Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mercenaries of Equestria: The Betrayal

dragon4111

"I may be a mercenary, nut that does not nake me into a hired killer. Learn the difference. Hit men are hired killers. We just get payed to do a job. It doesn't mean that we ar going to kill somepony always." As he says this, he gets into a more offensive stance, ready for whatever should be happeneing.

@@Gloomfury, @@dragon4111, @,

"Nice to meet you, I'm Shadow Star," Shadow Star replied. She viewed her fellow mercenaries with a practiced eye. She figured she could stand to work with these ponies for the moment. The snake pony, she viewed with interest. She had never seen such a creature before, tho she had heard of their existance.

"Oh, I'm not a killer," she said, airily in reply to his statement. "I'm a gambler by trade."

From the shadows, Acheron watched the new mercenaries appear one by one to join the little dysfunctional group he had had the... displeasure of working with. After the battle with Delia's possessed father, Acheron had slipped into the shadows to cool off without terrifying those around. Why was he chosen to work with a group that had only bickered with him and one another ever since the start of the journey?! Was Celestia truly that desperate, or was she just dumb?

There was one thing that caused him a surge of cruel glee though, and that was watching Delia murder Light Diamond in cold blood. He and the alicorn had never gotten along, and they became all but enemies to each other after Acheron tried to invade his mind for knowledge on his magical abilities. He had succeeded in obtaining it, but was forced to give it up so that the group could have a better chance of moving on. Things had gotten slightly better after that, but Acheron realized it wouldn't last. The alicorn reverted to his unfriendly ways, making Acheron hate him. He had given up precious knowledge, the least that winged and horned bastard could have done was try and work with him.

But now he was dead, and Acheron had some residual knowledge to claim before all remnants of Light Diamond's spiritual being faded away into the next world...

Emerging from the Murk, Acheron's horn glowed dark green as his eerie tendrils of dark magic emerged from it. They writhed and slithered their way to Diamond's stiffening corpse, wrapping around his horn to drain the remaining magic within. In a hateful action, Acheron stabbed through his head to pierce the brain itself, ripping it out before consuming it in a blaze of tainted magic.

"Good riddance," he hissed.

He saw Dimitri conversing with some of the new recruits in the distance. Now there was a respectable stallion, the only member of this team worthy of Acheron's respect. He had respected Acheron from the start and never had any problem with him even after Acheron revealed the true nature of his magic.

Acheron had to wonder how well these new mercs would work. He approached the group, not bothering to take names yet, simply deciding he'd make himself known to everyone.

(edited)

"Well they don't hear me," Draco said with a sigh. He shrugged slightly. "Oh hey Acheron decided to.....Really? Really? must you disrespect the dead?" he asked as he looked at Acheron with disgust. "Just for knowledge? Disrspecting the dead really Acheron?" he asked with an eye brow raised. "Well atleast your consistent," he muttered.

Edited by dragon4111

"Oh yes, especially when they are my enemies," Acheron said with a mocking sneer. Draco should be happy though, because at least Acheron did not do what he always did and perform some twisted ritual to claim the soul of the departed for himself or the Dark Realms. He probably should have though, there were a few demons there that would gladly accept an Alicorn soul in exchange for anything Acheron asked for.

"Not like our cowardly friend there really deserved any respect, especially from me. No matter. Who are these new recruits? Come to join our happy dysfunctional group, haven't they? I only hope Celestia chose wisely this time and didn't send any idiots to hinder us more than we've already endured."

"Oh yes, especially when they are my enemies," Acheron said with a mocking sneer. Draco should be happy though, because at least Acheron did not do what he always did and perform some twisted ritual to claim the soul of the departed for himself or the Dark Realms. He probably should have though, there were a few demons there that would gladly accept an Alicorn soul in exchange for anything Acheron asked for.

"Not like our cowardly friend there really deserved any respect, especially from me. No matter. Who are these new recruits? Come to join our happy dysfunctional group, haven't they? I only hope Celestia chose wisely this time and didn't send any idiots to hinder us more than we've already endured."

Draco rolled his eyes "Way to insult a griffon merc, a gambler, a naga pony, a native of Saddle Arabia, and a viking pony. Way to go," Draco said with sarcasm clapping his hooves together. "Still acting superior to other's Acheron?" he asked sarcastically as he needed to rib the bastard.

"Look, your magic may be good for your necrophilia or whatever it is your doing, but I would rather not shredding any of us yet. So keep the comments to yourself. Especially as I have said, the contract is what matters. If t said I had to dance like a pop starvto a zonbie song, then that us what I would do." He says glaring.

"Insult? Oh no, if I intended to insult any of them I would have used some definite scathing words," Acheron said as he rolled his eyes at Draco. The idiot pegasus was always jumping to conclusions just as quickly as he'd jump into bed with a five bit whore from a back alley.

The unicorn turned his attention to the individual that had spoken up... about not shredding each other even though he just tried to take a small stab at Acheron. He had to smile at the irony.

"I really have no interest in adding more bickering members to this group, but you'd be wise to actually think on what you're suggesting before making another ridiculous comment like that."

"Sigh, why can't I get a contract to guard something? No, it s always, find this thing, go save that pony. Look, all I know is I was paid to come out here and gelp you. Looking at all of that are here, your own attitude appears to need readjustment." As he ays this, he pulks iut a cigarette and lights it.

Shadow Star was simply amused at the sniping going on between the stallions. She thought ruefully back of the older stallion who had swept her off her hooves, and who had been much like this. Of course, this was afterwards when he had gotten what he wanted, and had no reason to continue the charade. Shadow Star had been upset when he'd left her, but now she had lived long enough to understand that it had been for the best.

She smiled at the stranger as she lit up her own cigarette. "My, stallions are so quarrelsome," she said. "Still, if the money is right, I am willing to work with anypony."

(edited)

Draco sighed as he walked away from the two "Alright ponies and griffon we need to get going to the griffon kingdom," Draco said as he looked at his map. "To do that we need to fly. I sent for a carriage for those of you who can't fly or an't fly long distance," Draco said as he explained. "I will pull the carriage," "If you don't like it tough luck. Because you can't get there without flying. Or if your up for walking it'll take a month to do it,"

Edited by dragon4111

"I can fly, luckily. And I am glad you did not ask me to carry that carriage, after all, they were meant for pegasi, not griffons. So, where are we heading? I personally would rather finish this job quickly." He looks around, staring at his new allies, expressionless.

Shadow Star shrugged. "I would prefer to teleport, personally," she said. "But if it makes everypony feel better that I travel in a carriage, then I'm not too bothered. I could do with some relaxation, anyway. Plus, I suppose I had better send a message to my son."

(edited)

Draco chuckled slightly and said to Shadow "To teleport there from here would drain you completely. And by that you die," Draco said as he sighed "Anyhow," he said as he rubbed his sore neck. "Hey Dimitri got any herbs for the pain?" Draco asked as he felt sore all over but there was no time to nurture his wounded body.

@Gregory House

Edited by dragon4111

"No, I has nothing of any use. You going to have to tough it out my friend." Dimitri sighed as he scrounged through his backpack. Nothing really medically relevant in there anymore. "You want a drink of something?" Dimitri feigned a laugh as he pulled a bottle of vodka from the bag and shook his head slightly. "I should have brought more things instead of this...this.." Dimitri placed the bottle on the ground, put a hoof on his forehead, and sighed again.

"I have a few painkillers, the way I see it is your an injured ally. And an injured ally is never going to get tge job done. However, these will not.fix anything, merely dull the pain. And if you are gonna be drinking vodka two things. I thonk we need a different flyer and where's mu shot?" He says laughing.

Draco looked at the griffin. "So should I strape you into the carriage and pull us?" Draco asked sarcastically.  "I'm alot tougher than you think," he said as he sighed "Yeah I'll take a shot Dimitri," Draco said as he rolled his shoulders "And it's fine your dealing with stress right now," he said. "Delia you've been quiet for awhile now,"

@,

Asator smiles wider as he looked over the red stallion with the respectable beard and accent. Asator wasn't exactly the best at analysing ponies, but by the way Dimitri carried himself Asator felt like they were going to brothers in arms.
"Not many ponies know we exist. Some of us tend to stick closer to home. I am one of the special cases. I ventured out of the village to make my own story." Asator explained.
He couldn't help but to feel fascinated by Dimitri's tongue. He smiles as the red stallion speaks a foreign word and speaks oh where he was from.
"Fascinating! I only heard a few words of that land. Is it as cold as they say it is?" 
Asator looks at the other pony that came upon them and shuffled closer to Dimitri, a little weary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@@dragon4111,@,

Delia walked behind Draco and spotted a some what familiar face; it was Acheron. Delia remained a bit stoic in front of the outsiders as they conversed. She began to remember how conceited some of them sounded to her. Delia began to grow tired of some of the outsiders and how they would act superior in front of her. 
"Acheron, always a pleasure to see you. I hope you wont judge me for killing off something that slowed us down."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidewinder hissed at the ponies, leering at them. He began to wonder why he was here. He looked at the pony who spoke of insults and shook his head. He was not going to be like them. He was not going to judge and keep hate in his heart. Sidewinder moved his tail around from side to side and observed the group. They had their quirks, that much he knew; but he wondered if they had it in them to accept him, a snake pony.

Dimitri handed Draco the whole bottle and smiled. "All yours. I not need anymore of that stuff. I need to have my wits about me..." He put his backpack back on and then turned to look at Asator. "I left my home because I was tortured, and persecuted as fugitive. Land was taken over by dictator, unicorns are hunted down. Bad things are still happening there...." He sighed as he had to bring up his past again. He was sick of mentioning it by now. "When I was young it was a beautiful place though, and yes is very freezing cold. Always snowing, always ice everywhere. You never see the grass......but I like it here in Equestria better to be honest."

With a wishful smile he laughed. "I not like the government, or the weather at all. I love it here because this is where I met my wife."

Draco nodded as he smiled. "Ah here is your guy's ride," Draco said as a large carriage rode in. a large pegasus looked winded. "Look how many times have I told you idiots," Draco said as he looked at the pegasus. "Use the high winds to conserve your energy," Draco said as he face hoofed. "Just go home," he said as the pegasus looked happy at that and left quickly.

Draco strapped himself into the harness. "Alright every pony and naga pony ALL ABOARD,"

"Ill fly myself, if you need to swap out let me know. I am pretty sure I can at least grab the harness and pull the damned thing if I need to. That, and I may not seem it, but I don't feel like having any of y'all dying on me. Anywho, where is the target? And what can we expect heading in therw?"

@,

Asator frowned as he heard the plight of Dimitri's homeland.
"I am sorry to hear that. If you would like a warrior to help you take back your land, I would be happy to. I don't recall if I mentioned this or not, but I love to fight. I wouldnt be doing you a favour, you would be doing me one. The decision is up to you." He explains as the carriage pulls in.
Asator looks at the pegasus pulling the cart and then at the cart itself and smiled. He was used to trotting to his destinations and being a little winded. Now, he would be pulled, as if he were nobility. Asator quickly hopped into the carriage and made himself comfortable. 

"Join me in this carriage, Dimitri! Tell me more about your soul mate."

--------------------------------------------------------

@@dragon4111,
"Hapana." Delia said.
"I do not wish to partake in riding in a carriage pulled by somepony else. If anything, I will pull the carriage." Delia responds with a look of disgust on her face.
Delia wasnt one to choose the easy way of doing things. She instead took the harder ways, thanks to her upbringing.

----------------------------------------------
"I agree with the zebra. I will slither along the ground...besides, i would take up too much room on the carriage." Sidewinder replies. 

@,

Asator frowned as he heard the plight of Dimitri's homeland.

"I am sorry to hear that. If you would like a warrior to help you take back your land, I would be happy to. I don't recall if I mentioned this or not, but I love to fight. I wouldnt be doing you a favour, you would be doing me one. The decision is up to you." He explains as the carriage pulls in.

Asator looks at the pegasus pulling the cart and then at the cart itself and smiled. He was used to trotting to his destinations and being a little winded. Now, he would be pulled, as if he were nobility. Asator quickly hopped into the carriage and made himself comfortable. 

"Join me in this carriage, Dimitri! Tell me more about your soul mate."

--------------------------------------------------------

@@dragon4111,

"Hapana." Delia said.

"I do not wish to partake in riding in a carriage pulled by somepony else. If anything, I will pull the carriage." Delia responds with a look of disgust on her face.

Delia wasnt one to choose the easy way of doing things. She instead took the harder ways, thanks to her upbringing.

----------------------------------------------

"I agree with the zebra. I will slither along the ground...besides, i would take up too much room on the carriage." Sidewinder replies. 

"That is not possible my dear Delia," Draco said as he looked at her from the harness. "Because we are flying there. Only way to get there anyhow. They live up in the tallest mountains," Draco said "And it's cold anyhow don't worry about room this one has a enchantment that'll make more room depending on the size of the pony," Draco said.

@, Shadow Star smiled at the snake pony. She found him quite interesting, and felt that he would be good to talk to. "You can come in the carriage, surely?" she said. "Sit by me. I accept everypony, cuz of my own experience of ponies not accepting either myself or my foal. Life's far too short for silly things like that."

@@Pripyat Pony,
Sidewinder looks over the dark blue pony and hisses happily. Is this true? A pony who will not judge him for being a monster? Sidwinder slowly slithers into the carriage and sits beside the friendly mare.
"It isssss good to hear sssuch wordsss. I am Prin....," Sidewinder coughs a bit, "SSSSIdewinder...I am known assss Ssssidewinder. What are you called?" He asks, making sure his tail didn't hit the others.