Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Hotel

Tone Shift

@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle had her mouth unwrapped so she could taste the vegetable gumbo she was cooking. After making a broth from some fresh crab and lobster shells she found, she mixed it in with vegetable to give them a little bit of a seafood taste without the meat. When she was done she let it set for a while to let it build up flavor.  While she was washing her hooves she heard what sounded like Destiny's voice. "Merde! B-back here Destiny." Belle said in her shy but lovely voice and her thick Cajun/Prench accent. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Gloomfury,

Destiny looked in the kitchen to see Belle cooking. "Oh, I thought a hotel employee was back here. Whatever you're making it smells good," she commented.

"We found the lobby. The front door is locked. We haven't found anypony except us," she informed Belle. "Have you seen anypony while you walked here?"

@@Midnight Starfall,

"N-no, sorry. But I did fi-SHIT! Find a this kitchen that was filled with almost a half a year worth of food. And everything is fresh Li-FUCK! Like everything was just brought in today." She went back over to the pot of gumbo and stirred it a little. "I got hungry so I thought I would make us something to eat." She scooped up some in a wooden spoon and hold it up ."Would you like a taste?" She asked with a shy smile and a light blush from letting her tics slip. 

@@Gloomfury,

"That's strange. This hotel just gets weirder and weirder," Destiny said. She noted the random cursing in the middle of her sentences, which she thought was odd.

When asked if she wanted a taste, she replied, "Sure." She took the spoon and tasted it. "It's pretty good. Better seafood than you find in Ponyville," Destiny said with a nod.

"GAH!" Nettle suddenly shouted as he slammed the last of the drawers closed back in the lobby. With a frustrated groan, he turned and started on his path to find the others. "Joyous rapture" He snarked out sarcastically. "No keys, no breaking doors and not a soul in sight. Wonderful. Just freaking great." He grumbled irritably to himself as he meandered around.

"Destiny! The key option is a no-go! Whoever ran this place must have taken it when they left!" He called out to the halls as he made his way around. He suddenly paused. "Where the buck am I going?"

@@Midnight Starfall,

"I'm glad you like it. I grew up near Ponyville around foggy bottom bog, past the fire swamp. In a little bayou town. You'll never find better seafood an-DAMMIT! Anywhere else." She added a few more spices and let it sit a little longer. "I-I'm sorry for the cursing. I have tourettes syndrome. I usually cover my mouth so I wont upset or offend anyone."

@@Skijarama, @@Gloomfury,

Destiny heard Nettle's shout in the hall. "How should we get out of here then? Climb out the window?" she suggested, calling out to him in the hall.

She turned to Belle. "Past the fire swamp? I didn't even know there was a fire swamp near Ponyville. Then again, I don't get out often."

"Tourettes? I've never heard of it, but I'm assuming it has something to do with anger from your angry curses."

@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle chuckled. "No, it has nothing to do with being angry.  It's a condition in my brain that ma-SHIT! Makes me do things that I can't control. Like cursing, sometimes involuntary movements. Sometimes I just loose all control of my body and I just freeze. It-BUCK! It's a real pain." She said leaning her back against the wall and sliding to the ground till she was sitting on the floor with a sad look on her face. 

@@Gloomfury,

"Oh," Destiny said, not knowing what else to say. She kind of knew how she felt, but not to the level she has it. She can't control when she gets awkward around large groups of ponies.

Destiny wanted to comfort her somehow. She comes off as mean, but not heartless. The problem was, she wasn't the touchy-feely or hugging type of pony. Instead, she just sat down next to her.

@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle gave a small smile, knowing where Destiny was coming from. "Cause of this it kinda makes it heard for me to deal with crowds. I sometimes get stared at cause I cover my mouth, and the sound of m-DAMMIT! My shouts attracts attention. So I usually just stay in my house and work from there and I have my food delivered to me by my assisted . Sometimes when I feel trapped I take walks at night where there ain't a lot of ponies around."

@@Gloomfury,

Way worse than what I deal with.

"I can't handle crowds well either, but I don't have it as bad as you do," Destiny said. "You seem to be handling it pretty well though," she commented, meaning it as her own sort of compliment.

She didn't know what else to say without coming off as soft.

@@Midnight Starfall,

"Thanks. I'm trying to get out more so I can get past it.  And maybe if I did it enough I think the ponies who live around me might not pay attention to me as much. I gre-MERDE! Grew up in a small town so I might try to get to know some of them. Cause back home everyone pretty much knew each other, kinda like a family. So I could at least try to make one or two acquaintances."

@@Gloomfury,

Destiny nodded, "It's good that you're trying to get better with it and make the best of it." She didn't know what else to say again. She didn't talk for a while, but said after a while, "Where do you think we are? Are we still even in Equestria?" She wanted to break down the door, but kicking the lobby door didn't work.

It was at about this point that Nettle trotted into the room. "Ah! There you are. You mentioned breaking windows, right?" He asked as he trotted up to the two. He paused, taking note of the way the two were sitting. "Er... I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

@@Midnight Starfall,@@Skijarama,

Belle looked up to Nettle as he walked into the kitchen. "Oh, um, no. Not really. We were just wondering if we were still in Equestria. I think we might be, but a lobster shell I found was from a lobster that would be found between Equestria and the Griffin Kingdom. So we really could be anywhere."

@@Gloomfury, @@Skijarama,

Destiny stood up, "You're not interrupting. Do you want to try and break a window? I can break it. I don't want to be trapped in this hotel for very long"

She walked over to one of the restaurant windows. She jumped up and kicked it as hard as she could, but the glass didn't even crack so much as a tiny bit. She muttered a few choice words as she held her throbbing hoof. "What is that window made out of.."

"Wait, hold up." Nettle said, trotting up to the window. He stared out for several moments. "That's not right." He said matter-of-factly, "Theres nothing out there. Seriously, light comes in, but I can't see anything out there. No sky, no ground, no buildings, no trees... nothing." He turned his eyes back to the other two. "What in tartarus is going on here?"

@@Skijarama,@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle stood up as well and went over to another window do find out Nettle was right. You could see light coming into the building but nothing outside. Then an old story her grandma told her popped into her head. It was about an old hotel that housed no one but the spirits of ponies who stumbled upon the hotel. They couldn't leave or escape. And they only think they could see outside was the light of the day and the stars of the night. 

"I think we're... dead."

(edited)

"Dead...?" Nettle echoed, looking at Belle with a face of surprise. "But... that's not... if we're dead, how come we don't remember how we died? One would think that would be the foremost memory in our minds." Nettle turned an eye to the window and gazed out again. "And I don't remember anything about my own death. I remember going to bed last night and getting some well earned sleep after a hard day of writing."

Edited by Skijarama

"My grandma told me a story about a hotel that housed the dead off passers. I was so interested I looked it to other stories like it. I read one that said there was a hotel that housed the souls of ponies who just died, but they couldn't remember how or when they died. Mo-SHIT! Mostly because they couldn't accept it. So they stayed in the hotel filled with a endless amount of food and many things to keep them entertained."

Nettle looked away for a moment. He then slowly looked back to Belle. "Why are we the only ponies here, then? One would think there are other ponies who died recently and can't accept their fate. Would they not then appear where we are as well?" He slowly backed away from the window, eyes narrowing.

@@Skijarama,@@Midnight Starfall,

"Maybe if we stayed long enough there would be more." She said as she went back over to the pot to check the gumbo.  When she lifted the lid, a large cloud of steam came from the pot. And a large collected sent of spices soon followed. " Gumbo's ready. Lets worry about things later and have a bowl."

@@Gloomfury, @@Skijarama,

Destiny looked out the window, listening to their conversation. "Would would it even be like crawling out of any of the windows if nothing is out there?"

She stepped away from the window, tempted to smash it to pieces. She went back towards the kitchen where Belle was. "Yeah, but I'm gonna take another kick at the window when I'm finished."

"If it didn't work the first time then why try it again? Maybe a good meal will help you think of something better." She said as she filled a bowl for Destiny. "It's Cajun style so you might want something to drink." She said as she gave the bowl to her. She then filled two more bowls for herself and Nettle.