Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the ponies in the show looked like the toys

Plonkett

First of all, I'm really glad that the show's style is what it is, but looking at how the toys look and the art of some books like Under the Sparkling Sea, I have to imagine how the show would turn out if the ponies looked like the toys.

258275__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-da

Those examples actually look pretty good, I was expecting some abomination like this.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/0/09/Twilight_Sparkle_Pegasus_Unicorn_toy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130801184914

I would mind an MLP cartoon where they looked like the picture in the OP at all but would seriously cringe if it looked like the pic I posted.

• Brohoof 1

It's an interesting art style. It's sort of more reminiscent of the toys, but it isn't really all that bad. Actually the thing that makes it most seem like the toys is AJ not having a hat  :P

Imagine if the colorfulness of the show came out in the toys, though. Like if the toys could be perfect recreations of the show. That'd be magical. Anyways, I'd still probably enjoy it the same if the art style changed.