Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville Novelists (1x1 between Rainbow Eclipse and Lucky Star)

Rainbow Eclipse

It was one of Riley Blythe's many monthly visits to Ponyville, and he was currently in the bookstore getting some comic books.

As he headed to the checkout, he noticed a book on the shelf. An adventure novel one of his bar buddies had recommended to him. It was by a pony named Lucky Star.

Riley shrugged, picked up a copy of the book, and added it to the pile.

~~~

He parked his fuzzy rear on a bench and opened the book.

It just so happened that Lucky Star was in Ponyville that day.

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse
  • Brohoof 1

LuckyStar who was a wanderer by necessity often made go to local bookstores his top priority when coming to a new town, and his arrival in ponyville was no exception as he made his way towards the little shop near sugarcube corner.

He was curious about the new books in this year, as an author and avid reader, Lucky Star liked to be in the know about such things.

as he approached a familiar book cover caught his eye, some pony was reading his novel.

Lucky had always found it awkward to be approached by fans, so he hurried by and into the store before the stranger could notice him. 

@@Lucky Star,

Riley noticed a blue stallion scurrying into the bookstore. "Hey you!" he called. "You must really like books, judging by how quickly you're running into the shop."

He held up the book. "Have you read this book? It's by a pony named Lucky Star. My friends tell me he's a great author."

"Imagine if he were here right now, listening to all the compliments I'm giving him..."

• Brohoof 1

"no I don' believe I've heard of him" said the blue colt, refusing to blow his cover.

with that he trotted into the shop with out another word.

this was where he belonged, surrounded by the peaceful books.

they were the best of friends keeping you company in the dead of night.

Lucky headed to a table in the back and sat down before deciding what he would like to look for. 

Edited by Lucky Star

@@Lucky Star,

Leaving his new books on the bench, Riley went back into the bookstore and went next to the pony. "Something grabbed your attention?" he asked.

The manager decided to look up. Being an avid book fan, he recognised the author almost instantly. "Hey, aren't you Lucky Star?" he called out to the colt.

Lucky put on a fake smile as he realized he was caught.

"why yes I am, he said to the manager." 

that's when he noticed the stranger from outside, there was no way around it.

lucky would have to explain his rudeness earlier.

with a sigh, he got up to speak with them.

Edited by Lucky Star

@@Lucky Star,

Riley blinked. "You are Lucky Star?" he restated. "Well, why didn't you say so?" Perhaps this author didn't think highly of his work, and didn't want others to know he had created it?

"Riley Blythe. Pleasure to meet ya!" he said, shaking Lucky's hoof enthusiastically.

• Brohoof 1

"well, if you must know. it's rather embarrassing approached by fans" said Luck Star with a mild blush. 

"don't worry about it though, it was my fault for letting my editor include a photo."

It wasn't often he had to worry about this kind of thing, but the last book Lucky had published had been more popular than he was used to, so it seemed he would have to deal with it until the tidal wave calmed back down.

@@Lucky Star,

Riley decided that a good thing to do would be to ask Lucky Star some questions. You know, about being an author and stuff.

"So, Lucky," he said. "What's the author lifestyle like? How often do you write? How do you get inspired?"

He stopped after remembering how shy Lucky had acted. "Um, sorry."

"Don't worry about it, its the least I can do after my rudeness." Lucky said trotting back to his table and sitting down again.

"you certainly don't want to become an author for profit that for sure. we don't get nearly as much as one would think"

Lucky said thinking back on his first book, and how most of the bits had gone to the publisher and to the editor, leaving him only enough to keep on the road, which was alright.

"I tend to get most of my writing done during the morning when I'm eating, needless to say I don't get breakfast."

lucky glanced over at Riley, "what is your name again?" 

Edited by Lucky Star

@@Lucky Star,

Riley listened to Lucky Star give his monologue about what life was like for an author such as he. It sounded interesting, to say the least. 

"What's your name again?" asked Lucky Star.

"Rley Blythe," replied the red Pegasus. Was this pony the forgetful type?

"well its nice to meet you, Riley. if you happen to have more questions feel free to ask them" Luck said trying to be nice.

he was often called forgetful. though that was just the way his mind worked. 

wandering place to place had made him like that. why remember names when you wouldn't need them in a few days.

Lucky just wanted to get to the point and leave with out appearing too hasty.

@@Lucky Star,

"Wanna see a story I wrote?" said Riley.

Riley rummaged about in his pocket before producing a slip of paper. "It just so happens that I have it with me!" he announced in case it wasn't obvious. He unfolded it.

~~~

Once upun a time in the magical land of Equestria, there was two ponies and they were very awesome! One was called Anala and she wuz white with a grey mane, and she was like really really good at archery cuz she’s awesome! The other was Riley, he was red and had a blonde mane with spikes becuz spikes are kewl.

One faitful day, Tirek attacked, and kidnapped Celestia and Luna and Cadence and also Twilight, plus all the gardds, and all of the desserts in the kingdom. NUUUUU!!!!! NOT THE ICE-CREAM SUNDAYS!!!!! “Yu wont get away with this!” sed Riley.

“Oh but I already have!” said Tirek and he picked up a building and he 8 it along with a side order of friez.

“Oh noes!” said the people innside.

But Riley and Anala dont let no evil happen! They punched and kicked Tirek and then he died.

But it’s not over yet cuz then Chrysalis showed up!!!!! But that wuz short-lived, cuz Anala and Rily tricked teh entire army into transforming into cookies, and then they ate those cookies.

& then the entire kingdom was at peace thanks to Riley, Anala, and there AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Ooh Riley i luv u! Let’s get married!” sed Analla, And then they got it on

~~~
  • Brohoof 1

Lucky read the story that Riley had written with an open mouth.

in shock he said "umm, don't you think it's a bit soon to write about this topic?"

Lucky looked over the story again. it was awful, even with bringing up touchy subject matter.

Why would Tirek want to take all the desserts as well as... lucky had no clue what to say...

Edited by Lucky Star

@@Lucky Star,

"Erm, what topic do you mean?" questioned Riley, raising an eyebrow. Even he was well aware of the atrocious spelling and grammar in his story. That had stemmed from his haste and excitement in writing it for the first time. But what was Lucky Star talking about now?

• Brohoof 1

"I mean writing about Tirek like this... his attack is still very recent and it affected a lot of ponies, don't you think this would offend a lot of his victims?" Lucky asked with confusion. how was Riley confused? did he really not understand how he was making Tirek seem?

Lucky had been one of the many ponies whose magic was stolen during the crisis, if Riley didn't understand, then maybe he had been fortunate to miss it somehow....

Edited by Lucky Star

@@Lucky Star,

Riley looked at the paper his story was written on and frowned. "Um... well, perhaps I was being a little... irrational, when I was writing this for the first time," he said glumly in realisation. "Truth be told, I was affected by the attack as well."

"Anyway, sorry..."  he added.

• Brohoof 1

Lucky looked at Riley a moment or two before answering, "I guess I understand".

"though I guess if I were to give you advice... next time you write I would advise you do so with a bit more tact".

and with a bout of wishful thinking Lucky added... "I think it might be okay if only it was longer.... and sufficient time had passed. I do hope this won't deter you from writing again", 

@@Lucky Star,

"Thank you for the advice," said Riley. Most ponies called him out on the obvious atrocious spelling and grammar. Only a few had thought to mention the lack of sensitivity to the subject. "Truth be told, I'm actually capable of writing coherently. This came out so sloppy because I was so excited to get this idea down on paper."

• Brohoof 1

"no problem" said Lucky after a few moments of silence.

Lucky saw no need to point out the other problems he saw with the young Authors story... he didn't want an argument when he was trying to get a sense of the current book market, which was the reason he had gone to a book store, it was always the reason.

"well if there is nothing else, I shall bid you a good evening" Lucky said, as he got up to leave.

@@Lucky Star,

"Wait!"

Riley ran up and stopped in front of Lucky Star, blocking the author's path.

"I hope this isn't too much of an imposition, but I had an idea just now..." he explained, hoping that his story hadn't left a bad impression.

"Wanna team up and write a story together?" he proposed.

• Brohoof 1

what was Lucky going to say? its not like he could lie and say that he was busy with another project.

if this colt was a fan he would know that no new project had been announced...

but surely he should realize how a question like that would be awkward to answer..

should I just say no? Lucky thought? or say I work alone before trotting out like Bat Colt.

"um okay... but only if I like your idea..." said Lucky in defeat...

@@Lucky Star,

Riley grinned in excitement. "Yes? YIPPEE!"

He hopped around with great enthusiasm before skidding to a stop.

"Oh, and I think I'd better offer you something in return for your kindness..."

He got down with his front hooves bent, rump poised in the air, wings spread out. "Want a lift?" he asked. "I'll need directions to your house."

"Riley! stand up this instant, ponies might think things" said Luck in shock.

"also I don't have a house, I haven't even wen to the ponyville inn yet. if you must know I was going to head there when I was finished here. so if we must do this, I suggest we WALK to the inn so I can rent a room. I may be old, but I'm perfectly capable of using my hooves." said Lucky in aggravation. 

(edited)

@@Lucky Star,

"Suit yourself," said Riley, standing up straight. "I just didn't know you don't have a house here. How about we go to the Horseshoes Hotel? It's where I stay whenever I come to Ponyville." He gestured to the tall building.

"And what do you mean by ponies thinking things?"

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse
  • Brohoof 1