Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you explode twice?

Ziggy + Angel + Rain

Just in case anyone has forgotten this unsettling moment from season one:

First off, Spike posits that a pony can spontaneously explode without apparent cause.  Secondly, Pinkie Pie - a pony we know to possess the science-defying "Pinkie Sense" - suggests that an additional explosion could immediately follow the first.  Though this may appear to be pure conjecture, there is something disconcertingly convincing about it all.

Needless to say, this concerns me.

CAN ponies explode twice?  You'd think once would be bad enough...  But two explosions is roughly twice as many explosions as one. <_<  How often do double explosions occur?  Are they more likely to occur in the company of a little purple dragon??  And, dare I ask?  If a pony survived the initial explosion long enough to endure the second, is an even greater THIRD explosion not outside the realm of possibility?!?!?

But let's look differently at this unexplained phenomenon: Can double explosion be weaponized and used to combat a future MLP villain?  Is this the ponies' TRUE ace in the hole?  Was this deceptively insignificant moment from season one actually setting up the advent of THE most powerful weapon the ponies have in their already impressive arsenal of friendship?!

• Brohoof 3

Um, to me, that is pretty much impossible. I mean, when a Pokemon use Self Destruct, can it use twice? The answer is no, it can't, it pretty much blew itself up, and need to revive before it can fight again. So, using that logic, if a pony blew themself up, won't you think they are dead?

CAN ponies explode twice?  You'd think once would be bad enough...  But two explosions is roughly twice as many explosions as one. <_<  How often do double explosions occur?  Are they more likely to occur in the company of a little purple dragon??  And, dare I ask?  If a pony survived the initial explosion long enough to endure the second, is an even greater THIRD explosion not outside the realm of possibility?!?!?

MLP Forums: We ask the BIG questions.

:D

I think, depending on the given definition of explosion, a double explosion, maybe even a triple, is possible.

-My favourite example: Fuel-air weaponry. First, an 'explosion' of inflammable vapour, then a spark of some sort, causing a fiery explosion using the vapours as fuel. 

Now, with that said, applying this to ponies, and possibly even dragons, there are obviously, ahem, military applications.

-Spike the Dragon: His flame comes from somewhere, it must have fuel to burn, therefore, he explodes, fuel spreads out, ignites, he re-explodes. That is, assuming dragons are built like Zippo-Lighters.

As for a pony, only winged ponies (though studies into the explosiveness of unicorn/alicorn magic could yield new results) could explode twice- same idea, just using their feathers: Pegasus goes 'asplode, feathers fly out, if in a dense enough cloud, they ignite (from an external activation energy, I guess), allowing their second explosion.

Obviously, to weaponise this phenomenon, more explosives research will need to be done, but I believe we could have pegasus/alicorn AoE weapons, and draconic-Bunker-Busters.

We can take this all as a clear example I am getting quite tired, as I put way too much thought into that. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I used Pokemon logic, what I meant, a Pokemon can only use Self Destruct and Explosion once without needing to be revived. I feel like those moves are inhumane, you are basically telling your Pokemon to commit suicide. I don't like to use any moves that will hurt my Pokemon in any way. Even moves like Take Down I don't like using.

Now, with that said, applying this to ponies, and possibly even dragons, there are obviously, ahem, military applications.

-Spike the Dragon: His flame comes from somewhere, it must have fuel to burn, therefore, he explodes, fuel spreads out, ignites, he re-explodes. That is, assuming dragons are built like Zippo-Lighters.

When I read that, I was immediately reminded of this moment:

o_O

Also, tired or no, thanks for intelligently exploring my comparatively unintelligent topic lol.

• Brohoof 2

Definition of explode: burst or shatter violently and noisily as a result of rapid combustion, decomposition, excessive internal pressure, or other process, typically scattering fragments widely.

That said, if the pieces of the pony were to be put back together and then exploded again; I guess that would count as exploding twice? Or, maybe ponies are made of a material that explodes shortly after experiencing the effects of an explosion meaning that the fragments were left from the original explosion would explode again, which I think would count as exploding twice. As long as there is something left from the original explosion, it should theoretically be able to explode again.

I spoke with an expert on the subject of Equine Explosive Engineering (who may or may not have been a crazy hobo), and he assured me that ponies are, in fact, capable of exploding up to six times in a single day. Seven for Alicorns.

• Brohoof 2

Then, what happen to Pokemon uses Self Destruct and Explosion? I am now very confused, also, Pokemon who use those moves in contests don't faint. Pokemon are illogical.

Simply, Contests are held in a mystical dimension where the moves' effects are changed- like how tackle doesn't damage, it's simply 'A highly appealing move' The old man watching over it has powers beyond our comprehension...

Does a Focus sash allow enduring the explosion?  If so, boom, problem solved. (poor word choice, given the topic:P) 

-

I've had another thought, generally. Think Worms, that excellent game series. Cluster bomb: Explodes, throws out shards, they explode. Simply, ponies are made of a REALLY unstable compound that cancels out the effects when in bonded to other pieces. When seperated the edges of these pieces are exposed, and are super reactive, creating a double explosion effect.

@

As the discussion has essentially away from the subject of the show itself I'll be moving this to Forum Lounge.

Thank you, and have a good day.  :)

@

As the discussion has essentially away from the subject of the show itself I'll be moving this to Forum Lounge.

Thank you, and have a good day.   :)

Darn it. I made another mistake. Well, I didn't start the tropic, but I was probably the one who made it as it is, by talking about Pokemon. I feel so stupid.

Well A pony could explode into PEICES of itself.Seperating His limbs and head from his body. AND THEN the Limbs and head would Explode on their own. And it could be possible that it could explode SEVERAL times If the limbs exploded one by one. Or it could be Pinkie's senseless logic.

Edited by Changelingking

Darn it. I made another mistake. Well, I didn't start the tropic, but I was probably the one who made it as it is, by talking about Pokemon. I feel so stupid.

Don't worry about it; you didn't do anything wrong, really.  This topic was probably always headed to the lounge from the get-go. xD  I personally thought the Pokemon move "self-destruct" was relevant enough for my silly topic.

Don't worry about it; you didn't do anything wrong, really.  This topic was probably always headed to the lounge from the get-go. xD  I personally thought the Pokemon move "self-destruct" was relevant enough for my silly topic.

I thought so too, and Explosion. We are talking about exploding twice, and I thought it was somewhat relevant to the topic. I was talking to the staff member, though.

I thought so too, and Explosion. We are talking about exploding twice, and I thought it was somewhat relevant to the topic. I was talking to the staff member, though.

I absolve you regardless. xD  I'm secretly the owner of these forums, and I merely pose as a twice-exploding topic poster in my spare time. < _<  Just accept this as the truth without seeking corroboration. > _>

And I think Pokemon that self-destruct CAN explode twice...

...After you restore them from their "fainted" status.  They actually do survive self-destructing.  Otherwise Pokemon trainers would be super upset.

I absolve you regardless. xD  I'm secretly the owner of these forums, and I merely pose as a twice-exploding topic poster in my spare time. < _<  Just accept this as the truth without seeking corroboration. > _>

And I think Pokemon that self-destruct CAN explode twice...

...After you restore them from their "fainted" status.  They actually do survive self-destructing.  Otherwise Pokemon trainers would be super upset.

I know that. Pokemon can explode any number of times, you just revive them, though.

• Brohoof 1