Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sombra...

NightGuard

(edited)

I guess this is important.. Well..watch this VERY old video.

I think GAK is somehow related to Sombra's past...I don't know..I can quite put my finger on it.

Edited by NightGuard

Being a FUGE Sombra fan I can't help but want to hate this video, but I end up laughing regardless. It's good for what it is.

Also, the gak thing refers to the gak commercials that played when "The Crystal Empire" first premiered. That commercial was repeated quite a few times, so it left a bigger impression than Sombra did on some bronies.

The KING shall have his revenge on GAK!

It kind of sucks that Sombra will be forever associated with GAK because of that. I watched the Season Three premiere on livestream and the jokes literally sold themselves.

Oh well, GAK or no GAK, Sombra is still a good character in my book, whatever the fans say.

• Brohoof 1

You're such a HUGE fan of Sombra that you even spelled HUGE Wrong... :P

Curse me and my NON-PROOFREADING!!!! ;_;

He had so much potential, and it was just thrown out the window (which is at least better than off a balcony  ;) ). Who knows, they might be able to sneak in a few comments about him and his reign to give him some substance. 

Fall of the Crystal Empire is clear proof that bronies are better at handling characters than the writers of the actual show.

I wouldn't agree with that entirely. I mean, yeah, Sombra was a badass through most of the clip, but he kinda lost his nerve at the end. At least in the show he was a driven, no-nonsense presence from beginning to end who had a goal and going for that goal at all costs.

In the Fall video, once Nightmare Moon showed up, he cowered. Yeah, she likely was more powerful, I have a hard time believing he would cower that easily.

I wouldn't agree with that entirely. I mean, yeah, Sombra was a badass through most of the clip, but he kinda lost his nerve at the end. At least in the show he was a driven, no-nonsense presence from beginning to end who had a goal and going for that goal at all costs.

In the Fall video, once Nightmare Moon showed up, he cowered. Yeah, she likely was more powerful, I have a hard time believing he would cower that easily.

That is an excellent point. I doubt Discord wouldn't have done that while facing Nightmare Moon.

That is an excellent point. I doubt Discord wouldn't have done that while facing Nightmare Moon.

Considering he was laughing while essentially painting a target on his chest as the Mane 6 were shooting their elemental rainbow power at him in "Return of Harmony," I doubt much would faze him...well, outside of Tirek and his silver tongue.

Uh...... Whats GAK?

Yeah totally lost

This commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mAgbCowYI8

This commercial ran numerous times during the season 3 premier, so the joke goes that Gak got more screen time than Sombra.

(edited)

I would've had him pull a Frieza:

Sombra: "Sometimes, it's the smartest who wins, not the strongest." *Makes the Empire vanish*

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I would've had him pull a Frieza:

Sombra: "Sometimes, it's the smartest who wins, not the strongest." *Makes the Empire vanish*

I love a villain like that. <3

Gotta love Sombra...and GAK!

Just wished he was at the end of the season. He just felt like he was there for filler. :(

I would've made him S3's Bigger Bad (NMM in Luna, the Alicorn Amulet, and the Cutie-Mark-swapping spell? All him.).

I would've made him S3's Bigger Bad (NMM in Luna, the Alicorn Amulet, and the Cutie-Mark-swapping spell? All him.).

I liked what one YouTuber speculated that like the One Ring was to Sauron, then the Alicorn Amulet would be to Sombra, especially considering how it was slowly corrupting Trixie more and more.

Might also include the "Inspiration Manifestation" spell. Sombra might be a good link with the various bits of dark magic. :)

You know, I'd love to see people make big fanfics and comics about the return of Sombra after his defeat in the S3 premier. Writers could do lots of interesting stuff to fulfill his potential. They could have lots of dark scenes and he'd have lots of great lines and speeches. He could also use a lot of awesome powers that we haven't seen in the actual show.