or buy another beer.”

Night Drake looks up at the bartender “First, you know I’m going to buy another beer, and second, I told you after number five don’t talk so loud. I swear if I didn’t like you I would’ve killed you by now.”

The bartender chuckled as he grabbed another beer from under the counter and walked over to Night Drake’s table. Night Drake put his face down onto the table, as he handed over a bit to the bartender, for the beer. The bartender pockets the bit, and looks at Night Drake.

“I don’t understand why you’re an assassin if you don’t like killing ponies.”

Night Drake moaned, popping the cap off the beer, and taking a swig.

“I don’t mind killing ponies, it’s just the pain I’ve caused to the ones still living that gets to me,” Says Night Drake taking another sip. “The poor bastard had a filly, I killed him right in front of his kid. What do you think that’s like seeing your own father being stabbed in front of you, and there’s nothing you can do about it?”

“So you left the witness?” Says the bartender.

Night Drake moaned again. “You know I don’t kill fillies.” He downs the last of the beer, and the bartender only shakes his head. “I think you’ve had enough for one night. What if you get another job, aren’t you taking jobs from the Luna army now these days?”

Night Drake leaned back on his chair. “I’ve been recruited as a spy, not an assassin, but that won’t stop me from killing those who get in my way.”

The bartender begun walking back towards the counter. “In that case you better get sober.”

Night Drake raised an eyebrow, “Why is that?”

“-Because you’re about to have a lot of work. Rumour is the war is starting, and my guess is if Luna hasn’t started preparing. She is about to.”

“How do you know this?” Asked Night Drake

The bartender chuckled “Drunks lips, make great stories.” And with that he walked into the back of the bar, leaving Night Drake alone.

Edited by DarkSonic1221

(edited)

(How do I roleplay I just make a story up?,I'm gonna give it a try but this is cool).

Crystal Honey came to her home in Crystal Empire she came in and sees this handsome stallion she goes and talks to him she saids "Who are you and why are you doing here?" she said to the handsome stallion that was unkown to her he replies "I'm John Mill".Crystal Honey replied to John Mills saying this "Then why are you doing in my house?" as she got worried she thought it was some stranger then a minute later John Mills replies this "You're mom sent me here she said you need a stallion".

Crystal Honey was unware of John Mills because what if John Mills is in another kingdom.So Crystal Honey said "If you know my mom say her real name please,We'll I do need a stallion but I need to know if you are from Crystal Empire not some other kingdom".John Mills replies "Her name is Heather Honey am I right?,We'll I'm single.I'm am from the Crystal Empire I was born in the Crystal Empire so don't worry and you are Crystal Honey right?".

Crystal Honey felt relived when John Mills said he was born in Crystal Empire and knows her mom's name so she replied "Yes you're right that is my mom's name,Yay! and yes I am Crystal Honey I was born in Crystal Empire to".John Mills replies "Can I stay over you're house with you?" he wanted to know more about Crystal Honey before he starts dating her.

Crystal Honey replied "Sure!" She was jumping up and down happily that she and John Mills might become a couple.

Edited by Felicia

(edited)

f9jhqp.jpg

Twilight Sparkle was tired. When the feud began, she had done her best to try to soothe over the other three princesses. "There's no need for fighting!" Twilight had exclaimed once, when she noticed Luna and Cadance's horns both glowing with magic once over a conversation about territory. That was petty. This was petty. Twilight shook her head, but it was impossible to get rid of those thoughts, and her feelings of dread. The winter in Equestria had lasted many years now- Twilight was unsure that ponies even remembered the Running of the Leaves, or a Winter Wrap Up. "Wrapping up winter?" A young foal would scoff now, if they had heard such a thing exist, "What does that even mean? You can't get rid of winter." Twilight was a failure. She could have stopped this war. She should have tried harder- the purple pony gave a sigh, and rubbed at her eye with her hoof. It was rare for Twilight to sleep anymore. The alicorn would wake up multiple times, shaky, fearing for an oncoming attack. She needed sleep. She needed to go to the library. Books would get her mind off things. They always did.

She had been so lost in her thoughts, she crashed into another pony- a large, well-built stallion with a brown coat and mane. His eyes were the color of a silver bit. She gave a soft smile of embarrassment. "Oh. Veto." She greeted the head of her council warmly, "I apologize."

The stallion moved away from her. He gazed at her as if she was no more than a filly annoying her. "Princess," he said, gruffly. "That was quite a speech you gave."

"Thank you," Twilight nodded her head, "I was hoping to inspire the ponies so-"

"Princess, it was not a compliment," his tone sounded bored. "The whole speech was quite frankly, idiotic. I'm surprised your foalish army was even roused by such words. Even they should have known that your words were chosen poorly." Twilight blinked, taken aback. Veto continued, "Next time, pay a better speech writer. This is a war, Princess, and we are counting on you to win for us. We aren't expecting peace and harmony at a time like this."

Twilight shook her head, "The speech, was about lifting my army's spirits, and I don't like you calling them--"

"Look at you. Rambling on as if we had all the time in the world." He swished his tail in annoyance. "Instead of wasting your time arguing, why don't you do something useful?" Veto began to walk off, but paused and glanced back at Twilight. He gave a small smirk, noticing the the Princess's look of hurt. "Like, perhaps, getting another speech writer." And with those final words, he left Twilight alone in the hallway. 

Twilight's eyes filled with tears. Why was she so stupid?  He was right- her speech was complete garbage.  She lowered her head, and continued walking onto the library. "Don't be stupid next time, Twilight." She mumbled to herself, "Next time, do better." She took a deep breath to soothe herself, then stepped inside the royal library.

@

Winged Glory

The pegasus pulled away from her kiss with the hexecutioner. "Thank you," Glory answered, her soft voice amused. "It's the one you gave me." War was boring. However, spending time with her marefriend, was not. The Hoof of the Princess was relieved that Princess Cadance had given her a bit off time to go visit the hexecutioner. Though, Glory was sure Princess Cadance was expecting some sort of 'business' meeting. A gentle smile eased onto her face. Oh, if only Cadance knew.. She was about to speak when she heard a knock on the door. In alarm, she rose. She gave a panicked glance towards Obsidian. But Cadance wasn't supposed to know. Nobody was. Glory moved away from Obsidian until they were no longer as close, and would appear to the pony as if they were simply conversing.

@@LordOfTime

Edited by Destiny
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Lit Fuse:

Running the training course along with the fresh recruits was no simple task. The trainees themselves, some being more cooperative then others were supervised by their respective commanders and instructors into running whatever drills their respective roles (and species) would make the most use of. The newest of the bunch, out of practice and out of shape had the dubious pleasure of feeling the sting of a grueling, physical workout. Raising a worthy army was no simple matter, and these proving grounds would be saturated with it's sweat for a while. 

Lit fuse's desire to do well in the upcoming campaigns was put to the test against taxing physical training. The stallion's expertise with magic did not translate well as a physical advantage, and it didn't help that he was forbidden to use his magic to... mitigate the routine. In reverse, however, it was his intention to do more and improve himself being the force driving him to excel in this effort. The gray unicorn's coat was logged and matted with hard-earned sweat as he finally was able to relax. There would be more of these regimes, he knew - and he'd have to be ready. For now, he would allow himself a moment to rest as he delves further into the more militant aspects of unicorn magic. The turquoise sheen of his magic wrapped a book filled with magic incantation and diagrams. He grew focused into the words as he paused, a thought dawning upon him.

"I should have brought a bookmark."

Edited by Terminus

@,

Last Shadow quickly became engrossed in his reading. "Ah yes, now I remember." He said aloud, "The trick is to remember that when one uses illusion magic, one technically does nothing." A vague reference to any who were unexposed to the art of illusion, but Shadow was far from unexposed. Soon, he was ready to flex his muscles, so to speak, and cast a few of his spells. He didn't notice the purple alicorn in his way and bumped right into her and dropped his book. "Ah sorry about that, I was a little too involved in my bo-" It was then that he noticed who this mare was, the ruler of the land, Princess Twilight. "Well damn."