Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Hasbro: Monopoly (excuse the pun) or Competitor

sampsoninc916

Each day I look at Hasbro, especially around this time of year, Christmas, and I see a company that seems to have taken control over almost every major toy property out there. According to a CNN Money video posted on Equestria Daily, Mattel is lagging behind Hasbro, and they emphasize what seemingly feels like the only two toy companies out there. Lego seems to be doing well without being owned by either Hasbro or Mattel. Remember back in the 90s when Microsoft seemed to be taking over the computer world? I'm starting to wonder if Hasbro is trying to do the same thing in this day and age, buying up every successful toy company. They even said in the same CNN Money that Hasbro, with it's Disney licensed properties, might as well be a Disney company. I can remember that Disney was in talks to buy Hasbro two years ago, but they never bought Hasbro. I believe the ponies helped with that. Earlier this month, Hasbro wanted to buy the struggling Dreamworks Animation, but Disney stopped them from being a competitor. You should offer your own opinions on this subject. Is Hasbro a Monopoly (excuse the pun, because Monopoly is owned by Hasbro) or are they a competitor to other toy companies. I have several listed here: Mattel, Jakks Pacific, Spin Master, Jazwares Toys, Thinkway Toys, Playmates Toys, Lego, Wham-O, Funrise, Funko, McFarlane Toys (adult action figures), Bandai, Takara Tomy, Duncan (mainly Yo-Yos).

Do you think that the line ends there with Hasbro controlling everything (exaggeration), or will Hasbro be only one of several toy companies competiting against each other.

Matter of fact, 3D printing has enabled folks to be their own toy company, believe it or not. 3D Printing and Prototyping companies have popped up recently, even the fans are making their own pony merch. Consider Shapeways a toy company, among other 3D printing companies.