Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Brony Documentary

FlyBunny

Here is the description:

Synopsis:

Vancouver-based voice artist Ashleigh Ball has been the voice of numerous characters on classic cartoons such as Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Cinderella and more. When Ashleigh was hired as the voice of Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash on the 4th generation installment of Hasbro's My Little Pony series, she had no idea she was about to become an internet phenomenon and voice celebrity among a very unique type of fan...The Bronies. The subculture of middle aged men who are obsessed with the show My Little Pony.

The documentary, A Brony Tale, not only gives us an inside look into the incredible niche world of these men, but also an intimate look into the courage it takes to just be yourself...even if that means liking a little girls cartoon.

It looks meh. Will probably just follow around the VA who's name I cannot spell and am to lazy to go copy paste.

It will most likely try to avoid being mocking.

And I have to ask, do we really need another documentary? We already have 1, plus several other un official smaller ones. This isn't some grand cultural movement, this isn't a new political party. Why the need for so much talk about fans of a cartoon?

Apparently people like these, premiered at Tribeca film festival and sold out in 7 minutes. I thought the one documentary I saw was ok but not a to die for film.

middle aged men

...What? I'd say the fandom's far more saturated with college aged men than middle-aged men. :wacko:

Anyway, not sure what to think. I heard about this a few months back, but I didn't know it was already premiering. IMDB lists it as a documentary and a comedy, so...hopefully that's an indication that there's a different spin being put on this particular film, as opposed to just a rehash of Bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Yup, I've followed it. To me it sounds much more interesting than the other one about bronycon. To be honest, I wasn't really a big fan of the bronycon documentary since it didn't show much of the fandom. Hopefully this one will.

It looks pretty cool, although it does look like it's mocking bronies (all in good fun, I'm sure, but still...) I wonder if it will say anything about Pegasisters. We deserve recognition too! :o

• Brohoof 1

Another one? Oooooookay.... I honestly find it to be a bit unecessary, but I won't complain. Seems cool.

Gotta love that tagline: "A film about men... who like My Little Pony", as if most people don't know. I could be wrong though.

I said this before ... I love being an outlier ... I mess with your data!

Fluttershy_yay.jpg

I don't really think it will explore anything new, but yeah I'll probably catch it at some point.

I literally just finished watching the first one, and now I'm all fired up. I'll be sure to watch this one.

(I'm serious, I moved immediately from watching the documentary to this site and saw the thread!)

I'm for a new documentary

The last (official) one is kind of outdated , but not so much that its inaccurate yet. It depends on whether or not the whole documentary is defining the word and explaining that bronies aren't pervs, or if its exploring the fandom and the principals its composed of

• 7 years later...