Would Celestia encourage her sister to take an apprentice?

ManaMinori

All of your arguments are Invalid in fact in my vision most likely Twilight would be her apprentice so Twilight can learn more about dark magic/Luna's light magic. And if Twilight wasn't then most likely SS would trixie is a character which is most likely to come back in the 5th season mad at Twilight and Twilight will just banish her to stone and if she does Trixie's history would be 'Tried to kill a princess instead got turned into stone with such a powerful magic that she will never get out' Trixie is invalid. And she made a living she only has a cart to push around and is most likely to get locked in a magic resistent jail where she will spend the rest of her life and even if she doesn't most ponies have a house. Again how does she make a living if she only has enough money to push around a cart.

You haven't explained why my arguments are invalid, and your views are extremely opinionated. Twilight is over-glorified enough, other ponies deserve a chance at greatness, and Sunset Shimmer was the only one evil enough to try and kill the mane six. Not even corrupted Trixie went that far. 

You haven't explained why my arguments are invalid, and your views are extremely opinionated. Twilight is over-glorified enough, other ponies deserve a chance at greatness, and Sunset Shimmer was the only one evil enough to try and kill the mane six. Not even corrupted Trixie went that far.

She tried to kill them because Twilight got in the way as Trixie would've done. And either ways she turned good in the 1st movie meanwhile Trixie is still lurking around. Edited by EB Creations

She tried to kill them because Twilight got in the way as Trixie would've done.

She tried killing them because unlike Trixie, Sunset Shimmer was actually power hungry and evil. She threw a tantrum because she didn't get what she wanted, and treated others like crap. It took an evil artifact to make Trixie into a villain, SS was worse on her own.

@@1CJB,

She bought said evil artifact, knowing it was evil, and bribed a store owner with a massive amount of bits for it.

She's clearly well off and in a good state of mind 

I guess being mocked everywhere and loosing everything qualifies as being well off for you, but not for me. She was clearly pissed about it. People tend to make bad decisions when they're angry. The storekeeper was vague about the the amulet, and Trixie probably thought of it as just a magical power-up.

@@1CJB,

She had to have researched it if she was so specific on the one she wanted to buy. And she has plenty of money, she's well off. As for being mocked, it's her own fault that she touted herself as the most powerful, when Celestia, who is commonly known, would crush her like an insect 

@@Hive King,

The episode explains everything you're objecting to.

- Trixie is drawn to the amulet by it's power

- Her life was crap at that point, the episode emphasizes this

- She's not in a good state of mind if she want's revenge

- Those bits were likely all she had, and she still had nothing so she was saving them.

- Trixie is drawn to the amulet by it's power

She must have known what it was before hand, otherwise, she would have browsed

- Her life was crap at that point, the episode emphasizes this

In her opinion. She dropped a ton of bits to bribe the guy, she's clearly not lacking in money. All that's bruised is her ego

- Those bits were likely all she had, and she still had nothing so she was saving them.

So you're saying she's so petty and pathetic, she'd rather defeat Twilight than have any other luxuries? You just made her sound like even more of a bitch when she's devoting every last resource in an obsessive manner towards Twilight. Could she not find something better to do? She's as bad as Lex Luthor or Doc Ock with her focus on Twilight 

She must have known what it was before hand, otherwise, she would have browsed

She was looking for the amulet, moving everything else aside.

So you're saying she's so petty and pathetic, she'd rather defeat Twilight than have any other luxuries?

No, her plan for revenge was likely just to upstage Twilight so she could start up her career again and have her life back, she didn't count on going crazy or she wouldn't have shown genuine remorse for her actions. The fact that she apologized and felt guilty proves that she's not the evil bitch you make her out to be. She isn't shown to be obsessive or anything towards Twilight either. I don't like arguing with people who are biased, your downplaying Trixie into somepony that's worse than SS.

@@1CJB,

Oh no, SS was far worse than Trixie. Trixie was just petty beyond belief, Sunset Shimmer wanted power. If Trixie had her way, she'd beat Twilight and be secure in her ego, Sunset would conquer all. The difference is that Sunset showed a lot more remorse than Trixie's tossed in apology, especially when Trixie is still declaring herself "The Great and Humble Trixie" 

The difference is that Sunset showed a lot more remorse than Trixie's tossed in apology,

Sunset did much worse, so it makes sense that she would feel more remorse.

especially when Trixie is still declaring herself "The Great and Humble Trixie"

That doesn't in any way negate her apology. I'll say it again, she apologized for the amulet fiasco, not for being self-absorbed. I'm through arguing with you on this front. I've pretty much made my point about Trixie, you're just nitpicking now.

Sunset did much worse, so it makes sense that she would feel more remorse.

That doesn't in any way negate her apology. I'll say it again, she apologized for the amulet fiasco, not for being self-absorbed. I'm through arguing with you on this front. I've pretty much made my point about Trixie, you're just nitpicking now.

Trixie was power hungry too for actually taking the amulet and not thinking twice about it.

Why would Luna need Celestia to encourage her to take an apprentice? As if all good ideas come from Celestia alone. I know that Celestia is manipulative but common, its time Luna (and especially Twilight) get some independence for once instead of just being Celestia's minions.

• 2 weeks later...

Somepony liiiiiike.....Sunset Shimmer, perhaps? -squee!-

No no no, I think it was pretty clear at the end of Rainbow Rocks that Twilight will take Sunset under her wing. ^^

I could see it, like maybe the popular Luna and Trixie pair? That would certainly be interesting. ^^

Couple of points

1) Where is it written, Luna can have only 1 student?  She could have both Trixie & Sunset

2) I've said elsewhere that I think Princess C knew Nightmare Moon was coming & laid her plans accordingly.  Sunset was C's student before T.  Sunset was supposed to do the job T did in the opening.  Arguably, T is living the life S should have had.  S should be the Princess, S should head the Mane 6, S should have the castle.  This could get ugly.  This could define ugly.

• 2 weeks later...