Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else both a furry and a brony?

Inkscape

:/ do you not have pets?

Yes but I feel like an animal's decisions and compnionships are based of survival. Like herd creatures don't create herds because they want to chat will Bill from across the water hole, they do it so that when the predators show up Bill is the one being eaten and not them. On the topic of pets my pets only show uo when they want something, food, water, etc. other than that they could care less aboutmy existence...

Oh and niot to get back on track but could we get back on track? Are you my good sir of the furry mindset?

Yes but I feel like an animal's decisions and compnionships are based of survival. Like herd creatures don't create herds because they want to chat will Bill from across the water hole, they do it so that when the predators show up Bill is the one being eaten and not them. On the topic of pets my pets only show uo when they want something, food, water, etc. other than that they could care less aboutmy existence...

Oh and niot to get back on track but could we get back on track? Are you my good sir of the furry mindset?

so is playing only interacting with you for survival?

cats aren't social creatures, but they still are able to make friends and play.

animals get bored just like people do, so yeah they do just chat it up at the water hole XD

and yes i am

• Brohoof 1

Sorry...

I am a like minded individual for I am a furry extraordinare!

My first furry crush was Maid Marian from Fox Robinhood

970471_1331230145332_full.jpg

I swear though everyone's first furry crushes were Renamonm or Krystal from Starfox.

My first furry Crush was Kovu from The Lion King II. I was like 6 years old, but them animators made him handsome. It's the anthro qualities. And the VOICE. Sexeh voice! But there's something for the anthro qualities. I mean I think I can make a safe assumption that 99% of furries (Or bronies) aren't into beastiality... that's just... no. Just no. >_>

• Brohoof 2

so is playing only interacting with you for survival?

cats aren't social creatures, but they still are able to make friends and play.

animals get bored just like people do, so yeah they do just chat it up at the water hole XD

and yes i am

Interesting that even though we both are furry our views contrast so greatly... Also I don't play with animals because I have terrible luck with them... I have so many cuts, bites, and scars...

Interesting that even though we both are furry our views contrast so greatly... Also I don't play with animals because I have terrible luck with them... I have so many cuts, bites, and scars...

well if you don't play with them, of course they're not going to play with you XD

• Brohoof 1

If we define it like this, that's fine. But I just don't identify as a furry at all. No offense, but it's up there with Anime in things I just don't like at all. I do call myself a Brony and if others want to call me a furry I don't care, but I don't call myself one.

That's kind of a key statement and I wholeheartedly agree. 

I like the Libertarian Party platform but I do not label myself as a Libertarian, therefore I am not.

I like MLP, and self identify as a Brony. Therefore I am a Brony

I like Macross, but do not consider myself an anime fan

I like Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, etc. I am not a furry.*

It's really that simple.**

*Interestedly enough I did have a little crush on a cartoon mouse back in the early 90's and if it didn't dissipate I might have actually self identified as a Furry. Maybe I missed an opportunity to actually have a waifu. Can you have am ex post facto waifu?

** actually, it's probably more complicated only because of the amount of crossover you find between communities.

• Brohoof 6

I mean I think I can make a safe assumption that 99% of furries (Or bronies) aren't into beastiality... that's just... no. Just no. >_>

I for one am borderline beastiality... like personally I wouldn't do it but the idea intregse me like what would compel somebody to marry their dog?

oh and because why not

Favorite Furries: (essentially my waifu list)

Panne - Fire Emblem

tumblr_mwrxlyV2yW1t0zs6do1_500.jpg

Chevre - Animal Crossing

Isabelle - Animal Crossing

Mikhaila - OC

Artica Sparkle - NSFW OC

Baabra - Animal Crossing

Princess Ruto - Legend of Zelda (People count anthro sharks I'm counting Ruto!)

Medli - Legend of Zelda

Edited by Ami Mizuno
  • Brohoof 1

I think there's a lot to be said about how identify yourself. I was into things considered furry a long time before I actually considered myself one. I went to my first convention in November, fell in love with how kind and open everyone was in the community that I fell all in. Now I'm commissioning a fursuit. XP 

• Brohoof 1

Now I'm commissioning a fursuit. XP 

That's actually the one thing I refuse to do as a furry. I can handle the ears, the tails, even the leashes (is that furry or just me?), but I will never do a full fur suit... they're just odd to me.

Aye, I am both Furry and Brony.

I am more into the furry fandom a bit more than the brony fandom. Mostly because the furry fandom is a little more open-ended, with more original creations and all that, as opposed to being based around a franchise like the brony fandom.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

Furries are welcome to do their thing, but I find it a tad odd

We're on a forum centered around talking, magical little horses with pretty pictures on their butts. We're all a special kind of odd here.  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

We're on a forum centered around talking, magical little horses with pretty pictures on their butts. We're all a special kind of odd here.  :derp:

Yes, of course, I'm mostly talking about the furry equivalent of cloppers as opposed to furries as a whole.

• Brohoof 1

I've nothing against you like I said lol I just don't understand you. You're welcome to carry on living your life as you please :P

Simple fur is sexy.

tumblr_m3qlfjAQzJ1r925sdo1_500.jpg

I'm just lucky my girlfriend accepts my furryness.

Edited by Ami Mizuno
  • Brohoof 1

Let's get one thing and one thing straight. MLP is not furry.

Furries fall under only one level of features. Human like appendages with animal like traits.

MLP falls under small, miniature, pastel colored horses with no traits of human appendages. Basically, animals, not anthro.

People who make these quick accusations that liking an animal falls under liking giant body building squirrels and turkeys with feet and hands need to get themselves checked immediately.

With that said, I have no problems with people who like both of the fandoms. That's fine in my book.

But if you compare horses that don't have any human appendages and are what they are: ponies, to things like giant, muscualr, anthropomorphic creatures, than you need to double check to what a furry means to yourself.

• Brohoof 1

Furries fall under only one level of features. Human like appendages with animal like traits.

MLP falls under small, miniature, pastel colored horses with no traits of human appendages. Basically, animals, not anthro.

People who make these quick accusations that liking an animal falls under liking giant body building squirrels and turkeys with feet and hands need to get themselves checked immediately.

With that said, I have no problems with people who like both of the fandoms. That's fine in my book.

But if you compare horses that don't have any human appendages and are what they are: ponies, to things like giant, muscualr, anthropomorphic creatures, than you need to double check to what a furry means to yourself.

Me thinks he did miss the entire discussion about what counts as furry from before.

There is a category in the fandom for characters that resemble a normal animal, but speak, or do other human like things. Term is called "feral." I think MLP isn't furry, per-say, though there is some overlap, but a lot of fandoms overlap a little. :3

That's actually the one thing I refuse to do as a furry. I can handle the ears, the tails, even the leashes (is that furry or just me?), but I will never do a full fur suit... they're just odd to me.

I don't know about odd, but I can't imagine a fursuit is comfortable at all. :blink:

It's funny because a friend of mind isn't a furry per se ... but she does make commissions for costumes based around CATS (the broadway musical). I don't know if that counts, but they do have meetups and go in costume. Those costumes seem a lot more forgiving to wear all day. 

• Brohoof 1