Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the Stars roleplay (1x1 with CatponeCerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi spoke. "*What is it with deathwings and wanting to kill each other?*"

Strings spoke too. "Bekisnhlekil, if I may speak, I advise against violence. And small kobald, I must warn that if a fight starts, I will be forced to take their side against you. And my blade can easily pierce your heart."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I've taken a side in terms of the fruit. But, I do worry about something. Ponies during the war thought Equestria would make them better but, I fear that the Earthlings will make us worse in many ways. Or perhaps we will have conflict in the future. Some of the more aggressive countries view some of Equestria's allies as weak. One of them being Yakyakistan. They lack magic and technology and would have a hard time defending themselves in this new era. Reports say their government would be toppled in a day. It is worrisome."

"Equestria is modernizing it's navy, ships are being built to guard the portal. Things are tense even after the war. We have an idea about what happened. Gladia opened a portal taking a peek someplace found far away. She saw a thing in space and it went through the portal. She looked at its contents and found things about the Earthlings. It's apparently called the Voyager 1 according to the Earthlings. They never expected the consequences to be this dire, they simply wanted to share their culture with extra-terrestrials."

He sipped his coffee.

"They got their wish I guess. The space probe is in a museum now. The Earthlings are in the early stages of space exploration. They are unsure which star system or even galaxy we're in. And another thing. I was on this thing called a YouTube on this Internet and I saw a terrible horrifying curse. It said if I didn't post the comment on another video, I'd die in three days. It seems the effects don't work on me."

Arrow was not aware that the comment was just meant to mess with people. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lucid_Nightlight
Strings, as to be expected considering the situation, was ignored by all three dragonesses, even Quasi got partly ignored, as the two were far from the biggest concern for the dragons . "*That male speaks our language?*" the smaller dragoness hissed, to which Ruby calmly responded "*Yes, he also reads minds.*", funnily enough, Ruby was the least hostile of the group at the moment, though if Quasi was to try and look into the minds of these dragons, he may find the reason.

He wouldn't actually be able to read their thoughts if he tried, not because he couldn't get into their head, he would be able to get in there, they didn't have a protection like Ruby did now, but their thoughts seemed to be...disorganized, a mess, there seemed to be some kind of magical force that was making them nonsensical, like a magical encryption of some kind, their emotions though, were perfectly readable, but they were exactly what they showed outside, though the younger one had a hint of something similar to what Ruby had most of the time, a hatred towards the world itself rather than anyone specific. Vix's mind was fully open for reading, but there was nothing much to get from there, as he was focused on protecting these dragons and that was the only thing on his mind. If Quasi did end up focusing on minds, he would be able to find that there was one more mind  in the cave, the owner of which wasn't visible yet, it too had unreadable thoughts, but emotion wise it wasn't hostile and instead showed almost child like curiosity towards the happenings outside. 

The bigger dragoness didn't seem too happy about learning about Quasi's mind reading capability, but she didn't address it, rather addressing Ruby again "*Bekisnhlekil, of course that is what you named yourself, wouldn't expect anything less form your bloodline.*" 

It was bit frustrating to Vix that he had no idea what was going on due to not understanding the language, but he focused on the body language to be ready to react in case someone tried something, he was still holding up the barrier.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"And those worries are exactly why in my personal opinion the first course of action we should have taken when the portal opened would have been to find a way to close it." Ember concluded "Sure we are getting things from there that one could call positive, but as I said to Sky, Equestria's culture is too different from Earth's for it to not lead to bad things eventually, we will be made to do changes that don't fit our world." "Though at least now with Ruby's new nation I have a place where to go if Equestria gets ruined, I may not like her way of doing many things but at least I can be sure she won't sell the nation to Earthlings." 

Suddenly someone else joined in the conversation, in another table there was someone wearing a robe that covered them fully, based on the posture and size of the individual, one could guess them to be Equestrian dragon, though with them being fully covered it was hard to say. Their voice was that of a female, it was deeper than average, and sounded bit more pony like than dragon like "Heh, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree does it Ember?" 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would take a look into their minds in attempt to find something.

"*There's no need for aggression, we're not encroaching on anyone's territory, it's technically ours, we signed the agreement. You're welcome here if you obey our laws and we'll gladly grant you citizenship, well, I gladly will, my almost wife reluctantly will.*"

"*Why don't you come to our ceremony?*"

He looked at Vix since he knew he didn't know what was going on.

"Like I told the two dragons, this is our territory and you're welcome to stay as you obey our laws and we will grant you citizenship if you want. You can come to our ceremony. Think of it as an offering of peace."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"They tried to, but now that Gladia is dead, not even Discord can never close them. They've tried to study it to find out how to close it when it first opened, we just now found out it's too late for that. Many Equestrians look to Princess Twilight who acts as an ambassador, they hope she can spread this idea of friendship to Earth. I mean, friendship exists there but, not to the extent that it needs to exist."

"The Earthlings exist in a divided state. They argue and ruin each other's lives over trivial things if any mortal being is able to change that, it's Princess Twilight Sparkle. There's more at stake than just emotions, there's genuine threats like weapons of mass destruction."

Arrow looked over.

"Someone you know Ember?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
As stated, Vix's mind was the only one with intelligible thoughts to read, and from those, two things could be figured out, this kobold was ready to die for these dragons, and Ruby was the only one he saw as a real threat, he was uninformed about Quasi's upgrade after all.

Ruby stayed quiet for a moment, it seemed that something had made her thoughtful, it seemed to annoy the younger dragoness a bit, as she was still standing face to face with Ruby, and Ruby just ignoring her like that was hit to her ego. The older dragoness took this moment to address Quasi, "*All we want is to be left alone, only reason we even are here is because someone else's war came too close to our last cave.*" before she could continue, Ruby cut in after breaking out of her thoughts"*What do you mean my bloodline? You know my mother?*" the older dragoness looked genuinely surprised "*You don't know? I thought the mothers of black-horns would brag about it all the time*" she also noticed something, and approached Ruby, telling the younger dragoness to back off from Ruby, something the younger dragoness did, even if reluctantly.

Vix didn't say anything regarding Quasi's words to him, he was still focused on keeping the dragons safe, he wouldn't drop the barrier until he was told to by those he was protecting.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have so many enemies and shady allies that I've lost count." Ember stated turning towards the robed figure too "You're pain to track down you know, even your pony parents don't know where you are most of the time." Ember narrowed her eyes, getting ready to act "And you are?" the individual let out a short laugh "Just a fellow freak of nature like you...." they then took their hood off and looked at Arrow and Ember, or well, mainly Ember, it was a pony's head, a unicorn's to be exact, but the horn looked more like a dragon's horn. The coat of the stranger was the exact same color as Ember's scales, and her mane's color was also the exact match "....Hello little sis." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"*How can they brag if they avoid each oher? Doesn't your kind hate everyone for whatever reason? I get respect can be gained but, that means someone has to start the respect thing.*"

"*Ruby, the strongest dragon of all history is supposed to be the most social of the deathbringers, right? So what made you leave your land?*"

---------------

"Like, are you related with blood? You don't look the same."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"*Even the cruelest of mothers teach their offspring about the basics of life before throwing them out, and I just assumed that knowing about one's physical superiority would be something they teach.*" the dragoness looked at Ruby "*And I can tell yours was a cruel one, I recognize that look, though I guess it makes sense, Black-horns are monsters among monsters.*"  Ruby didn't seem to know how to exactly react, not that she really had time to, as the older dragoness continued, she was calm, yet she dominated the conversation enough for even Ruby to listen "*Have you never thought about it, why every battle is so easy? Why you are the only one with black horns?*" "*Think about it young one, and don't be afraid to ask, I don't bite, or do anything else your mother did to you.*" it may have seemed at first that Quasi's question had been ignored, but it was just pushed back, as the dragoness addressed him again after speaking to Ruby "*I never left the Homelands per say, as I was taken away, and my daughters have never even been there.*" 

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Is this idiot your date?" the stranger asked, pointing at Arrow, but Ember ignored that "I have no sister." "Ah ,of course you don't, I just happen to be another dragon pony hybrid with the exact same colors as you." "I know you're smarter than that." the stranger turned fully around now, the robe was still hiding most of her body, but it was now easier tell what she was shaped like, her body was that of a dragon, with claws and all, but her head was that of a pony, and instead of scales, she was covered in fur like a pony. Her wings were still hidden, but a small movement of the robe around her back told about them existing. "Let's say I believe you, why haven't you made yourself known before now?" "Like I said, you're a pain to find." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ruby is no monster! She's sweet! And... good at killing things and tends to like to do that."

---------------

"Well, technically we're just kinda, actually I don't know what this is. We're kinda just here."

"And I'm no idiot. I kill dragons and stuff."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"*You naive little thing. I must give it to you Bekisnhlekil, you are lot more patient that I would expect, tolerating a male like this*" the dragoness stated before looking at Vix "You can drop your guard." and so Vix did, walking to the younger dragoness that was sulking behind her mother, and patting her while sitting next to her, the dragoness seemed to ignore it, but the fact that Vix was fully comfortable getting so close to a dragon that had just been ready to (try) rip Ruby apart told of their friendly relationship. "So, if this male is your mate, who's that dog?" "No idea, Quasi?" 

---------------------------------

"Considering how stupid some of those things are, that's really not a show of intelligence." the stranger stated, from her tone it wasn't hard to tell she was the kind to enjoy annoying others "What do you want?" Ember cut in, as was to be expected from her, she wanted to stay in business so to speak, she may have been on a break, but that didn't mean she didn't take things seriously "Just wanted to see how my little sis is doing, if she had became a boring peace loving pony." a snake slithered out from the stranger's robe and wrapped itself around her neck, moving its head around while licking the air and hissing as snakes tended to do. The crow in Ember's mane went on guard but didn't do anything else. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"That is Princess Strings of Cryoni. She wanted to pay respects to the new nation so I invited her to come to the wedding. Try to be nice."

"We met in your land. My nation participated in the war."

"You also owe Dasonia an apology. They have already forgiven you for killing some of the Dasonian Holy League and breaking the bones of a pacifist visitor. While they do not demand you apologize, I do. I've already written and sent my apology to them."

---------------

"Get her!" He tried to command the crab to attack. The crab on his head just moved one eye slightly standing around like a crab.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Demand as much as you like, apologizing is not how I do things" Ruby stated before continuing thoughtfully  "And I think I may remember you, though I'm not sure, most of your kind smell the same." the oldest dragoness looked thoughtful for a moment "How long ago did you leave the homelands, it seems you have been around other creatures for a while?" "Some years I think, lost count, and you? you have seen better days." "I don't know, last time I was there I was around your age. but I don't know how long ago that was." 

--------------------------------------

The crow facepalm...facewinged? and shook its head, meanwhile the stranger did a 'you see what I mean?'-gesture, the snake...was a snake, it just stayed there being a snake. "Name's Cinder by the way, though you don't know anything about me, I don't exist as far as Equestria is concerned." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ruby we want to have a good standing with other nations. And you owe them. I've already paid them money and gems as compensation, despite them kindly saying we don't have to give them anything. They were very kind to us and I think you owe them an apology."

Quasi stood firm with what he said. If Ruby refused to give in, he'd let it go for now but maybe bring this up later.

"Nomadikans are very forgiving, the Dasonians hold no anger. Neither does me nor Miror hold anger for Miror's injuries."

"What's going on down there anyway?"

"A memorial is being made. Jackal forces invaded during the war and our nations banded together to fight off the naval attack. A memorial is being made on the beach. Along with one in Dasonia for the Dasonians lost during the war. Our soldiers have succeeded in defeating the jackal invaders, they were courageous against an invading force more advanced than them."

"I've heard tales of Nomadikan courage. Even the pacifist is brave, show no fear when an entire camp was destroyed."

----------------------

Arrow casually snapped a picture. A photo came out of the camera, it was Cinder.

"I'm just gonna use this to document you later."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"There's a difference between upholding a positive relationship and sucking up to another nation, and as I have said before, we will not be doing the latter." Ruby stated, "Also, an apology implies I'm sorry for what I did, I'm not, I feel no remorse, and would gladly do it again." the oldest dragoness let out amused exhale at that, but then asked Ruby something, since she had no interest in the other conversation "*What is this situation, it seems you are allies, yet you attacked them? *" "*I had to change sides for a while because they were too incompetent to take care of the leader, that and they used me.*"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinder put her hand on her cheek and with overly sarcastic tone said "Oh no, you have a picture of my face and a name you don't know is even my real name." "There usually some trace even if you get rid of your information, I guess you have contacts that can help to get rid of those?" "Yes, but there isn't anything to get rid of, I was never documented in the first place, I'm not from Equestria." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi let it go for now. Strings noticed the difference with Quasi and Ruby.

"You are opposites in some ways. Day and night. You care for each other despite this."

"King Quasi, you see potential in her."

"Maybe she needs more snugs."

--------------------------

"The Dragonlands I'm thinking."

A paper colt walked in and Arrow bought a paper. Looking at it he was surprised.

"You know those Griffins down in the east? The ones with those katana swords? Well, they changed their government and the warriors rebelled. Their swords were no match for the guns. A last stand ended just yesterday. The warrior leader was offered surrender but refused. Their ways have died with them."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"*I must agree with the dog partly, I don't understand what you see in this male*" the older dragoness stated, mainly to Ruby, to which Ruby coldly responded with "*You don't need to*". Vix also got involved in the conversation, though not understanding the dragons' native language, he focused on the Quasi's and Strings's part "If you could put your believes aside for long enough to understand these dragons, you'd learn there's lot to them most can't see." he was still patting the younger dragoness, who was still ignoring him "Most misjudge them, just like you misjudged their reason for hostility." 

---------------------------------------------
"Originally yes, not anymore." Cinder stated regarding Arrow's guess. 

"Dying for what you believe...." Ember started regarding the news, Cinder tried to cut in, but Ember continued regardless, and the two ended up saying in perfect unison  "....I can respect that." Ember narrowed her eyes at Cinder while Cinder gave a little smirk

@Catpone Cerberus

"Perhaps. But the deathwings should also look into themselves and find good."

----------------

"The ancient ways are dying. Some ponies welcome the change, others fear it. I'm both. I've taken on one of their beliefs and I welcome the the improvement in our military. I fear though, loss of innocence of our people."

"We already gain the effects. A friend of mine is a nurse, he says down in the mental health field, therapy is on the rise, some soldiers came home from the war, traumatized. What happened to the days when we could just say a bunch of nice things and our problems could be solved through friendship and 6 ponies with jewelry?"

"But, but, but, but..." Vix said in almost fed up tone "...It's a compromise, how do you think someone will acknowledge the flaws of their thinking if everyone just proves they're right?" he got up and patted the dragoness once more before coming closer to the others, he walked to the oldest dragoness and again leaned on her, this time with one hand "Just look at me, do you think I never disagree with them?" "We have plenty of things we disagree on, but here I am, alive and friends with them." the dragoness looked at Vix, "Vix..." but he just patted her and continued "I assumed you would have known this considering you're marrying one of them." "There is no buts in compassion, and if you truly want to change someone for the better, you need to do it their way, not yours." he did understand the wariness, especially from Ruby, or Bekisnhlekil as he knew her as, since he was well aware of their kind's usual behavior, but the fact that everyone just went straight to 'we don't want to fight but...' without even thinking about why dragons who are missing pieces of themselves and clearly guarding a certain cave would act bit hostile besides 'well, they are this certain species so...'. 

"*Who is this preachy lizard*" "*None of your business*" "*Understandable*"

----------------------------------------------

"Outsiders happened." Ember stated, deciding to not repeat what she had already said about the threat the Earthlings posed, Cinder cut in "I for one happily wait  for the day Earthlings go too far, I have never seen a whole species go extinct before." Ember tilted her head "What are you going on about?" Cinder smirked again "I have been in places, learned things, there's some powerful things that don't like the humans, in fact, they have already started to act, you know that land mass where Ruby or whatever is from? Well, I've heard that some mysterious forces have started to hunt down any and all humans and their inventions that get too close, even those flying things that fly very high and are supposed to be hard to spot have been taken down."

@Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well... um... I'm... bigger than you! So ha!"

Quasi had no real point so that's all he could come up with.

"He's right, King Quasi Nix. It is a compromise. Yes, your almost wife has issues to work on but, you can't expect these problems to be solved through speech. Time heals many wounds. And love and care opens hearts."

-------------------------------------------------

"Humans being humans will retaliate. Might not act with a full on invasion, not immediately. I suspect Earthlings will attempt to establish communication. If one of their kind is killed, one of two things will happen. They'll either leave them alone like they do with uncontacted tribes in their world, protecting them or they will retaliate. The fact this force is capable of destroying steal planes or maybe satellites might make them view this force as a dangerous threat and may react with military force. Or they'll try to negotiate."

"The Americans are not perfect but, they don't actually like full scale war, bad for the economy or something. So, negotiation is probably the first plan they have. It's a scary thing if war does break out. Whether or not these things can hurt them it'll be bad, in fact if they can hurt them it'll be worse. I suspect that in the Americans get genuinely desperate enough, they'll bomb that place to death. All life on that land will die. Not only this but, a nightwing named Moonwatcher is capable of seeing the future."

"The things she sees aren't guaranteed, they're different possible futures. That's all I know."

Vix rolled her eyes at Quasi, and the oldest dragoness shared glances with Ruby who just nodded.
"I haven't seen any reason to think you're any better, you're the one who threatened to stab me through the heart if I protected those I care about in case violence broke out." Vix said calmly, addressing Strings "Not to mention our meeting, you really like to assume things." 

The older dragoness was mainly focused on Ruby, so the other stuff was ignored by her "*You have been wronged greatly Bekisnhlekil, I can feel the darkness in you.*" "*huh?*" "*I recognize it, Danthe has it too.*" Ruby was taken off guard by the words so she didn't immediately know what to say.

--------------------------------------

Cinder chuckled "I know you said you have taken some of their believes, but to think you have already been convinced about their greatness, such a sad lack of pride." Ember didn't say anything, as she was interested in what Cinder had to say "I can't say too much, otherwise we all face fate worse than death, but what I can tell, is that humans with their weapons are like ants with toys to those I speak of." "There won't be war, there's no equal force, it will be more like exterminator getting rid of few pests from their kitchen." "But if they are stupid enough to poke the hornet's nest after getting stung several times, they deserve what is coming for them."  Ember was thoughtful "My guess is it's not Ruby's kind you're speaking of." "Indeed, Ruby's kind is barely comparable, those who I speak of are lot more, some may say they are...gods." she smirked...again, she seemed to like smirking a lot "And if there's truly someone who sees the future, they'll better hurry to tell the humans to stop, or soon there will be only end-times to see." 

@Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"*The world has wronged this one.*"

"I lack experience with you."

--------------

"Gods?"

"No. Not gods. A God is infinite something is keeping those things at bay."

It was Sky, he dawned ceremonial armor. With him was Myra adorned with jewels and with a pup in a sling.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"*I don't know what you're talking about*" "*Hatred, betrayal, pain, you can hide it from the world, but I'm cursed to sense it*" "*It does no good to bottle it up, even our kind has a breaking point*" the older dragoness moved the stub of her front leg towards Ruby's face, but Ruby turned her head away "*Let me help you young one.*" the way she said the last words were so caring that it sounded almost unnerving coming from on of their kind, but since Ruby didn't respond, she shook her head and looked at Quasi "*Male, could we speak alone for a moment.*" if Quasi agreed, she would walk a small distance away, while Ruby stayed behind.

"What is keeping them at bay is their own will, the one I met put it best." "Earth is an anthill in a forest, while those I speak of are the residents in a nearby house, they do not care about the existence of the anthill, as it has no effect on their life, until one day they find ants in their house. They kill those ants, and locate their origin to the anthill in the forest, for now they are only observing it, killing the ants that come to their house, but they're ready to burn down the anthill if it becomes a bigger problem." Cinder stated, not showing any respect to Sky nor Myra, Ember joined in, but not to argue with Cinder "Infinite god? which one is that from the thousands and thousands of gods Earthlings believe and have believed in? The one that hasn't done anything since the stories in ancient texts? or is that all of them?" "A god is merely a being with incredible power, in fact, I'm certain there's already those who worship discord as god for example, Earthlings don't have the privilege to decide what's a god and what's not." one thing these two clearly agreed on, neither of them liked earth. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would go with the dragon.

"Are you going to give me a speech on how I should respect Ruby and how you'll rip my head off if I don't?"

"No time to argue philosophy and religion, I'm going to stand with my beliefs anyway. Let's cut to the chase. America won't listen to us Dasonians, we are like ants to them. Equestria holds more respect for us. Equestria is essentially has influence like America, accept less hard headed. We're trying to prevent America from pushing this mysterious force too far. Not only that, I fear America will attempt to use nukes, destroying Ruby's kind and causing more trouble. I don't know if it's this mysterious force Ruby's kind holds back or something else, but we could be in deep trouble."

"We need to get Equestria to use it's influence to stop Earth from getting itself messed up. Earth has lot's of problems, I want to fix them. I want to save my world from itself."

"I want to get to Quasi and Ruby too, they have more influence than Dasonia, and are going to become the power of their world with the way their working with Equestria. This diplomacy could save all of our worlds."

Sky seemed to be avoiding conflict. It really seems that Sky has improved a lot over the small amount of time.

"Yes, we must put our difference behind us and co-operate. Dasonia has taken some of Equestria's ideas of harmony and implemented it into it's system, this, actually was Sky's idea. I feel this is proof that our worlds can co-exist. We just need to work together to make this peace a reality."

Sky's and Myra's daughter would escape from the sling to see Ember, probably the smell got her attention.

"I think the baby likes you."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"No." "She'll be the one to rip your head off." "Her power has been taken away from her, it has left a hole in her ego, it may sound unimportant to you, but for our kind we are our ego, it is what separates us from animals." "There are few things as unpredictable as insecure dragon, and her being a black-horn, it may be even worse." the dragoness looked into the distance "Dragons like her grow bitter against the world, envious of everyone else's success, they'll start seeking out the smallest feelings of control they can, it manifests itself in form of excess brutality and carelessness." "Back in homelands, it usually leads to the death of the dragon, as they seek bigger and bigger challenges to prove themselves to themselves, but in place like this, where there's nobody offering real challenge, it will lead to unnecessary massacres." "It is not something you can stop with kind words, as it does not come from a believe you can prove wrong, but from deep rooted feeling of failure, it doesn't come from the wish to kill, but from addiction to power." "I have no specific actions to offer for you, as I do not know her well enough, but you need to help her find meaning if you wish for bright future, to find something that feeds her self-image in constant manner, it may not fit your believes of selfless life, but without it you will have unnecessary death in the future." "It may be this whole queen thing is exactly what she needs, but I'd advice you to be prepared in case it isn't." 

"I know all this because Danthe, my older daughter has been through it, horrible things were done to her and it left her broken, it wasn't until her sister hatched that she started to get better, she found meaning in taking care of her young sibling, then Vix came to the picture, he managed to connect with Danthe in ways I never imagined, that helped to speed her recovery, there's still ways to go, but it is lot better than it used to be."

Meanwhile with rest of the group, Vix was heading back towards the cave, he had dismissed Strings's argument with a wave of his hand, as he didn't see it as worth responding to, not knowing someone wasn't a good reason for assuming things about those you don't know.

From the gave a new voice spoke, asking something in the dragons' native language, to which the other dragoness finally reacted and responded. As this was going on, Ruby sat down on the ground, tilting her head as she looked towards the cave. Vix stopped and crouched down, putting his hand towards the cave in manner which one would ask a creature to come to them, after which a very young dragoness walked out carefully, she was staring at Ruby, looking bit wary as she did, but she seemed to calm down when she reached Vix who started gently petting her head. 

This dragoness had all parts of her body intact, and the green-purple stuff was flowing between her scales instead of any kind of cracks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I for one wouldn't mind seeing an extinction." Cinder stated, unlike Ember, she didn't really care about the whole concept of innocent lives "But as I don't know how much you heard, I'll repeat what I just said, Ruby's kind is nothing compared to those I speak of, my guess is her kind only exists to keep outsiders out." "I wonder if these nukes would even be able to wipe out Ruby's kind though, they spend lot of their time underground and are very durable against damage and heat, and there isn't really any evidence on how radiation would affect them." "I don't know how much diplomacy would help with earth, it's very poorly hidden secret that agreements mean absolutely nothing if they want to do something, they just do it more secretly, and Equestria has no means to make sure they won't send their spying machines in the homelands." 

Ember looked down at the baby "Babies like everything they don't understand, that's why they eat stuff they shouldn't." the crow jumped down and looked at the baby, it stayed just far enough for the baby to not reach it. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"She demanded a slaughter before. Killed an encampment full of soldiers. She hates everyone and it seems like a miserable life. I don't know how to help her find the good in herself. I know she can care for others than myself."

------------------------------------------------------

"They'll listen if the threat is big enough. Ever heard of the cold war? A concept was made. M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction. This concept of threat of extinction actually made countries agree not to use the nuclear bomb. If my world understands the severity of the threat, they will know not to mess with Ruby's land. In fact, an agreement either way would make for a good first step. Once an agreement is in place, Equestria can use their new modernized naval ships to blockade the area to enforce this."

"Equestria will soon be able to rival the U.S. navy. Not that the U.S. would start a war with Equestria, the people there would get pretty mad if they tried. Unpopular wars aren't easy to win, y'know."

"Though if these creatures attack anyway, perhaps the elements of harmony might be helpful in turning the things into stone."

The baby would look up at Ember. Myra would speak referring to the baby.

"For the ones that have some innocence left, we much protect Earth."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"She hates everyone because she hates herself." The dragoness stated "She won't admit it of course, as she has most likely convinced herself it's not the case, and that instead, everyone else is to blame for her failures." "While I'm not a fan of speeches about emotions and friendship and such, I agree with Vix on one point, if you wish to change someone, you need to do it their way." "You will never make Ruby 'good' as you may define it, we are incapable of feeling true empathy or compassion, we are predators and fighters by nature, our most prominent features are our pride, greed and wrath." "But you can make her good in principle, for example, by principle, most of us would never harm a hatchling or destroy an egg , but it is not because we would feel remorse or guilt, I could rip one apart without feeling anything, instead it is because it would be a sign of weakness to attack something so helpless, and it wouldn't bring any joy." "But before you can change anything, you need to find a way to dig her out of the metaphorical hole she is in, to make her feel like she's worth her own respect, when she no longer needs the suffering of others to feel powerful, only then can you try to change her opinions." "If you just tell her how bad her actions are in your opinion, you only push her further away." 

-----------------------------------------------------------
"They won't attack for no reason, Earth is nothing to them." Cinder stated "I previously used anthill in a forest to describe earth, that is the words of the creatures themselves, earth is meaningless to them, it's only a problem because the ants are trying to get into their house." "Not that Equestria would be able to help much, the Elements work by attacking the disharmony or evil in its target, these things are neither evil or disharmonious, assuming the elements would be powerful enough anyway." Ember thought for a second "Considering how highly you Sky kept talking about Earth's technology, one would think a force capable of taking all that stuff down seemingly without effort would be a proof on the severity of the threat." Cinder shrugged "I'm sure they'll give at least one warning before the attack itself, though considering what the one I met, who called itself young and weak, was capable of, the warning too may be quite destructive." 

The crow, being a crow, started poking the baby from behind, and any time if the baby turned towards it, it would jump just far enough to avoid the baby's reach, if it was playing or just being an jerk, one could only guess, nobody here spoke crow. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"She is respectable in some ways. She's very strong and I don't mean just physically. She's already doing well in leading our nation with me. The nightwings respect Ruby, they view her as a strong leader."

"When I lived in her land, she let me with with her in here cave thing. I could do whatever I wanted, she let me read her books too. Though there was one area I couldn't go, so I stayed away from there to respect her privacy."

"Wait until she finds out I got a royal pet. A water monitor, one of those lizards that aren't sapient. I think they're cute."

----------------------

"I think establishing communication is a good idea. To find what they want. Best case scenario, they just want to be left alone. They aren't spiritual beings we don't think."