technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

No, just crashing(Optifine crashed just changing a setting once) and the game no starting at all with the shader mod.

Huh, maybe it's a problem with Java. It's not the most stable platform.

Huh, maybe it's a problem with Java. It's not the most stable platform.

It's weird because I remember ruinning rock-solid prior rto 1.7. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

It's weird because I remember ruinning rock-solid prior rto 1.7.

Maybe try re-downloading java, should be 64-bit and do a clean install of Minecraft. Obviously back up your saves.

Maybe try re-downloading java, should be 64-bit and do a clean install of Minecraft. Obviously back up your saves.

Did the clean install, I just updated Java and I'm going to try again.

Still not working, now I'm getting errors about missing Twitch libraries(which should even be a problem because it's not a vital component) 

Edited by Shoboni

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Still not working, now I'm getting errors about missing Twitch libraries(which should even be a problem because it's not a vital component) 

look in the folder where minecraft is might be a corrupted file even so i don't think twitch should break minecraft :/

also whats this weird thing on the front of my new computer that says e-sata

Edited by Epicwinner21

img-2260704-1-KkRhhut.png

Amazing signature by Lunia

lightning twirl: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lightning-twirl-r5694

Sugar blossom: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sugar-blossom-r5952

I should really do my homework.... OH look a notification

look in the folder where minecraft is might be a corrupted file even so i don't think twitch should break minecraft :/

also whats this weird thing on the front of my new computer that says e-sata

Minecraft has Twitch support now.

Those are data-ports that are used to hook HDDs and DVD/CD/Blu-Ray drives up, I would guess if it's on the outside it's for somehow using one externally. 

Here we go, it's for external drives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATAp

Edited by Shoboni

-Duncan McLeod.

Every time someone posts a link to Wikipedia, I end up reading about things for hours.

eSATAp → Serial port RS-232 → Parallel port → Biostar → ASUS → Gigabyte Technology → Origin PC → Falcon Northwest

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Every time someone posts a link to Wikipedia, I end up reading about things for hours.

That's me and Tvtropes.

Well kinda, some shit and drama happened that leaves a bad taste in my mouth about them now.

-Duncan McLeod.

i guess its for external drive backup 

Those are data-ports that are used to hook HDDs and DVD/CD/Blu-Ray drives up, I would guess if it's on the outside it's for somehow using one externally. 

i guess its for external drive backup

Edited by Epicwinner21
  • Brohoof 1

img-2260704-1-KkRhhut.png

Amazing signature by Lunia

lightning twirl: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lightning-twirl-r5694

Sugar blossom: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sugar-blossom-r5952

I should really do my homework.... OH look a notification

Does vanilla Minecraft run fine?

Does vanilla Minecraft run fine?

Yes(or even with every but the shader-core mod now)

-Duncan McLeod.

Yes(or even with every but the shader-core mod now)

Then it must be a problem with optifine/forge. As far as I know, most 1.8 mods are either still in beta, or really buggy. Are using optifine and forge together?

Then it must be a problem with optifine/forge. As far as I know, most 1.8 mods are either still in beta, or really buggy. Are using optifine and forge together?

No, I can't seem to re-locate the mod version of Optifine that doesn't make it's own profile altogether.

The 1.7 version along with it's version of the shader was doing the same thing

-Duncan McLeod.

No, I can't seem to re-locate the mod version of Optifine that doesn't make it's own profile altogether.

The 1.7 version along with it's version of the shader was doing the same thing

Huh, I dunno what else to tell you, then. I've never experienced anything like this before.

For some reason, trying to watch YouTube in 60 FPS on my main laptop makes it incredibly stuttery and laggy. I tried installing the LXLE Linux OS and it works fine on that, just not on Windows. I tried everything from tweaking settings in chrome to updating flash player, and none of it has worked. It's really strange.

Edited by Mouse

^ don't listen to this guy ^

For some reason, trying to watch YouTube in 60 FPS on my main laptop makes it incredibly stuttery and laggy. I tried installing the LXLE Linux OS and it works fine on that, just not on Windows. I tried everything from tweaking settings in chrome to updating flash player, and none of it has worked. It's really strange.

Youtube should default to using HTML5 now, so your version of Flash should be of no consequence.

Are your graphics drivers up to date (or installed?) The bulk of the video decode should be handled on your GPU, though to be honest unless your laptop is ancient the CPU should be handling it fine as well.

Is there something in the background taking up a lot of CPU?

I couId do that, but I'd rather not have to bother with that, so I decided to swap out the board (still A88X as per your recommendation), the CPU for one that includes a cooler, and a different case (needed to).

Here is the updated list. Slightly more expensive, but I'm still good for it. 

4GB Ram. No. That's obsolete in 2015, hell it was obsolete in 2011! 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. you really need at least 8GB in a gaming rig(16GB if you can squeeze it in the budget without cutting corners elsewhere)

Edited by Shoboni

-Duncan McLeod.

Youtube should default to using HTML5 now, so your version of Flash should be of no consequence.

Are your graphics drivers up to date (or installed?) The bulk of the video decode should be handled on your GPU, though to be honest unless your laptop is ancient the CPU should be handling it fine as well.

Is there something in the background taking up a lot of CPU?

My GPU driver is up to date, but strangely my CPU driver says it is from 2006. Which makes no sense because the processor in my laptop came out in 2012 or something. Should I try updating it? I've never heard of someone updating their CPU driver. Also no, nothing seems to be taking up lots of CPU power in the background.

It's also weird because watching 720p and 1080p at 30 FPS on other browsers has no problem. It can't be due to lack of power.

Edited by Mouse

My GPU driver is up to date, but strangely my CPU driver says it is from 2006. Which makes no sense because the processor in my laptop came out in 2012 or something. Should I try updating it? I've never heard of someone updating their CPU driver. Also no, nothing seems to be taking up lots of CPU power in the background.

It's also weird because watching 720p and 1080p at 30 FPS on other browsers has no problem. It can't be due to lack of power.

It might have something to do with the fact that Google Chrome uses its own built-in version of Flash instead of Adobe's. You could try switching them if you like: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-google-chrome.html

But then again, you could be using HTML5 video...

Are you using adblock by any chance?

Edited by Le Trashman

No updates to the CPU device driver that I'm aware of. Your lack of issue using other browsers seems to point to Chrome being the issue. Maybe try reinstalling it?

Do you get this issue with other video streaming sites (that still use flash)?

Edited by Lunatic Envy

@Lunatic Envy I've tried reinstalling chrome but it did nothing. It doesn't bother me much anymore, I can always just use Linux when I want to watch 60 fps.

Daring, do you mean your GPU isn't able to overclock very much?

Yeah. you really need at least 8GB in a gaming rig(16GB if you can squeeze it in the budget without cutting corners elsewhere)

I don't know any game that would require over 8GB of RAM. I see 16GB of RAM to be unnecessary unless you want to game but also want, say, +50 Chrome tabs open. The extra money probably could be better spent on other parts of the PC.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.