Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Elements and Rainbow Power need to fail at least once....

TheMarkz0ne

In the show we have only had the Elements of Harmony fail about twice. Only Nightmare Moon and Discord were trumped by the Elements. Chrysalis and Sombra were defeated by conventional methods and teamwork. I want to see Rainbow Power falter so the show can have some tension. I don't want MLP to develop chaos emerald syndrome.

The only way the Rainbow Powers are going to fail is that their 'enemy' in question is not truly bad or bad at all and the mane 6 are misguided about said 'enemy'.

Rainbow power is most likely like the Spirit Bomb as its only going to defeat or nullify evil or its variants and not someone who is good or because the mane 6 'want somebody dead just cuz'. 

I hate to admit, but if it does fail once, that would be quite interesting.  Yet, if that were to occur, their enemy would have to be much more powerful to hold his/her ground against it. 

HINT: In my fan film.................it does fail........twice for that matter.

In the show we have only had the Elements of Harmony fail about twice. Only Nightmare Moon and Discord were trumped by the Elements. Chrysalis and Sombra were defeated by conventional methods and teamwork. I want to see Rainbow Power falter so the show can have some tension. I don't want MLP to develop chaos emerald syndrome.

The elements have never failed. Sometimes, they were simply not used. The mane six failed to reach the elements during the Changling Queen's assault on Canterlot and the princesses simply did not use them against King Sombra. They can also be used against those that might be good since Rarity and Rainbow Dash were prepared to turn Discord back to stone with no evidence of him turning evil and the elements seemed to respond to that wish.

Overall, the elements responded to the pure desire by the mane six corresponding with friendship. No friendship = no elements. But now Rainbow Power, which may be a purer form of the elements, is something that I assume may be summoned at the will of the bearers. They don't even need a physical object anymore so that now they can simply banish evil as long as all six of them are together.

Yess. It makes the show so interesting when they aren't able to use their power. I don't know how rainbow power could fail, though.

Chrysalis and Sombra were defeated by conventional methods and teamwork.

If you think that any and i repeat here ANY villain has been defeated without the help of some kind of deus-ex machina then you're wrong. Cadence and Shining Armor defeating Queen Chrysalis was tottaly a deus ex machina that none knew or expected. Sombra was also defeated by a deus ex machina aka the crystal heart. None of them were actually defeated by some sort of teamwork. And that's the dissapointing thing.

I think you give the writing team too little credit, though given the restrictive Mandate Hasbro has, I really don't blame you. This is why I'm both proud and peeved at Hasbro for sticking to their guns of MLP being a franchise for 5-13 year old girls. But hey little girls need well written material too.

Umm did anyone remember? In the first episodes of MLP Season 1.

I think they failed when Twilight put the elements on them and Spike but it doesn't work? I don't know if it's right but that's still a fail right?

That was Season 2, but yeah. The Elements Of Harmony only worked when there was harmony among the main six...

• Brohoof 1

the comics have the EoH even slighty more OP in that the mane6 can use some if its power without the trinkets :P

Wait... They're used in the comics? What am I missing? D:

My Little Pony: Deus-Ex Machina is Magic.

Not going to change anytime soon people. Its been like this the entire series. :lol:

Point taken... Three words:"Rainbow Of Light"

I think it would be interesting to see it fail once. Some friends were talking about Chrysalis, and how Rainbow Power might just make her stronger. She feeds off of love, and friendship and what not so a super powered blast of that stuff just might boost her. I could be wrong, but who knows?

Wait... They're used in the comics? What am I missing? D:

The mane 6 can use a lesser version of it when in close proximity (shown in the Nightmare Rarity arc). In the latest comic they have taken the EoH to the alternate Equestria (so it would take place befre S4)

Well considering Tirek was the most powerful enemy in the show we've seen and the Rainbow Power still defeated him Im not sure if there isn't anything the elements cant stop. If they did fail however I think that would add a whole new and interesting dynamic to the show

The mane 6 can use a lesser version of it when in close proximity (shown in the Nightmare Rarity arc). In the latest comic they have taken the EoH to the alternate Equestria (so it would take place befre S4)

Wow... Makes sense within the establishment of the series, but wow thanks writers for running with the new MLP Multi-verse...

Well considering Tirek was the most powerful enemy in the show we've seen and the Rainbow Power still defeated him Im not sure if there isn't anything the elements cant stop. If they did fail however I think that would add a whole new and interesting dynamic to the show

The elements failed only once, but that's because Discord disrupted the harmony of the mane 6...

Technically speaking the elements are not invincible. A weapon that requires the perfect formation between 6 components has it's flaws. In fact, it'll be enough if one of the bearers gets hurt or horsenapped to completely prevent the elements from being used.

That being said - According to the show, the Magic of friendship / Rainbow power is to be considered the strongest magic of all. If no tempering is occured with the elements or the bearers themselves, i believe the only way for it to fail is to be used against itself. Think about it, what if a group of villains emerge who are somehow able to represent the collective attributes of the elements of harmony? Nobody said the magic itself is exclusive to the main 6. The idea itself is hard to grasp, the villians will probably need to have somewhat complex characters as the magic of friendship is considered "good", for lack of a better term.