Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't watch the show.

Rain_Chaser

Title says it all. It's not that I don't like the show and all, in fact it's very good. But I just don't watch it, I prefer being in the community and all the fan made stuff. I just lose track of all the episodes.

Is anyone else like that? Or am I weird in my weird ways.

nope I became a Brony because of the show I love the community and I know its going to outlive the show but if I'm not caught up with the most recent episode then I will search every where on the Internet tell I find it

Neither do I. I stopped watching after season 3 because of how bad it has gotten. 

/opinions 

S3 wasn't all bad S3 E13 was terrible but the show is still great it seems to be doing a lot better 

(edited)

Not at all. To be honest, I've only watched up to the first two episodes of season 3 and still missing quite a bit of season 2. It's not that I don't like it, I just haven't gotten around to watching the others. I probably will at some point, but I also am here for the great variety of fanworks. I think the abundance and quality of the fanmade stuff is what really sets this fandom above the rest for me.

Edited by Lunatic Envy

It's fine, but it's probably highly recommended that you do, so you can actually get to know the characters before seeing how they are in fan works, but that's just me though.

• Brohoof 2

I don't watch FIM all the time, in fact I took like a year or so hiatus (not deliberately) from both watching it and being an active part of the fandom, but it wouldn't stop me from considering myself a part of the fandom. And honestly, I feel like this fandom is so incredibly diverse, and people grativtate toward it for so many reasons, I wouldn't think it strange if someone wasn't watching FIM as frequently.

I've watched all of seasons 1-3, but after like 4 episodes, sadly lost track and didn't have time to watch any besides the season finale lol. So yeah, in a way that's similar to your situation, but don't be embarrassed by that.

(edited)

Complete opposite here. Into the show but not fan produced content. Different strokes for different folks.  ;)

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 2

I've seen every episode. 

I watch it for the plot.

656709__solo_rarity_suggestive_screencap

Jokes aside, though, I personally won't judge you for not watching the show. Just don't be one of those "OMG ponies r gey im just here for friends" type people who join the community. Those people irk me - as long as you don't do that, I won't have a problem :D

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I've seen every episode seasons 1-3, but I've barely started 4, I think I've seen up to episode 5 or something.

I was going to start watching them as soon as they came out so I could be on track, but I've never gotten round to it.

I'm confused as to why quite a few people on here don't like season 4... Why, has it changed a lot or something? So far I think it's been pretty good.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

The amount of fan produce content is so massive that I think you really can be a fan of ponies without having seen the show. I think that everybody can engage in the fandom in different ways.

I personally don't consume a lot of fan made content, but I like talking about the show.

• Brohoof 1

I'm confused as to why quite a few people on here don't like season 4... Why, has it changed a lot or something? So far I think it's been pretty good.

why is your username Frasier Crane but your avatar is of Niles

Eh. I don't see too much S4 bashing on here, to be honest. Not as much as S3, at least. The show changed direction after S2. I personally like it, but some people don't. 

Season 4 was best season, in my opinion :D

Eh. I don't see too much S4 bashing on here, to be honest. Not as much as S3, at least. The show changed direction after S2. I personally like it, but some people don't. 

Season 4 was best season, in my opinion :D

̶B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶N̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶n̶y̶

I never really noticed a change after S2. If anything the show got better in S3, IMO.

That's it, I'm going to start watching S4 now. Can't wait for that finale everyone's been talking about! :)

• Brohoof 2

Just don't be one of those "OMG ponies r gey im just here for friends" type people who join the community. Those people irk me - as long as you don't do that, I won't have a problem :D

tumblr_m0coh2W2nd1r18bi7o1_500.gif

Woah wait.. There are people who do that?  :blink: Glad I've not yet encountered them! Maybe they are still closeted and still feel uneasy about liking the show. Wow. 

To be honest, I can really only be able to look at the fan made stuff since it's difficult for me to be able to watch the show.

It's difficult because I'd rather watch the show alone and uninterupted. I would usually watch the episodes on my PS Vita (Yes, I use that failure.) with the YouTube application if I want to watch it alone. 

Otherwise, I would use the PS3 with Netflix installed which is in the living room. Like I said, alone and uninterrupted.

But OF COURSE Hasbro had to take the videos down.

I would be able to buy the episodes online, if I had the money. It costs 30$ to watch My Little Pony, for 34,200 seconds.

So, for me: Sorta. It's just that I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED to watch an episode. When I do get the chance, it doesn't last long so I can only get so much out of the time.

I asked him that too, lol.

On topic, there's lots of folks who don't watch the show much and prefer the fan-made stuff, or even just come for the cammeraderie of the community.  And that's cool.  I get that.  Whatever floats your boat.  Is all good in the 'hood.  Hakuna matata.  Tomato tomoto.  Don't cry over spilled milk.  A bird in the hoof is worth two on the forums.