Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A problem with the banner

FadedSkies

The new banner size is very small and has a grey box around it when viewing the site

GywF7wT.png

I gave it a few days too see if anything will change and still nothing. I tried using a different browser like Safari and its still the same even on my iPhone. Its very weird because it looks fine for everyone else.

I am using Google Chrome by the way.

• Brohoof 2

Try disabling Adblock, Ghostery, and any other extensions you have and reload to the page to see if that resolves the issue.

Extensions like Adblock and Ghostery can damage a page like that if you use them improperly.

Try disabling Adblock, Ghostery, and any other extensions you have and reload to the page to see if that resolves the issue.

Extensions like Adblock and Ghostery can damage a page like that if you use them improperly.

Disabling Adblock and Ghostery did not work, even on other browsers like Safari which dont even have these extensions.

Viewing the site as a guest, deleting browser history/cache/cookies does not work either.

The new banner size is very small and has a grey box around it when viewing the site

img-2859725-1-GywF7wT.png

I gave it a few days too see if anything will change and still nothing. I tried using a different browser like Safari and its still the same even on my iPhone. Its very weird because it looks fine for everyone else.

I am using Google Chrome by the way.

It doesn't ''really'' look fine to everyone else, I'm also having that problem too. And I'm also using chrome. 

(edited)
It doesn't ''really'' look fine to everyone else, I'm also having that problem too. And I'm also using chrome. 

This isn't quite true. I can see the banner fine, and I have been able to since the banner changed. (I am using Chrome as well.)

I'm trying to thing of what else might be the problem, but I'm drawing a blank. Perhaps it's related to the server work Lavo is doing?

Edited by Not SCS
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not seeing the problem (also on chrome), so it's safe to say it's only effecting a portion of the community.

@@FadedSkies, @, What operating systems are you guys running on?

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not seeing the problem (also on chrome), so it's safe to say it's only effecting a portion of the community.

@@FadedSkies, @, What operating systems are you guys running on?

Im running on OS X 10.9.4

Even when im on my phone im still having this problem

Have you tried uninstalling, and reinstalling an updated version of Chrome? I'm using Windows myself, with Chrome and the banner is perfectly fine. 

(edited)

Im running on OS X 10.9.4

Even when im on my phone im still having this problem

I still seem to think it's your Australian ISP. As it's only happened since you flew over there isn't it? At least that's what I remember you telling me on Skype. 

It could also be a router setting, if you're using the WiFi for your phone. Unless your'e using a cell network for your phone and still getting the same issue.  If you're still getting the same issue either way on your phone, then my guess would be the Australian internet/ISP where you are.

Edited by :Flutterdash:
  • Brohoof 1

I still seem to think it's your Australian ISP. As it's only happened since you flew over there isn't it? At least that's what I remember you telling me on Skype. 

It could also be a router setting, if you're using the WiFi for your phone. Unless your'e using a cell network for your phone and still getting the same issue.  If you're still getting the same issue either way on your phone, then my guess would be the Australian internet/ISP where you are.

I kind of agree with this, there is some outside force at work since it's happening no matter how you try to view the site. I don't have any issue seeing the banner correctly on all my devices (Windows 7 netbook, Windows 8.1 x64 desktop, OS X Mav MBP, Android KitKat tablet and phone) no matter if I use Chrome, FireFox, or Safari. I have adblock and avast extensions running as well.

• Brohoof 1

I kind of agree with this, there is some outside force at work since it's happening no matter how you try to view the site. I don't have any issue seeing the banner correctly on all my devices (Windows 7 netbook, Windows 8.1 x64 desktop, OS X Mav MBP, Android KitKat tablet and phone) no matter if I use Chrome, FireFox, or Safari. I have adblock and avast extensions running as well.

Im really starting to think thats the problem because it only happened when i got here. I guess we will just have to see when i get back. 

• Brohoof 1

I the last few days I tried duplicating this myself in 8 different OS's each with multiple browsers and several versions of each browser. Nothing broke the transparency or dimensions. I did pull down the banner and looked at channels and saw nothing with the image itself. Finally I rigged a CSS and played with the banner there. While that did break the transparency, as expected the failure was seen across all OS and browser configs.

It doesn't sound like an extension or plug-in. It's not the OS, and it's not likely the browser. It is sounding like a firmware or ISP issue ... maybe a traffic shaping tool or Adblock is interfering with the render that is on your ISP side.

Have you gone to other sites and seen any unexplained artifact?

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @FadedSkies! I am simply hopping by to see if you are still experiencing odd shapes and transparency issues with the forum banner?

Everything seems to be fine now ever since this new banner has been put up. Thank you for checking in on me!

• Brohoof 3

Everything seems to be fine now ever since this new banner has been put up. Thank you for checking in on me!

This is great to hear! And you're welcome :)

I'm going to lock this topic for now, but should the issue arise once more feel free to create another topic thread or send in a support ticket~ :3

• Brohoof 2