Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ~ENDING!~ Hearth's Warming Eve party-- SOL

AmberDust

@@AmberDust

Bulawayo finished his drink.

"Once as a foal my father made beverages. Full of sweets and lined with enriches." He says.

"There's a cider recipe from home with a unique flavor. Its like a mixture of sour apple with a spice of cactus pepper. The local pubs would give free coins to anypony who could drink a full liter of the drink." Ahaban added.

• Brohoof 1

Meanwhile, up in the clouds, Silver Wing continues to try and fight the storm. "This storm is getting out of my hooves. I cant keep this up much longer" Silver Wing said to himself. He has been fighting the storm for over 4 hours non-stop. He noticed his wings were getting harder to flap so he took a quick glance at his wings, which where numb from the cold, only to see ice forming on the edges of his wings. "Thats not good!" Silver said with a shout. "Maybe theres a house near by so i can warm up and rest my wings." He dipped below the cloud layer to find a house direcly below him. "What luck!" Silver Wing exclaimed. "I sure hope they wont mind me dropping in for a minute." He flew down to the house and knocked on the door and patiently awaited an answer.

@@tKestrel

Plum's ears perked up at the sound of a knock at the door.

"Excuse me," she said to nopony in particular. She stood up and trotted over to the front door. She pulled the handle, but the wind did the rest, loudly slamming the door open and shooting a flurry of snow as far as the parlor. Plum gave a quick jump in shock, then squinted to see her new guest through the blinding snow. The storm sure had picked up.

A Pegasus stallion stood in the entryway, positively covered in snow and looking quite tired and quite cold.

"Oh, please come in!" Plum said urgently, moving out of the Pegasus's way.

In the parlor, Amber Dust looked up from her sketchbook as a snowflake hit her nose. She blinked a few times, looking around. Where did that come from, she thought.

Edited by AmberDust

"Thank you for letting me in" Silver Wing said to Plum. "I was hoping someone would be home" Then Silver Wing looked around the room to notice all the different ponies. "Im guessing yall are having a Hearths Warming party, I'm not intruding am I? I just need a place to rest my wings for a few." Just as Silver wing finished his sentence, he spotted a nice, warm fireplace. "May I?" He sheepishly asked Plum.

Edited by tKestrel

Nightlight shifted awkwardly as the door opened, admitting a pegasus. He tried to speak up, but the blizzard drowned him out and cloaked him in snowy, white flakes, causing him to be ignored by the hostess as the door closed. Th-that's okay, I can just walk back home... Nightlight thought, turning tail. He paused a moment, shaking his head. No, that's not something Twilight would do! She would do... This. He knocked on the door, harder this time, determined to be heard and allowed in.

@@AmberDust

Ahaban's ears perked upward.

"I'll answer the door." He says.

@

Approaching the door he opens up seeing a fellow pegasus before him.

"Marhaben. Welcome the party. Come, its quite the chill out there." He says allowing him inside before shutting thedoor.

"Make yourself at home. The host is just in the dining hall." He informs.

Nightlight shook off the white flakes on his coat, levitating it off of himself with his unicorn magic and hanging it on the nearest hook. "Th-thank you," he said, shivering. He looked around at all the ponies, laughing and conversing. He slowly walked into the dining room, clearing his throat. "E-excuse me, are you the host here?"

@Nightlight Sparkle

"Im sorry for not seeing you behind me when I was at the door. The storm has gotten so bad, i couldnt hardly see the nose on my face." Silver Wing explained. "I was just tired from trying to keep that storm at bay." Silver Wing paused, realizing he hasn't even introduced himself. "Oh, where are my manners? Im Silver Wing. Whats your name?

@ and @tKestrel

Plum had just led Silver Wing into the dining hall (to get some warm food in his stomach) when she noticed the new unicorn speak behind her.

"Oh, hello," Plum said, rather surprised. When had he gotten here? She turned to face him.

"I'm Plum Pudding, your hostess. If you're hungry, please help yourself." She said, having become an expert at introductions after meeting all her other guests. "It's nice to meet you."

((I thought we agreed that nightlight had no relation to Twilight.))

@tKestral and AmberDust

"Ah, um, i-it's okay. I-I'm Nightlight." Nightlight nodded at Silver Wing.

He turned back to the hostess he'd been trying to greet. "Th-thank you. It's nice to meet you, too." His tummy growled, and he made his way further into the room for some warm food. Talking with other ponies is difficult...

((We did, and he doesn't. He just looks up to her as a role model, and therefore always thinks about how she would respond to situations.))

• Brohoof 1

@@AmberDust

Red trotted back into the main room of the gathering. Curious as to what had been going on while he had been eating far too many of Plum's delicious treats, he happened to spot Amber in a corner sketching. Quietly, so as not to disturb her, he trotted around and peered over her shoulder to admire her work.

@AmberDust

"I must know who made this delicious array of treats!" Silver Wing stated, making his way for seconds. "Ive never tasted anything like it before." Silver, now holding a second plate and walking nearer to the fireplace to keep warm. "One more question, if u dont mind me asking, but do you happen to have any hot cocoa?" Silver Wing wondered.

@@Red Cedar

Amber barely noticed the pony standing behind her, and simply continued to sketch a scene from a dream of hers. she was surrounded by eraser shavings. It wasn't until she got hungry that she put her sketchbook down.why__that_looks_like____by_rebecca_47-d8

Amber aimed her magic at a pitcher way in the dining hall, and poured herself a glass of milk. Then she plucked a few candies violets from a plate and added them to her own. suddenly, she felt the presence of the pony behind her. She looked up at him. 

"Hi," she said.

@@tKestrel

"That would be me," Plum said, blushing slightly. "I made all the food tonight. And yes, we have hot cocoa right over here." Plum carried a mug over to Silver Wing.

"It's pretty cold out, eh?"

• Brohoof 1

@AmberDust

"Wow plum, you are an amazing cook!" Silver exclaimed with excitement.

"Its simply the most mouth watering food ive ever tasted! Thank you for allowing me to have some of it, and thank you for the hot cocoa. I needed it to help brush off the cold." Silver wing turned to the window, remembering fighting to keep the storm as a gentle snow fall. "Yes, it sure is. Seems the snow is falling faster since I had to stop. I sure hope it doesnt get to out of hand." Silver Wing said with a worried look on his face.

@@AmberDust

Red smiled to Amber. "Hi," he said back, before returning to look at the sketchbook. "That's very good." he said, "and quite interesting. What gave you the ideas for a scene like that?" He briefly wondered if that were a scene from somewhere in the Everfree Forest which, while forests were generally a usual place for him to be, he'd been advised to not go into without being exceptionally well prepared.

@tKestrel

Plum had a worried look on her as well as she gazed out the window into the storm. It was evident she had something on her mind besides cooking and socializing.

"It is getting out of hand," she said, voice trailing off. The snow whipped against the windows, and although it was warn and safe inside, Plum felt a chill. She seemed transfixed by the storm outside.

@Red Cedar

Amber looked back to her sketchbook absent-mindedly and picked it back up, along with her pencil.

"This isn't a real place," Amber explained, as she added a few lines to a great flower in the foreground. "It's just a bit of a fantasy forest I came up with--" she paused suddenly, and the pencil remained suspended mid-stroke.

"...Although, I understand there's a forest just outside of Ponyville that's even stranger than this." There was an intensity about her voice, as though a spark lit inside of her at the thought of the Everfree. "Is that true?" she asked.

Silver stood slightly behind everypony else, eating sparingly, and listening to their conversations.  He was much more comfortable this way, as this was what he did most of the time.  As a guard, nopony really talked to him in the castle.  They were there to see the princess, and he was there to make sure they were not there to do any harm.

Of course, he doubted any of these ponies were malicious, but it was still more comfortable to listen than to talk. 

It crossed his mind that his superior would not be happy if she found out he had not interacted with anypony the whole time...he sighed.

Well...maybe he would wait a few more minutes before he found somepony to talk to.

@@legionbrony,

Thrilseeker wrapped up his conversation with the Saddle Arabian visitor and his zebra friend, then walked back to the table to fetch some more food. Guess the diet starts once the holidays are over, he thought to himself as he loaded up his plate. Turning around, he found a royal guard standing by himself so he walked over. "Hey," the pegasus greeted him. "Don't think I've seen a royal guard over here before. Nice to meet you."

Silver Wing, now done with his second dish and sipping on his hot cocoa, continued to stair out the window, almost as if he is in a trance. He cant help but think of how long the storm would last and how the other weather pegasus's were doing fighting to keep the storm under control. "I sure hope everyone is ok out there." He whispered to himself, completely unaware of anypony around him.

Edited by tKestrel

@tKestrel

"I was thinking the same thing," Plum said absently. "I have a friend just outside of Ponyville who's a storm expert. They send her out whenever there's a storm risk near a residential area, but..." Plum pressed her Hoof against the window and squinted at the sky.

"I've never seen it get out of hand when she's on duty," she said.

@Yoshi89

Silver looked up at the pony. Well, he seemed nice enough.

"Thank you. My name is Silver Shield," he said, bowing his head just a little. He wasn't really the formal type, but living in Canterlot, acting a little snobbish just rubbed off on a pony. "What is your name?"

Edited by legionbrony
  • Brohoof 1

With their drinks and food finished, the two cultured ponies exit from the dining hall and back onto the parlor to their spots near the fire.

"Got some openings at a place called Haywaii. Nice little tropical place. When you get back see if you can't snag a 3 month service?" Ahaban speaks to his zebra friend.

"It sounds quite the lovely vacation. A nice change of pace from the usual foundation." Bulawayo responds. Again Ahaban takes another log feeding it to the fire.

@AmberDust

"Really?" Silver Wing said with a suprised look on his face. "I dont know many weather pegasus. I usually tend to my stretch of sky. Im not very confortable talking to many ponies, so I stay to myself." Silver Wing returning his attention to the show filled sky, "You said you know an expert storm pegasus? Ive never met one of those before. Whats their name?" Silver wing, now intrigued by the idea of there being an expert pegasus out there in the storm.

@@tKestrel

Plum turned back to Silver Wing with a bittersweet smile.

"Her name's StormJumper," she explained. "We grew up together, but she couldn't make it today because of this storm."

Plum looked back out the window, worried.

"She's probably fine," Plum said to herself.

@AmberDust

"StormJumper? That name does sound familiar if I'm not mistaken. Ive never met her before though. Do you think once the storm settles down she will be able to swing by? Im sure she will need some of your delicious treats to warm her up." Silver Wing, now becoming curious about StormJumpers well being as well. Silver Wing walked into the dining hall, only to return with a cup of hot cocoa. "Here you go Plum. Maybe this will help ease your nerves." Silver said with a smile.