Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you still watch MLP if...

Bronyshock

No it'd be real war. With bullets and bombs and ponies dying all around you. I'd watch it if the writing was good and it was realistic. But your version I wouldn't watch. No offence.

And I likely wouldn't watch cute Jew Ponies getting shuffled to their death in Bergen-Belsen either. So we shall call it even. :D

• Brohoof 2

And I likely wouldn't watch cute Jew Ponies getting shuffled to their death in Bergen-Belsen either. So we shall call it even. :D

Now that wouldn't be shown. It would be in the Pacific not Europe. But wouldn't hurt to make it dual wield. One side is the marines fighting in the Pacific on Okinawa and the army fighting in Europe. And those Jew ponies wouldn't really look ...cute.

As long as there is quality writing and character development, it wouldn't matter too me if they were in Hell fighting off demons. ;)

And those Jew ponies wouldn't really look ...cute.

:confused:

Now that wouldn't be shown. It would be in the Pacific not Europe. But wouldn't hurt to make it dual wield. One side is the marines fighting in the Pacific on Okinawa and the army fighting in Europe.

Now that my attempts at taking the established framework of the series and combining with any of the Theaters in WW2 are done, no I would not watch the concept you proposed. I love history, and have read through dispatches and letters from the Pacific Theater courtesy of the LOC image site. I wouldn't be interested because it would no longer be My Little Pony. I'm criticizing the idea per se, just that I have no interest in combining something that gives me a innocent and youthful feel with any human conflict like World War 2. To be fair you are talking to someone that doesn't read grim-dark fics either (I avoid Cupcakes for example). I don't judge people who do ... just not my thing. You know?

• Brohoof 2

:confused:

Now that my attempts at taking the established framework of the series and combining with any of the Theaters in WW2 are done, no I would not watch the concept you proposed. I love history, and have read through dispatches and letters from the Pacific Theater courtesy of the LOC image site. I wouldn't be interested because it would no longer be My Little Pony. I'm criticizing the idea per se, just that I have no interest in combining something that gives me a innocent and youthful feel with any human conflict like World War 2. To be fair you are talking to someone that doesn't read grim-dark fics either (I avoid Cupcakes for example). I don't judge people who do ... just not my thing. You know?

The jews in the holocaust were starved and shaved and riddled with lice and disease. Very disturbing and cruel. I'm also not a fan of grim dark fan fics. But if the writing was good and all of it made sense and it was entertaining would you watch it. Concentration camps would be like Dauchen and it would be a joy full moment considering they would be liberated. They would also be showed once. Also its not the German army its the US army.

It was set in World War II? Like it would be like The Pacific HBO mini seris. Would you still watch it? I for one would still watch it. Who knows if it was like that, could be interesting. So would you still watch it?

But the show is already interesting. It's why watch it. If I wanted a war themed show, I'd watch MASH or Saving Private Ryan, or other similar shows/movies. I watch MLP for the story, characters and the lack of violence in it.Which there's too much of in most cartoons/TV shows.

Sorry, but I don't like seeing the cute and adorable, pastel coloured ponies, I've grown to love, exploding and dying. There's other TV shows I can watch, if I wanted to see that...and one is called "Happy Tree Friends". Though that's more dark humour than realism. 

So no, I probably wouldn't watch it. Not a fan of grim dark, which is essentially what this WWII setting sounds like it'd be.

Excuse me while I snuggle Fluttershy and tell her everything is fine. :blush:

Edited by :Flutterdash:
  • Brohoof 2

But the show is already interesting. It's why watch it. If I wanted a war themed show, I'd watch MASH or Saving Private Ryan, or other similar shows/movies. I watch MLP for the story, characters and the lack of violence in it.Which there's too much of in most cartoons/TV shows.

Sorry, but I don't like seeing the cute and adorable, pastel coloured ponies, I've grown to love, exploding and dying. There's other TV shows I can watch, if I wanted to see that...and one is called "Happy Tree Friends". Though that's more dark humour than realism.

So no, I probably wouldn't watch it. Not a fan of grim dark, which is essentially what this WWII setting sounds like it'd be.

Excuse me while I snuggle Fluttershy and tell her everything is fine. :blush:

Don't knock it till you try it. Flutts would be a perfect recruit in it. Scared and everything but would never die. But you're entitled to your opinion. Also grim dark. I don't like it either. War stories however I do enjoy.

We've been asked this same question before, just with different Xs and Ys.

"Would you watch a show about colorful, talking ponies in the world of Equestria?"

"Would you read an epic-length fanfiction about ponies after the apocalypse?"

"Would you watch a movie about the pony characters in a human high school?"

"Would you still watch MLP if Twilight drank Red Bull and grew Wings?"

"Would you watch another movie about the pony characters in high school?"

This is no different. And so, my usual reply stands: "Is it any good?"

• Brohoof 1

Not at all. My Little Pony has always been about a utopia of talking horses, so seeing a World War II premise would be really off-putting. Not to mention that war makes me really nervous. D:

If it happens, then a WW2 x MLP: FiM crossover would be better off as a fanwork. I might give it a chance if others think it's good. -3-

It depends, it would certainly effect the innocence that drew alot of people to the show. And without the baseline show existing and establishing the characters, alot of the fun of a WWII FiM series would be lost, as without the show to show other factors of her personality Rarity would have very little to do in a war setting just by going the character description given in the first episode and on merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

As long as it was a sort of spin-off.

Almost like a viral fanfic. Otherwise, no, because it took away all the cheeriness. If it was a completely separate show, then I would definitely watch it. 

It was set in World War II? Like it would be like The Pacific HBO mini seris. Would you still watch it? I for one would still watch it. Who knows if it was like that, could be interesting. So would you still watch it?

Heck yes! That's one of my favorite time periods!

No, no I wouldn't lol.  It's really difficult to imagine it being a mostly light-hearted series with humor and friendship-centric lesson-learning were the characters distracted by, you know, war.  And every episode would doubtless be about the war, so there'd be limited variety.  Don't see the ponies having many slumber parties or fashion shows.  I enjoy MLP:FIM for what it is, and for some it serves as an escape from precisely the sort of thing you're suggesting it be thrust into.  But I think the Muppets + World War II might work, somehow.

And also, if you're seriously considering this idea lol, maybe you should just go watch a war-based film or series???  Instead of entertaining the thought of colorful, friendship-loving equines firing machine guns.  You don't need the ponies transplanted into absolutely everything. xD

• Brohoof 2