Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Analyst Collaboration Nation

Telling Detail

Wow, first active post beyond the welcoming plaza and I'm already trying to step up my game, that's new...

Anyways the point of this thread is to discuss analysis collaboration opportunities, make some connections, and basically to help each other.

I heard this at Bronycon and I am deciding to take the advice to heart "Success is half what you know and half who you know, friendship really is magic."  I started this topic because I see one big problem in the analysis community: too many bronies were going it alone and didn't know what they were doing. I see too many comments on the youtube videos of notable members of the analysis community where somepony is all but begging for help and collaboration--when that's just not how this works. So I'm starting a skype group for all bronies who want to be a part of the analysis community but don't have any connections. The point of this group is to make connections, friendship is magic after all. And don't worry, we'll help you find people to draw your OC for your videos as well. Another concept I'll emphasize with this is group discussion, because higher thought between people usually leads to better ideas for videos and is generally just a lot of fun. 

If you're in any way interested then send me a PM with your skype name and I'll add you.  

If this seems a bit flimsy in concept and execution right now, that's because it is. We'll improve and advance as we get settled down.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have a skype right now.

Might later.

Im not sure where my future is headed exactly, I want to do something smart, something productive, and have time to pursue other interests and my health.

But I enjoy thinking of ideas and offering random thoughts on ideas sometimes, but other times my thoughts can be irrelevant or inexperienced. 

Im sort of quiet in groups too. I guess. But I do believe who you know is important also.

But I lack motivation on my own projects, when others have projects that are superior to mine, and more experience under their belt.

What I might want to try is something different.

Like educational ytps.

The ytp aspect might overshadow the educational though lol.

But this reminds me of something I will google. Certain music affecting memories for studies and stuff. Some help for memorizing, some help for recalling. Its weird. So perhaps humorous animations for education. Except, I am not good at anything lol.

I can try everything. I can improve at anything. But I am not good at anything lol. Everybody starts somewhere I guess, Im not sure if this si the start I want though.

So are you looking to start a YT Round Table discussion series ... or a network of interested analysts who share ideas to create and improve their own content?

• Brohoof 1

So are you looking to start a YT Round Table discussion series ... or a network of interested analysts who share ideas to create and improve their own content?

I'm trying to do both, would you like to join us?

I don't have a skype right now.

Might later.

Im not sure where my future is headed exactly, I want to do something smart, something productive, and have time to pursue other interests and my health.

But I enjoy thinking of ideas and offering random thoughts on ideas sometimes, but other times my thoughts can be irrelevant or inexperienced. 

Im sort of quiet in groups too. I guess. But I do believe who you know is important also.

But I lack motivation on my own projects, when others have projects that are superior to mine, and more experience under their belt.

What I might want to try is something different.

Like educational ytps.

The ytp aspect might overshadow the educational though lol.

But this reminds me of something I will google. Certain music affecting memories for studies and stuff. Some help for memorizing, some help for recalling. Its weird. So perhaps humorous animations for education. Except, I am not good at anything lol.

I can try everything. I can improve at anything. But I am not good at anything lol. Everybody starts somewhere I guess, Im not sure if this si the start I want though.

Understandable, nopony can fault you for that. 

Once again, if you're interested then PLEASE send me a PM! That way your skype stays confidential to the group itself.

This sounds like a lot of fun. My Skype name is dragonwriterx. Though when you say analysis you mean like reviews of the series, fan made videos and such like what Silver Quill does I'm assuming. Yes? 

This sounds like a lot of fun. My Skype name is dragonwriterx. Though when you say analysis you mean like reviews of the series, fan made videos and such like what Silver Quill does I'm assuming. Yes? 

That's what I'm assuming it means, too.

Also, figure I might as well put this here: I'm hoping to do some comparing and contrasting between the values in FIM and my own Christian faith, seeing where they fit with each other and where they're at odds. The first video I'm thinking to do is an analysis of Rarity Takes Manehattan, focusing particularly on the moral (be generous even if people take advantage of it) and on how the ponies forgive Rarity after she treats them poorly.

Thoughts? Advice?

• Brohoof 1

That's what I'm assuming it means, too.

Also, figure I might as well put this here: I'm hoping to do some comparing and contrasting between the values in FIM and my own Christian faith, seeing where they fit with each other and where they're at odds. The first video I'm thinking to do is an analysis of Rarity Takes Manehattan, focusing particularly on the moral (be generous even if people take advantage of it) and on how the ponies forgive Rarity after she treats them poorly.

Thoughts? Advice?

I will support you fully in that, and it is an interesting view to have. Just make sure what you say accurately reflects what the Bible says in the context you choose to take.

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking of doing annalists for season 5...not sure how I am gonna do that when I don't have any editing experience...;_; oh well. I can dream....but for now I will probably do just written ones. ^^'

Scripts are the cornerstone of anything and everything you'll have to do in analysis. Written or video we're looking for analysts, and if you want to be a part of this then who am I to let your medium of analysis stop you? 

tried sending a PM and for some bizarre reason it failed, oh well. you can grab me on skype at joshua.merrick (not exactly confidential as its plastered all over the internet by now)

sounds like fun! I've wanted to do some videos for a while but I tend to sound too dry when I have nobody to bounce off. I've got quite a bit of video and sound engineering experience as well as art and musical composition, so if anyone in the group wants help with any of the technical jiggery pokery I'd be happy to lend a hoof.

looking forward to chatting,

Remmie

tried sending a PM and for some bizarre reason it failed, oh well. you can grab me on skype at joshua.merrick (not exactly confidential as its plastered all over the internet by now)

sounds like fun! I've wanted to do some videos for a while but I tend to sound too dry when I have nobody to bounce off. I've got quite a bit of video and sound engineering experience as well as art and musical composition, so if anyone in the group wants help with any of the technical jiggery pokery I'd be happy to lend a hoof.

Remmie

Welcome to the party, Remmie!

• Brohoof 1

Incidentally, is has anyone else done video/sound editing before? I'd be interested in having a talk about the style of video editing for something like this as I feel the current style most brony analysis vids take won't work as well for this and I think there are far better ways we can do it. I'd also like to throw out there that since a bunch of people don't seem to have skype, I ahve a TS3 server you can use if that would work better.

I'd also love to throw in things like sketches and improv skits to keep the feed fresh if anyone else is interested in that sort of thing.

I'd love to be part of that discussion, though not a Christian myself i've always found the religious comparisons to shows like this to be some of the most thought provoking because of how they usually deal with very old and set definitions of traditional morals.

and if anyone wants to feel free to skype me for a chat :yay:

You can tell from my "blank flank" label that I'm new to the forums---I'm not really sure what the "analysis" is that you're speaking of; is analysis a type of youtube video?

That's certainly one popular medium in which people do analyses, but I don't think it's the only one! You could do an analysis blog or something like that, too!

That's certainly one popular medium in which people do analyses, but I don't think it's the only one! You could do an analysis blog or something like that, too!

Thanks for clearing that up for me!  I might even do one myself if I weren't caught up in a programming project; I love the worldbuilding FiM gives us to work with.

• 1 month later...

SO sorry for being away for so long, I have competition season going on right now for marching band. I guess I should go through and pick everypony up :/

Remmie

Sorry, been away for a LONG time.I got your message. I'll add you now