Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ya'know...i think that's offensive!

MrJK

I just re-watched the most recent episode (Dragon Quest) and as spike left on his journey, he had with him a knapsack and as time went on, a beard. As i looked at this, i shot back in disgust! How could they do this!? This is un-acceptable. How could they do this? This is a blatent disregard for the rights of those people, thos unfortunate people. I cant believe they would just go right out and insult....homeless people! I mean...look at him! He has a beard...and a knapsack....clearly taking a shot at the homeless. If that isn't, i don't know what is. I hope i have voice my concerns appropriately.

See how stupid this is?

Edited by DJ-JK
  • Brohoof 16

It is not an insult. Its a overused joke.

You can see this ALOT on american cartoons.

Edited by Vicke the Faceless
  • Brohoof 3

He has a beard...and a knapsack....clearly taking a shot at the homeless.

SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE BEARDS OR KNAPSACKS, CHECK YOUR PRIVILAGE.

Oh, god, it's Tumblr's SJ division.

Spot on discription of everything people did during the Derpy incident.

• Brohoof 1

I know right? Its outrageous! And look at Crackle, clearly another shot and the mentally handicapped! What do the writers have against those poor people!

• Brohoof 5

How dare they portray goats as absent-minded lackeys! Businesses need lackeys in order to keep their operations running smoothly because the real workers need to focus on their duties, such as making cute catchphrases and teaching assertiveness. Lackeys deserve better treatment and goats in MLP deserve better treatment.

• Brohoof 1

I know right? Its outrageous! And look at Crackle, clearly another shot and the mentally handicapped! What do the writers have against those poor people!

How dare they portray goats as absent-minded lackeys! Businesses need lackeys in order to keep their operations running smoothly because the real workers need to focus on their duties, such as making cute catchphrases and teaching assertiveness. Lackeys deserve better treatment and goats in MLP deserve better treatment.

Posted Image

IT BEGINS

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 4

I like how everybody who was against Derpy completely disregarded how racist Zecora's character is, and also didn't have a problem with the buffalo episode either.

If you're going to be offended by one thing, be offended by everything on that show.

• Brohoof 1

I like how everybody who was against Derpy completely disregarded how racist Zecora's character is, and also didn't have a problem with the buffalo episode either.

If you're going to be offended by one thing, be offended by everything on that show.

I'm offended by all of those things! :D

Edited by Krall
  • Brohoof 1

A) I don't think Zecora's character is racist at all. Her species is from Africa, hence the accent. Their culture consists of shamans and such, so hence her knowledge in potions and brews. How is it offensive to make an African based character a sort of "voodoo" witch? It's not even like she's evil.

If that's the case, I should be HORRIBLY offended every time I see a Canadian character portrayed as a Mountie who says, "EH" all the time.

B) I doubt it's possible to be offended by everything or nothing.

Don't go on Tumblr. People on there are offended by blades of grass, I swear.

TUMBLR: SOME PEOPLE AREN'T FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE GRASS WHERE THEY LIVE, CHECK YOUR PRIVILAGE.

• Brohoof 3

A) I don't think Zecora's character is racist at all. Her species is from Africa, hence the accent. Their culture consists of shamans and such, so hence her knowledge in potions and brews. How is it offensive to make an African based character a sort of "voodoo" witch? It's not even like she's evil.

If that's the case, I should be HORRIBLY offended every time I see a Canadian character portrayed as a Mountie who says, "EH" all the time.

Eh, I'm going to disagree, and also disagree that you can even compare a Canadian Mountie to how an African character is portrayed. And I'm not saying I don't like Zecora. She's one of my favorites. I just think her character is really stereotypical.

My main point here is that I hate how people pick and choose what to be offended by, especially when it's something ridiculous and not even offensive like Derpy, and then overlook everything else. I think we can all agree with that.

Edited by roomforapony

Eh, I'm going to disagree, and also disagree that you can even compare a Canadian Mountie to how an African character is portrayed. And I'm not saying I don't like Zecora. She's one of my favorites. I just think her character is really stereotypical.

First, sorry, the happy face wasn't supposed to be there D: It was supposed to be "B )" like I did A)...

And I think I can definitely compare. Not every single Canadian is a sap sucking, sheep riding, Eh saying patriot who has a heavy accent and wears a red uniform. THAT is stereotyping just as Zecora is a stereotype. It doesn't matter what race is being depicted, if it's being stereotyped it is JUST as offensive. To kind of use your own words, be offended by all or not at all.

She's also one of my favourites! I actually really like how she talks in rhyme, it's pretty clever

And I'm not saying I don't like Zecora. She's one of my favorites. I just think her character is really stereotypical.

It's true. But every character is, because it's a kids show.

Applejack is a stereotypical Southerner. Twi's a stereotypical nerd. Rarity is... etc. etc. etc.

I think it's okay for things to be stereotypical sometimes, because if you go into delving into everyone's depth and bredth, we don't have ponies, we have Degrassi. And no one wants Degrassi.

• Brohoof 3

My main point here is that I hate how people pick and choose what to be offended by, especially when it's something ridiculous and not even offensive like Derpy, and then overlook everything else. I think we can all agree with that.

I agree with you completely. I was surprised when everyone was offended by Derpy, but Snails is, essentially, the same type of character. But, no one seems to care about how Snails is portrayed on the show...

One of the reasons that I like MLP Forums is that there aren't that many whiners over here. Some of the other sites have people that complain about everything on the show that could even have a hint of being offensive.

To me, it is a cartoon, and it should not be taken that seriously at the end of the day.

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 1

Degrassi.

Posted Image

I agree with you completely. I was surprised when everyone was offended by Derpy, but Snails is, essentially, the same type of character. But, no one seems to care about how Snails is portrayed on the show...

One of the reasons that I like MLP Forums is that there aren't that many whiners over here. Some of the other sites have people that complain about everything on the show that could even have a hint of being offensive.

To me, it is a cartoon, and it should not be taken that seriously at the end of the day.

OMG EXACTLY. Why did nobody pay attention to Snails, either?!

I feel ya. It's a ridiculous cartoon about ponies. If I'm going to do any social activism (like the anti-Derpy people) I'm not going to do it with ponies, lmao.

• Brohoof 1

I believe Rainbow Dash is offensive because she flys and not all ligth blue people fly, that's a stupid racist stereotype.

Edited by Eenohay
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, I've been kinda shocked lately (especially with Ponychan) about how everything in the show is either offensive or that the show isn't good anymore. Only time I visit /show /on Ponychan now is when I want to be angry about something.

Some people are overanalyzing this show way too much, and thus have become over-sensitive about every little detail in the show. I really hope it stops soon.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think this was meant to be, and I don't think we should be taking it too seriously... I guess it is just another joke, the stereotypical wanderer and all... It will always end in someone calling someone else over-critical... Just look at the Derpy incident... We don't want another war.