Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

I dont know about you guys but I'm having fun with Hardline despite what everyone else is saying. Payday Rip off? Dear god no. Just because it has bank robberies doesn't mean its like Payday. They are two complete different games. The campaign is fun in Hardline as its interesting instead of a war. MP is much more infantry based and fast paced than Bf4. They play similarly yes of course, but it isn't just a reskin like everyone seems to claim without even playing it. I like Payday for what it is (Or... well, PAYDLC as it now should be called) But payday does so much wrong that prevents me from actually playing it more. 

Don't just assume stuff about games if you haven't played them. Gamers are so arrogant and judgemental about everything without even trying it. "Oh, Its cool to hate on this game? Let me hate on it too because I wanna be edgy!"

I'm irritated when people say game X is copy of game X.

PAYDAY doesn't own the concept of law enforcers vs criminals.

This sort of statement I've seen many more times on COD games though.

-Black Ops II is a copy of Halo!

->Halo doesn't own the distant future setting.

->Black Ops II takes place in 2025, not 2500.

-Ghosts is a copy of Battlefield!

->Battlefield doesn't own the concept of destructible environments.

->Destructible environments in Ghosts is extremely limited anyhow.

-Advanced Warfare is a copy of Titanfall!

->Titanfall doesn't own double jumping and jetpacks.

->Gameplay style of AW feels much different from that of TF anyway (skirmishes vs larger battles).

-This COD game is ripping off of another COD game!

->Not really because it's still within the series and reusing features from older titles in the game is a common practice for most games.

Anyhow, I personally don't care if a game is unoriginal as long as it's fun (so in my opinion the games stated above except Ghosts). Otherwise we should bash on Cities: Skylines for copying SimCity.

• Brohoof 3

Otherwise we should bash on Cities: Skylines for copying SimCity.
 Cities: Skylines is better anyway. Especially if you're talking about SimCity 2013.

Cities: Skylines is better anyway. Especially if you're talking about SimCity 2013.

Which is why I think saying a game is copying another is largely irrelevant unless perhaps there's clearly no effort put into it. I do find it amusing that the copy of SimCity did much better than SimCity itself; is what SimCity should have been. Do plan on buying it eventually.

Which is why I think saying a game is copying another is largely irrelevant unless perhaps there's clearly no effort put into it. I do find it amusing that the copy of SimCity did much better than SimCity itself; is what SimCity should have been. Do plan on buying it eventually.

I highly recommend it, I never knew that building a virtual city and watching it grow could be so engaging.

I highly recommend it, I never knew that building a virtual city and watching it grow could be so engaging.

Are you going to post it? :3

I've found the game to be pretty easy thus far. In two of my cities, I've acquired so much money that I can basically do whatever I want. Right now I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to connect my industrial areas to my highways without the ramps bogging down from all the traffic.

Are you going to post it? :3

I've found the game to be pretty easy thus far. In two of my cities, I've acquired so much money that I can basically do whatever I want. Right now I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to connect my industrial areas to my highways without the ramps bogging down from all the traffic.

Sorry for the late response, but you know what I was talking about, Cities: Skylines.

Ok, I need help

Keep in mind that I have an AMD system and I have bent pins on an AMD CPU before

Earlier today, I attempted to clean the inside of my PC and reapply thermal compund on the processor.

The cleaning went well, however replacing the thermal compound, not so much.

When I was attempting to remove the stock heatsink/fan from the CPU I tried twisting it and wiggling it around to loosen the thermal compound, however since it has been almost two years since I installed the CPU and the heatsink/fan, the thermal paste had hardened.  When I did get the heatsink out, the processor was stuck to it.  I tried wiggling the processor free, nothing.  Then I proceeded to simply pull the CPU from the bottom of the heatsink, when it came free, pins were bent.  So after that I figured that there still may be a chance to salvage it, tried bending back some of the pins, it did not help.  So then I decided to see if it would work anyway, so I installed the CPU back into the socket, cleaned the thermal paste off the heatsink and the CPU, and applied some Artic Silver 5.

When I turned it on, nothing.

So now I have a couple options

1. I could order a new CPU with the stock heatsink/fan off of Amazon, however I may encounter difficulties installing it due to the fact that my case is cramped and the locking mechanism used in AMD heatsinks isn't the greatest.

2.  Along with the CPU, I could buy an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock one, however this will require me to take out the motherboard from the case, install the backplate, install the cooler, then put it all back in.  Also, because of my case, if I have to take out my motherboard, I have to take out the hard drive as well.

3.  Buy an Intel CPU and motherboard that together costs around $150, which is my budget currently.  I highly doubt that there are that many good options for Intel with a $150 budget.

The fans are moving, the system appears to be working, except for the lack of a video signal.  When I first built this computer, I bent the pins on the CPU i used then, thought it would work, experienced the same problem that I am now.  I would like to reiterate that I bent pins on my CPU, which is most likely why it isn't working

Edited by VictiniStar101

Yeah, at the time I bought the parts, I didn't pay attention to the fact that my case was sooo small and I also reasoned that I wouldn't need an aftermarket cooler.  Gives me another reason to seek a summer job.

Also the case is a Rosewill FBM-01

Edited by VictiniStar101

INTEL-DC-5.PNG

yep definitely no pins topkek

Those are technically PADS and the actual pins are in the Land Grid Array CPU socket on the motherboard. Intel Marketing is just *bleep*ing lazy and haven't changed their terminology from the Pentium 4 days with the changeover from Socket 478 (pins on chip, holes in ZIF socket) to LGA 775 (pads on chip, pins in socket).

Hello, followers of the false prophet GabeN! Today I shine you the light of the church of UbiEA!

What is the church of UbiEA, you may ask?
It is the one true church. Unlike the tyrannical Gabe Newell, Andrew Wilson and Yves Guillemot do not demand the depletion of your wallet on games on sale, and instead demand you buy all of their triple a titles at full price on release, play them regardless of working condition, and buy 99 dollar microtransactions for all of them! If you do not follow them, hellfire awaits!

• Brohoof 4

At least with Intel, there is somewhat less of a risk of you bending pins. sleep.png

I bent a pin on my AMD chip once. Bent it back with my fingers, but you could probably use one of those little red straws from cans of compressed air if you want to get all fancy.

Bent pins in an Intel socket are a little bit more involved.

Wow, it's been a while since this thread was last posted in.

Decided to watch some of Linus' upcoming videos early on Vessel... won't spoil much, but his son likes Noctua too.