Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ok, what's the difference between Derpy and Reeka and Draggle?

ManaMinori

Serious question. In G1, there were two female witches, Reeka and Draggle, who had dopey voices and were continuously screwing up things; bumbling, and accident prone, and getting yelled at by their mother for their idiocy. Now, can someone please tell me how these to characters are any different from our beloved little muffin-eating mailmare, Derpy Hooves, who has exactly the same traits and voice to her? (and what about Snips and Snails? How are they any less "offensive"?)

Well, there was less of movement to be more sensitive in the 80's, so that explains the G1 issue.

Derpy vs Snips and Snails ... well ... no ... I'm not touching this with a 40 foot pole.

The witches and Snips and Snails were designed to be stereotypical dumb dumb characters though I can let those witches go because that was back in G1 when people didn't freak out about this crap like they do now. But Snips and Snails staying yet Derpy getting censored rubs me the wrong way too because if any characters are a joke at the expense of the mentally challenged it is them. They are not as bad as Uncle Grandpa from that abomination on Cartoon Network that bears his namesake at least. Aside from all that the real difference is that Derpy was never intended to be a stereotypical dumb dumb character, clumsy and wall eyed yes but that is not the same thing as being stupid.

• Brohoof 2

Well, there was less of movement to be more sensitive in the 80's, so that explains the G1 issue.

Derpy vs Snips and Snails ... well ... no ... I'm not touching this with a 40 foot pole.

but those were olden days! You don't see people still dancing around saying the names of certain body parts on tv nowadays, like they did back then- why are people being more sensitive to stuff that shouldn't be as controversial now, when you think stuff like that would've been more taboo back in the days of yore?

• Brohoof 1

but those were olden days! You don't see people still dancing around saying the names of certain body parts on tv nowadays, like they did back then- why are people being more sensitive to stuff that shouldn't be as controversial now, when you think stuff like that would've been more taboo back in the days of yore?

Political correctness is one of the biggest culprits, a lot of people try to masquerade just how "enlightened" and "tolerant" they are and lord it over people when they are a bunch of pompous asses who just like to bitch and complain about everything and boss people around. Political correctness was around back then but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now, just go to certain parts of Tumblr for 2 seconds and you are going to see exactly what I am talking about.