Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Resurgence RP Reboot (Post-Apocalyptic, Sci-fi, Anthro, Dark)

EcstaticWind

Cosmic held his rifle in his hands tightly. "Perfect spot for an ambush, huh? I mean, I dunno if these things are smart enough but... damn, it's quiet...." He slowly shifted as he walked, spinning around full circle and getting a view of all sides. "Y'know, I'm sure we'll be fine."

@Laserbolt

Cosmic, who was now walking slightly in front of Rusty, looked over his shoulder back at her. "Yeah, I think it is. I mean, I wouldn't go as far as to say any disease, but I've read several books on these plants supposedly here with amazing healing ability." He realized that he hadn't actually been acquainted with her yet. "Now, errrr... might not be the best time for socializing, but I don't think we've formally met. I'm Cosmic Flare." Cosmic said, still paying close-attention to his surroundings. "You are... something with an 'R,' right?" He smiled sheepishly over his shoulder.

• Brohoof 1

@@Laserbolt

Agnus looked over to the hopeful pony. 

"Many plants have been found to have healing effects for many afflictions. But many also have been found to be extremely lethal. I would hate to see the trial and error process that allowed us to make such discoveries" The robotic pony said, following along with the group. It's ears were perked up. They had very delicate sensors in them that simulated what Agnus hoped was  sound. It tried to make sure nothing out of the ordinary was heard.

Edited by Commander Tangent

@@The Shadow Stallion,

Faith glanced at her scanner. It didn't show anything wrong with the squad, medically. No signs of infection, poisoning, drugging or corruption. "Everyone looks fine to me. Does it seem too quiet to anyone else?"

@@Laserbolt@@@FractalMoon, @@Commander Tangent@@@Archi the Atmomancer,

As if on cue, everyone would receive a blip on the motion trackers. Something was moving in the underbrush. Faith had her weapon at the ready, but the blip seemed to move past them. Ahead of them, even. A low growling could be heard, as if some unseen predator was stalking them, testing them for weaknesses. If any of them broke and ran, this thing was poised to take them down, wherever it was...

Blackheart drew his blades and stopped moving. "It seems we... were right." Blackheart said over his shoulder to Faith as his eyes scanned the nearby foliage for any signs of movement. Blackheart knew he wouldn't see the creature, but he would see the movement, a blade of grass rising or a branch swinging back into place. "Stay close. It might try.... to attack the most isolated member first." Blackheart assumed as he said this to Faith. His eyes were still darting back and forth and his ears were twitching, trying to listen to any hint of an approach. He kept Faith and his motion sensor in his peripheral vision.

@@Windbreaker,

Agnus froze along with the rest of the group. The robotic pony slowly scanned the local area, looking for movement. Whatever was out there was likely well camouflaged, so movement would be a reliable indicator, at least by Agnus' logic.  The sounds of the forest were seemingly gone, replaced by an unnerving quiet. The pony wasn't sure if it really was this quiet, or possibly something else.